At one Point.....Tmac and Kobe were on the same level

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i said it then and i will still say it Kobe was always better then Tmac.
Word.

I had this argument repeatedly with a friend of mine in those years (he said T-Mac, I said Kobe)...but he hated Kobe with a passion do so he might have been alittle biased.
laugh.gif

Kobe got better throughout his career while T-Mac started to get injured and his game kind of fell off. But T-Mac was better than Kobe at one point in hiscareer.

T-Mac was definitely Kobe's equal for a few years in Orlando, about 02 - 04, and as a scorer I think T-Mac was superior. It's easy to forget howunstoppable he was in those days - he had the freakish athleticism and length, he was a wizard in the art of creating his own pull up J, and he had this graceand fluidity to his game, making even the most difficult shots look like child's play. I think that is what's most disappointing about T-Mac; he hadthe unique package, had the prodigious talent, yet mentally he proved unable to cope with the pressures of injury and carrying a team.

Kobe was always better, he just had to play within a system that didn't let show his full capabilities individually

Just for the sake of not starting an argument, I am going to agree with you OP.....but really....who cares who was better at some point? At one point AlJefferson and Dwight Howard were on the same level. At one point Gilbert Arenas and Dwyane Wade were on the same level. SOme people get hurt. Some peopledevelop their games. Doesnt really matter if people are equal at one point.

The game where the debate ended:

pimp.gif

Kobe locked up and shut down T-Wack in the 2nd half and he just took over the 4th quarter and showed his will to win.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

The man lead the league in scoring for two years, was All-NBA first team two years, second team three years and 3rd team 2 years. The man also once averaged 1. 9 blocks per game, no small feat for a guard (obviously his height and length helped him but still). He has an evoultionary type of skill set, he just never seemed to put "it" all together for whatever reason.

Plus, the man might have been the greatest video game player pre Bron. I swear he was a absolute menace in 2K2
pimp.gif
I scored 70+ with him 3 times
smokin.gif

You didnt get the memo? Niketalk has team mbenga. There is probably 100+ sites for team mcgrady.

T-Mac was the greatest scorer in the league in the early 2000's...bar none.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i said it then and i will still say it Kobe was always better then Tmac.
of course he was. Mac was good, really good but he never was better than Kobe and of course will never be.

Back
Top Bottom