Attention all FINISHLINE niketalk employees! Vol. I need help

I might be getting an interview w/ FNL soon and i need some help on the questions their going to ask me.

Let me know some questions that they ask, and also help me out with a good answer to those questions.

Also, i know they ask this one:

Why do you want to work here instead of Footlocker, Footaction an so on?

Whats a good answer to this question^?

Thanks in advance

Seriously, just feed them what you think they want to hear. It isn't too hard to figure out.

And whatever you do, DO NOT agree to be a stocker! I'm warning you!!!

Originally Posted by breakinyourankles

If you can't sell accessories (insoles, cleaners, etc) just... don't even go.

Are they really that big on this??

Ive bought plenty of shoes there and have never bought any accessories, well at least not any that i was not planning on buying before i stepped in.

Originally Posted by FreshMoney15

Ive bought plenty of shoes there and have never bought any accessories, well at least not any that i was not planning on buying before i stepped in.

Well according to the other FNL posts, they apparently care more about their accessories than their employees. And this was said by MANY NTers. Even one ofmy friends that worked at FNL told me this. He quit.

Originally Posted by oO N3FF Oo

They're HUGE on it. Thats where the company makes all their profit, if you can't sell accessories you will not survive.

Yes they are huge on it. I am glad that I don't work there anymore. My manager kept giving me "pep" talks on how to include additionalaccessories as if I have never worked before. (I used to sell suits.) It was ridiculous. I am one not to force the consumer to buy things they don't need.Thank goodness I got out of that job. It was terrible.

Another thing that they did (at least in my store), was promise raises like crazy, and not once did I recieve one. *%@! FinishLine.

laugh.gif

Sooo much hate for Finishline in this thread. And I concur.

Honestly, shoe retail is NOT where it's at. As much as I love kicks, that $+## sucked.

And I repeat, DO NOT DO STOCK!!! I know at least one other person feels me on that....stock dudes stay disgruntled.

And I repeat, DO NOT DO STOCK!!! I know at least one other person feels me on that....stock dudes stay disgruntled.
laugh.gif
I did stock, I didnt mind it until week 2...when theytold me I had to break down shipment. +@%* outta here with that. If they didnt have such a generous employee discount (30%), not one human being would be aFinish Line employee. Not one.

Originally Posted by FreshMoney15

Well according to the other FNL posts, they apparently care more about their accessories than their employees. And this was said by MANY NTers. Even one of my friends that worked at FNL told me this. He quit.

What's so bad about stock?
Nothing if you dont mind being completely ignored, being the reciever of sales associate rants due to the fact they cant sell accessories, andshifting 100's of shoe boxes due to sales associate lazyness and utter disrespect towards the stock room.

laugh.gif
I did stock, I didnt mind it until week 2...when they told me I had to break down shipment. +@%* outta here with that. If they didnt have such a generous employee discount (30%), not one human being would be a Finish Line employee. Not one.

so true I hated finishline

What's so bad about stock?
Nothing if you dont mind being completely ignored, being the reciever of sales associate rants due to the fact they cant sell accessories, and shifting 100's of shoe boxes due to sales associate lazyness and utter disrespect towards the stock room.

I didn't think anyone else out there understood my pain as a stock worker
mad.gif

I work sales and stock for a rival company and its really all the same no matter where you work. But I'll tell you its not THAT hard to sellaccessories. I used to have that "I know they dont want it..." attitude but it never hurts to ask. Shoe cleaner and socks are easy if you just ask. If they got a suede shoe, mention how the protector keeps the suede from fading. If they got an AF1 of any all white shoe, a cleaner should be easy. Socks,mention the promotion and they usually go for it. As for insoles, again, it never hurts to ask but sometimes you might have to sacrifice. Meaning, saysomeone comes in looking for some workout shoes, show them an insole and be like "Unless your old shoes are falling apart, I recommend going with a lessexpensive solution. Have you ever tried an insole?" And helps more when I take off my shoe and show them I actually use them because they do work. Imean, sure you wont sell that $80 Air Max but you can always keep your sales up if you just hug the men's wall for a few hours.
How you like the jobreally depends on your coworkers and management. I've been workin for over 3 years and been through more managers, AMs, and PTs then I can remember but Ican say how I felt about going into work on a certain day depended heavily on who I was scheduled with. I've yet to work with a manager that seems fullycapable for the job and thats why I'm looking to get out the company. Especially when I can make twice as much somewhere else doing less work...

Back
Top Bottom