Athletes on NT

say you played a sport professionally, say, football. And madden screwed up your ratings and your overall. Would you be mad? Would you try to argue with the makers like some past athletes have? or would you shake it off because its just, "another video game"? Your thoughts on this.

i wouldnt be mad because Madden and NBA games cant really place a rating on players whos never really played.....

just like the Gilbert Arenas situation where he never played but turned out to be a beast, video games only go by in game statistics.....they never "truly" go by skill

*yes i asked myself this question before

EDIT---and i know for sure 2K listens to the forums, and makes stat adjustments when their forum sees a player that needs certain stats changed

I'd be annoyed if I players who I felt I was better than were rated higher than me, but complaining and arguing is only going to draw more attention to it so who really cares.

I would hope if I'm playing a sport professionally, video game ratings are the least of my worries.

I would just use it as motivation to train harder and play better....

That way they couldn't help but give me the rating I felt I deserved....

"I understand I averaged 10 yards a catch, but it's the offense, not me. I'm not playing Madden no more until they get my rating right. ... I used to be the best in the world at Madden. I'm going to miss not playing it, but until they do me right, I'm not playing it any more." -houshmandzadeh

his rating was a 91 btw and this was his take of madden 10

I'm on NCAA football
nerd.gif
, they just made me mad fast with no hands
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rhester

Yea i'd be kinda pissed if Madden screwed up my stats. But in the end they're probably trying to tell you something. I've also heard stories of them spelling names incorrectly which sucks.

Originally Posted by bAMAZING

Originally Posted by rhester

if you were a real athlete you wouldn't care about a video game. unless you were also an idiot.

If you're a pro athlete and it takes a damn video game to motivate you, you're gonna have some bigger issues. You should be striving to be better already, eff what a game says you are. I mean, you really think this means more to a player than millions?

I'm a 'pro' in my sport, but it'll probably never be commercialized like it once was, so I doubt a game like Madden would be made for it. I wouldn't give a flip if I was underrated though.

Back
Top Bottom