AT&T is UNLOCKING all iPhones out of contract. Instructions inside.

I already posted this in the VZW thread, because folks were asking how it was done, I figured I'd give it it's on thread so folks on AT&T can read it too.  Forgive spelling, and if this is a repost, apologies.

If you own an iPhone, and are out of contract with AT&T starting April 12, 2012, you can call AT&T and have them unlock your phone.  This is not a DIY unlock, but a fully functioning non tethered unlock done by AT&T over the air, and the process is completed through iTunes.

1.  Call AT&T an tell them you'd like to have your phone unlocked, and that you are oout of contract.  (If they ask why, tell them you'll be vacationing overseas and need to use it on other networks)
2.  They will ask for your info, as well as your phone's info.  IMEI etc.
3.  They will give you a case number and email you within a few days (mine only took 2 hours) that says your phone is ready to be unlocked, and will instruct you to plug your phon into iTunes and sync.
4.  Follow instructions and BAM
unlocked2.jpg

Next go to Straight talk micro sim here, and purchase a Micro sim from them.
Pay 45 bucks a month for the same damn service you're paying ~100 for

You're welcome.
pimp.gif

Sorry, forgot to add, that Straight talk BUYS it's data, coverage FROM AT&T/tmobile etc. the service is identical to post paid service (in other words higher priority service than pre-paid)

you can use a tmobile SIM from them or Tmobile as well, but data speeds are limited to EDGE...(at&t iphones run on a different data frequency than tmobile's data does, therefore it defaults to the lowest common signal, EDGE in this case)

Straight talk has 767 negative reviews and 77 positive, no thank you. Thanks for the unlock info though.

I'm with a family plan, but I unlocked my iphone and use a sim card that only has me pay 30 but without data(my part in the family plan). Would i be able to open a new line and jus by the straight talk sim card by itself from at&t?

I did this to my iPhone last year. I had to buy a Straight Talk phone and cut the sim card lol it's much easier now that Straight Talk is selling the microsim & AT&T is unlocking them. I get great service, unless I'm in the woods somewhere where I get 1 bar & Edge.

I have a Iphone 4s for ATT and but have service with Sprint. Will this unlock allow me to use this phone with Sprint once its unlocked?

Originally Posted by AyoDun

Straight talk has 767 negative reviews and 77 positive, no thank you. Thanks for the unlock info though.
As I stated before you aren't getting "service" from straight talk, you are still using AT&T towers or whomever company you chose to go with.

Straight talk has done me just fine, I have found when people review cell phone service it's normally the folks not getting good service that take the time to bash the company.  It's prepaid so try it out for a month, seeing as it's probably one of the cheapest all inclusive plans for iphone.

And you are certainly welcome
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JayMosEnvied

So you still get 3G or is it running on edge?

Full 3G, which is as good as it gets now as far as prepaid goes.  EDGE would be if you decided to go with t-mobile (either for better reception, if that's the case in your area etc.)  but if you go through straighttalk with AT&T you get full functioning unlimited 3G

I have an iPhone, but don't have AT&T. Can someone out of contract with AT&T unlock multiple iPhones?

Originally Posted by kalikid23

I have a Iphone 4s for ATT and but have service with Sprint. Will this unlock allow me to use this phone with Sprint once its unlocked?
nope, ATT iPhone is on a GSM network, whereas your Sprint is on a CDMA network. 

im out of luck i guess? ive got an ATT iphone but never had ATT.

how am i supposed to do this? can someone do it for me?

any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

im out of luck i guess? ive got an ATT iphone but never had ATT.

how am i supposed to do this? can someone do it for me?

any help would be appreciated.
pm, or msg me on FB, ill help you out

dammit, I signed up for another 2 years when the iphone 4s came out. Do you still get the "4G"(
eyes.gif
) on the iphone 4s if you do the straight talk?

I was thinking about getting a factory unlocked IPhone. Can you use Facetime and picture messaging with TMobile?

Originally Posted by AirThompson

I was thinking about getting a factory unlocked IPhone. Can you use Facetime and picture messaging with TMobile?

yes, facetime over wifi works flawless

and picture messaging yes if you have data and something with the settings.

Back
Top Bottom