At what age do you feel a person should stop rockin' J's?

No offense man, but that's kinda cold that your wife to be doesn't want to rock jays as much...If it's something you like, she should have respectfor that.....good luck though man, hope all goes well

IMO, there is no age for you to stop rockin' J's. No matter how old you are. If you love what you do, your collection, there is no stoping you

I see both points of this.

When you make the huge decision to join two lives together emotionally, financially, PHYSICALLY, concessions and compromises are made on both sides.

We can all attest to the fact that our hobby is an expensive one, just look at the price of the upcoming packs!

When there are mortgages, weekly groceries, utilities, ammenities,(cell, Internet, cable), outgoing totals start adding up. Monetary intake better increase topay for our wants as opposed to our needs!

If our friend can find a happy medium, pick up some extra cash without slingin rock on the corner Barksdale/Stanfield style, I'm sure this debate will beover unless it's simply a question of style and fashion!

When this issue came up for me, I simply picked up some extra coverages at school. Instead of surfing the web on my off period, I cover a class or two at 45$a pop. By simply doing 1 to 2 a day, thats's between 225 to 450 a week extra coming in! Opportunity and solutions are all around you, keep your eyesopen! The only problem is:sometimes those opportunities are disguised as hard work!

Just for clarification......................... I will never stop!!!!!! She knows this, and accepts this. She just wishes that I didn't love it as much asI do. Or at least that's what I get from her. But women are complex creatures that at times, I care not to figure out.

If you love J's and kicks in general you shouldn't stop being into what brings you joy. Like anything else though, if it hurts the rest of your lifeyou have to prioritize. That goes for all collecting : cars, art, vinyl figures - anything! If you can afford it and it doesn't make you risk your rent,health insurance ie: real life stuff - then rock on!! I'm 28, will be married in 6 months and until I have to choose kicks over kids clothes or food ormortgage / car payments then I'm not stopping a damn thing!

Stopping or slowing down should be your choice. I'll be 33 in June and I still rock J's. I have slowed down my purchases because I have a son and weare saving for a house, but my wife completely understands my addiction to sneakers. I'll be buried in a pair of Jordans or Nikes if I have it my way!

it depends because if u are older like in your 40's than you can wear em for like athletic purposes but not just normally

i'm 21 ready to graduate from college and thinking about law school
and if i do become a lawyer i'm still gonna rock jays i know it and my girl knows it

when all my og color retro falls apart, and theres nothing left but fusions.
mad.gif

when you are 18 you think about stuff like that. but as you get older things dont change. i'm gettin adult and professional clothing as well as J's.Jordans are a collection and a hobby and everyone needs somehting liket hat..

in fact man created a hobby to get AWAY from the wife so tell her too bad so sad.

31 here and i love sneakers

My pops 52 n still rocks alotta OGs but he's not crazy n line'n up and fighhtin the highschool kids at the mall 4 a pair

u can rock jays as long as u can rock denim for real... i jus got both my parents some jays and there 55 so i mean.... as long as aint no old head wit a walkerwearin some jays its straight

Stopping or slowing down should be your choice. I'll be 33 in June and I still rock J's. I have slowed down my purchases because I have a son and we are saving for a house
I'm kind of in the same boat.
I'll be 32 next month, married, a 5 year old and a another baby coming in July.
Let's just say, no countdown packs for me this year
laugh.gif

I did buy the stealth XX3's though. In fact, I have only bought 1 other pair of shoes this year. a pair of Sk8 hi's.
My wife knows I will still buy a pair of shoes now and then, but nothing like '03-'04, where I was trying to pick up every friggin release. Mydecision, not hers. I just thought about what my priorities were.
Plus it doesn't hurt that for the most part, Jordans are terrbile now.

-J-

Never man...I will be rocking jays...i want a pair to be with me when I die..haha...True shoe heads rock their kicks anytime they feel like it

Originally Posted by DOMO usagi

never... i'll be like the egyptian pharaohs have my collection buried with me...

Hopefully the boatman carrying you across to Hades won't take them off your feet as payment!

I don't think there's any age limit IMHO.

My mother is almost 60 and she regularly wears the Olive 9s I gave her as a gift a few years back. And they are still in super clean condition too! On top ofthat, when she wears her Jordans she always coordinates the outfit (usually jeans or black pants with an earthy color shirt or sweater).

Also, at one point I worked for a guy in his 70s with some serious cash (owns two new Benzes and a mint condition Rolls Royce Silver Shadow and lives on anenormous estate with an ultra-modern mansion) and he always wore black Jordans when he wasn't at the office.

Ill be wearing jays til the end. Age is nothin, authenticity is everything. Life is too short to rock fakes.

Back
Top Bottom