B.I.G vs TUPAC

Ok so I know this topic will have controversy but while arguing with my girlfriend over this I couldn't leave it alone. I know both artist have theredifferences but were in the same era so this can be debated. In the end who was better.. your opinion..? Please include tracks, verses, albumsthat will support your opinion.

I choose my man BIG.. simple fact ..

"Heart throb, never, black and ugly as ever
However, i stay coogi down to the socks
Rings and watch filled with rocks
And my jam knock in the mitsubishi
Girls pee pee when they see me
Navajos creep me in they tee pee"

Damn man I mean Im always down for a good argument but this?(straight deja vu from 8 years ago) How old are you cuz word to everything Im too old for this.

They are both one of the greatest of all time when you weigh in every category. Who is better is personal preference. I listen to both n when it comes down toit depends on mood.

smokin.gif

u cant have 1 best because they are in different categories. i see pac as a lyricist/poet/writer and i see big just as a rapper.

^Now which is more powerful, a lyricist/poet/writer or a rapper? Exactly.

But they are probably the top of all time. I pick pac because of his versatility. For almost every great verse from big pac can match that. But the samecan't be said about big imo

^ in my opinion i say a lyricist that jus from my perception because i listen for lyrics more then anything. but to ask who is my fav. i would have to go wthpac because hes lyrics are always on point n he goes hard on a beat which makes a deadly combination. i dont kno i was never a big fan of big but i got respectfor him. thats just my 2 cents

Originally Posted by niCke1z

^ in my opinion i say a lyricist that jus from my perception because i listen for lyrics more then anything. but to ask who is my fav. i would have to go wth pac because hes lyrics are always on point n he goes hard on a beat which makes a deadly combination. i dont kno i was never a big fan of big but i got respect for him. thats just my 2 cents

Agree. Pac will always be my favorite because his lyrics were just so deep in my opinion. I ain't a big fan of BIG either except a few tracks butI'll respect him.

Yea I think anytime a guy like pac can say somin you going through or been through it makes you feel him and also you feel like he understands you and care.Pac=goat

I'm learning to not take most females opinions on music. They've been telling me illogical things, sometimes I don't think their ears can hear whatmine can

Damn man I mean Im always down for a good argument but this?(straight deja vu from 8 years ago) How old are you cuz word to everything Im too old for this.
Exactly.
However.............................
Yea I think anytime a guy like pac can say somin you going through or been through it makes you feel him and also you feel like he understands you and care. Pac=goat

So is a dude like mos def. Who gets little of the love Pac gets Because fans just love (yes ho mo, for the young one's) Pac's sensitive thug image. Bigwas an image too though, so I'm not picking sides. Both of them are far to celebrated IMO (flame on).
But let's be 100 fellas................ Both of them were not making the best music of their time. Early-Mid 90's had many, many albums that spoke tome way more than either of these dudes. Both on an emotional level & an emcee level.
Let the flames begin by those who worship at the shrines of Pac & Big.

pac. he had the charisma...you can feel the emotion in his songs. Big was the best rapper though...he could flow like no otha.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

B.I.G. = G.O.A.T.

Behind....

Rakim

Nas

KRS-One

Kool G. Rap

Big Daddy Kane

and a few others, He just didn't have another Material to be the greatest. He was a very good talent and I wish he didn't have 2 lose his life oversome nonsense. BTW he was better than Pac

Originally Posted by SoulOfKuribo

Nas better than B.I.G. lol. Ask Nas, even he knows he wasn't better than BIG.

Haha believe me Nas was better. Between 94-97 who had better albums? who had more hip hop [size=-1]Quotables?
[/size]

[size=-1]N-A-S[/size]

[size=-1]BIG was just more popular
[/size]

Name me a BIG Verse better than this

Through the lights cameras and action, glamour glitters and gold
I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe
When I'm deceased, by then the beast arise like yeast
to conquer peace leaving savages to roam in the streets
Live on the run, police paying me to give in my gun
Trick my Wisdom, with the system that imprisoned my son
Smoke a gold leaf I hold heat, nonchalantly
I'm grungy, but things I do is real it never haunts me
while, funny style n&%##^ roll in the pile
Rooster heads profile on a bus to Riker's Isle
Holdin weed inside they p##$* with they minds on the
pretty things in life, props is a true thug's wife
It's like a cycle, n##$@ come home, some'll go in
Do a bullet, come back, do the same s& again
From the womb to the tomb, presume the unpredictable
Guns salute life, rapidly, that's the ritual

Im not getting into this all that much but Victory verse is better than that^ hands down and Im a fan of both but thi whole comparison thing has gone a lil toofar. For ppl that stand firm on their opinions this aint gonna change nobodys especially with verses cuz what one may mean to you another may mean differently

smokin.gif

This again?

They were both great. They repped for both coast. They both came out with great music. Only reason why I pick pac is because I just felt him more then I feltbig. Nothing wrong with big at all I just liked pac better. For some folks it probably the other way around and there is nothing wrong with that. I just hatewhen people say stupid stuff like oh only females liked pac or if you like pac more you don't know music. That just plain stupid.

you cant compare the two they have diffrent styles they not the same n any way as far as rap goes

This is the kind of argument , that no matter what one person feels about either mc, you aint going to change their opinion. So why bother?

Unless you have an IBM 486, your ISP is Prodigy, and you clicked "post" back in '95 but it's just now goin' thru - there's NO excusefor makin' this thread.

Back
Top Bottom