AT&T blocks /b (4chan)

"just a thought" but what if AT&T brings down the juggernaut we know as 4chan
nerd.gif
What crank lucas said

I want to see what 4Chan can do to AT&T. I really want to see if they can shut them out. There is going to be lulz for days on end because of this. But netcensorship is not whats up.

ATT employs probably some of the best hackers and programmers in the world. Where do you think all those people who get caught up in hacking go to? Either thegovt. or a big corporation. Hell, all ATT has to do is start offering paychecks to the big Anon hackers and this ends tonight.

ATT wins.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

ATT employs probably some of the best hackers and programmers in the world. Where do you think all those people who get caught up in hacking go to? Either the govt. or a big corporation. Hell, all ATT has to do is start offering paychecks to the big Anon hackers and this ends tonight.

ATT wins.

And then those best programmers go home and visit their favorite site...

Due to the nature of how ISPs work, I could see the potential for anti trust law suits in the future, if major ISPs decide to become the morality police. It isone thing if a retailer does not carry a book or a CD because retailing is very competitive and most consumers could easily go to a place that would carrycontroversial content. With your ISP it is much more difficult and in some cases very difficult to find an alternative. Some cable/telephone/internet providerswant to be given a state backed monopoly on the groups that there service is a natural monopoly, essentially saying that they will behave and exchange theirshould not have to compete with any other providers in a given area.

Aside from the legal and economic issues, this is a classic free speech issue where something that is generally unpopular is being threatened.. Whatever youmay or may not think about 4 chan and its /b/ forum, if you are a good American, you should defend them and condemn AT&T.

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

even if you are against the stuff that goes on at that site, you should look at the bigger picture. early stages against net neutrality.
^

/b/ don't play
laugh.gif

They taken down huge sites in a mere couple of seconds
ohwell.gif

They can get in there and take down the internet for everyone if they want /b/ is like what? thousands if not millions strong?

For all we know they got someone working on the inside helping them plan it.

Someone said this on there
LISTEN UP @#@$ HERES THE DEAL

we DO NOT know EXACTLY why this damn ban has been put in place

RUMOR HAS IT - DDOS AVERSION; ****tons of traffic being routed through AT$T servers trying to hit /b/
OR MAYBE ITS JUST GOOD OLD CP CENSORSHIP, ALTHOUGH WE DONT KNOW FOR SURE

NO RAID until CONFIRMATION of justification of DDoS

UNTIL REASON FOR ATTACK IS CONFIRMED TOMORROW WHEN AT&T PR OFFICES OPEN UP
CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE ONCE
1) BE POLITE
2) ASK, POLITELY, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE BAN "HI, I AM UNABLE TO ACCESS 4CHAN.ORG/B/ AND THIS IS PROBLEM FOR ME, WAT IS UP"
3) SAY 'THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME' WHEN THEY GIVE ABSOLUTELY NO USEFUL INFORMATION AT ALL
4) HANG UP

IF AT&T IS CENSORING, THIS IS SPARTA, WE ARE LEGION, ETC ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE
UNTIL THEN, WE RELAX

Back
Top Bottom