AZ in his prime> your favorite rapper of all time

3K is too busy on his vegan/spiritual non-sense these days. Dude even refuses to do concert with his old material. Sorry for you die-hard OutKast/3K dudes here. The last album you're getting from them will be Idlewild.
laugh.gif
Damn. Folks need to just quit bringing his name up in the discussions. He voluntarily ended his own run and hasn't done anything is revelance. (Dont count that garbage verse on the Dueces rmx)

^^^LOL, I forgot about Idlewild. I'm just glad I've always favored Big Boi over 3K, cause at least he has a good share of solo stuff, instead
of dropping out the sky 3 times a year on a unicorn dropping verses.

Deuces verse was turrrible, not even a stan but expected WAY more

I don't know... But since we're highlighting nice New York rappers from the '90s, I really think Cormega could stand toe-to-toe with AZ.  Maybe that's just me, though.

^^^Cormega's one of my faves. If he had more stuff out, I would probably have him in front of AZ.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by ninjahood

problem is that he's always associated with people that move in slow motion....

da times his career picked up was when he stepped up to da plate (sosa mixtape)

i remember when dipset wanted to sign him, back in da early 2000's, he should've took that deal like stack bundles did...you see how fast it propelled him to da

lime light?

That rumored deal was in like 2007 lol. Diplomats era was pretty much done by then.
it was da same year as ballin...it would've made a splash.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

^^^Cormega's one of my faves. If he had more stuff out, I would probably have him in front of AZ.

I could see why someone would say that but I disagree.

Poor mans Nas? Two different styles..

AZ from the Brook so if ANYBODY was biting someone Swag in the 90's it was Nas........Sorry I got love for the god but to call AZ a poor mans Nas shows your ignorance of rap......I know goons from QB who wouldn't allow themselves to say that......... It's a respect thing really...........

and YES as an ARTIST you need a full solo effort to show off your WORK, so You do need a classic album to even begin the discussion. NT is the only place I find cats swearing Andre 3000 is like the southern Rakim or something. Dude is heavily overrated......

Well of course Pharoahe is a better rapper, but where do you live that NT is the only place that "hypes up" AZ??? Most people would say AZ
is better based on his catalog, cause he has like 4-5 more albums more than Pharoahe. I just prefer AZ over him, and would seek his music
out faster than Pharoahe.

& people saying that 3k will nvr drop a solo or outkast wont drop another album yall wrong. I kno they will guaranteed.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Can't bare to listen to Pharoahe Monch, his lispy voice annoys me.

His voice is on point

AZ on the other pronounces his words funny at times

Originally Posted by krazy88s

3K is too busy on his vegan/spiritual non-sense these days. Dude even refuses to do concert with his old material. Sorry for you die-hard OutKast/3K dudes here. The last album you're getting from them will be Idlewild.
laugh.gif
Damn. Folks need to just quit bringing his name up in the discussions. He voluntarily ended his own run and hasn't done anything is revelance. (Dont count that garbage verse on the Dueces rmx)

Exactly what I was tellin' dudes.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Well of course Pharoahe is a better rapper, but where do you live that NT is the only place that "hypes up" AZ??? Most people would say AZ
is better based on his catalog, cause he has like 4-5 more albums more than Pharoahe. I just prefer AZ over him, and would seek his music
out faster than Pharoahe.

x2 on all that.

^ Right!!! Dude said Pharoahe is better than AZ........ hahahhahahahahaha NO! I like Pharoahe but they are not even in the same solar system. I'm not from N.Y. for those saying AZ is rated with N.Yers my boys that bang AZ heavily are not from N.Y. Cats in L.A. #@!% with AZ heavily, trust me.

Only dudes from NY like AZ?
laugh.gif

I'm from Cali, and he's top 5.

A few of my favorite AZ joints from the past few years:

Back
Top Bottom