Average age of Jordan Collector?

been into j's with my first pair of cement iv's in 88' scoopin up j's for the past couple of year with the retroes but now want to take my ishhto a different direction and get rid of most of my j's and get the REAL j's that gentry himself wouldn't dare retro......

Started during the best retro year in Jordan history...2001...Over 60 pairs i think. Im 21 and my first pair were the White/Flint Grey IX's. Ever sincethen i've been hooked on JB and especially the classical GREY colorways.

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

these threads never turn out well
smh.gif

im 20...i dont like to call myself a "collector"...im just a dude who likes shoes
indeed..im 21 and i been snatching up my own j's since i was 16....i used to go into finishline every weekend like aye u gotta hire me when i turn16 lol he hooked me up n then i couludnt stop buyin shoes haha
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AirPortchy

I'm 25, over 400 pairs strong.

400 pairs of J's? Where the hell do you keep them? I kinda wanna see a pic. I know what 100 pairs looks like lol. Now I'm down to about 40pairs of mostly Js. But trying to get rid of all the pairs that don't take me back in time.

i'm 19. i jus wanna say somethin that i've learned from my older brothers and other real collectors: "ROCKING J'S IS DIFFERENT FROMCOLLECTING" if everybody 24 and under calls themselves collectors they must got some shoes that go all the way to kids' sizes, i know some real hardcore collectors that buy 3 pairs at a time to wear a pair and keep 2 to COLLECT, i have some 3's 4's 14's Dub Z's and XX3's, and hella airforces. i dont consider myself a collector because i wear my shoes. all the kids hoppin in line the first day with their money ready then put em on right afterthey get em from the counter shouldn't call themselves collectors, no offense to y'all yungin's buyin nothin but FinishLine exclusives, butcollecting is a totally different thing than buying all the shoes from '06 to today. thats my opinion, u dont have to believe me but im settin it straightso y'all dont get it twisted. the shoe game aint to be played with, keep it real n leave it to the experienced ones to say wats a collector or not. thats just my 2cents
wink.gif

26 now but in my teens i amassed a collection well over 200 pair sold all of them when i got married to pay for the wedding,honeymoon all that extra crap.nowim back in the game with only 40 pairs and counting
frown.gif

i'm 22 and i have 13 pairs, nothin but heat though. i had to sell some pairs to get my money right. had my 1st Js when i was 13.

here is a serious question for the youngstas at the age of 14,15,16 etc. What made you collect Jordans?

have 25, wear only 14 for daily purposes
not a collector
love shoes....
1st pair of jays when i was 9, ever since then sneaker game on lock....

I'm Old enough to have actually watched Jordan Play, But Young enough to still get play.. lol But I currently have 32 pairs of Jays.... This is asignificant reduction of all the shoes I've had, for I used to wear them till the Soles fell off. quality back in the day, and much lower prices, Ohwell....

But Real Talk I've seen cats in there 50's in Line to buy fresh Jays, I really don't think collecting has an age.

Around 90 pairs
Collecting since I was 12, using the money I earned working at my uncles resturant.

man some1 dug this one out of its grave, but its a good topic so ill pitch in. im 24, been copping jays since 07. currently plotting on my 50th pair. i rock makicks but i clean em and put em right back on ice. 1st pair were ma fire red 3's and they still look crispy crispy. plan on trying to take a pic of all 50pairs together jus to see what it looks like
smokin.gif

PS: thanks to niketalk i picked up some crazy heat over the last 2 months, really defined my collection
smokin.gif

east99 wrote:
here is a serious question for the youngstas at the age of 14,15,16 etc. What made you collect Jordans?
i'd like to know this as well, also you guys saying your 17 now got 50 pairs been collecting since you were 13-14, how? i know i dont haveanything from when i was 13-14 simply because it doesn't fit me any more so whats the point, then again ppl keep that crack up OGs they cant wear. any whoi turned 22 in november and have 60+ pairs. been collecting since my senior year in high school.

eek.gif

This thread is old.

Funny how I got into it with some dude on the first page because he was hating and calling ducktales on me....
Well I'm going to answer this topic again because it's about the only entertaining thread right now on here and that's not saying much....
smh.gif

Ever since that post on the first page I'v been able to cut down my collection to 200ish? Something like that. I'v sold, lost, and given shoes sincethat time.....

Been wearing Jordans since I came out of the womb
laugh.gif
and even though JB disappoints most of the time, my heart will always be to the brand.

east99 wrote:

My pops and uncle are big fans of MJ and the Brand. They both collected in their days. When I was born that's what I wore. Not really a choice. Growing upI started watching MJ, I was young but I can still remember him. Went to a few of his final games with the Bulls then Wizards with my pops. I started toidolize him then really got into it with his shoes and when I was 9 I decided to get my hustle on and stop asking for things to get handed to me and I startedworking with my uncle at his shop. Whatever little money I got, I saved each year and my parents knew what I was going to buy come February of each year.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom