auto repair help needed

I have a 2004 RSX automatic, 30 k miles, few days ago I drove through a high patch of water and since then when accelerating between 30 & 40 mph, the pedaland steering wheel and car overall will vibrate or sputter / slip like its struggling to change gears. It only happens in this range and doesn't alwayshappen. The dealer ran tests and says there is water in transmission fluid and I should have it flushed which I have heard is potentially dangerous. Is thereanything else I can do, and any other ideas on what could be causing this. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Flush the ****** fluid. It doesn't pose danger if your car is at 30k miles. If your ****** still poses problems after the flush, you are in for some heftyrepair bills. Edit: But make sure that if you do flush the ****** fluid, you maintain a regular schedule in doing so, about every 15k miles.

That's unfortunate, just how high was the water im curious? With the flooding we've received through the years none of our cars ever had this problem.

Like baseball said, I'd just have the fluid flushed I wouldn't be worried about it.

thanks guys, water was accumulating under a bridge at a low spot in the area so it was pretty high and being a small car it was almost over the tires I wouldsay, so stupid of me to try it

idk much about cars, just seems odd to me that is only at that certain speed and not constant, it comes and goes

you could change it and see if you still have trouble but do not flush it if water is the only thing in it.

Im not honda expert (nissan>>) but I thought that honda never advises to get a ****** flush.

^ that's what I was thinking, could a simple change help, but Acura dealer recommended flush and so did local express shop that don't even perform them

Back
Top Bottom