'Baby Boxes' new drop off spots for unwanted babies. SMFH

WOODBURN, Ind. (AP) — A Safe Haven Baby Box where mothers can drop off unwanted newborns anonymously with emergency help moments away is now available in northeastern Indiana.

The padded, climate-controlled container was dedicated Tuesday at the Woodburn Volunteer Fire Department about 15 miles east of Fort Wayne near the Ohio state line. It’s on an exterior wall of the fire station.

The Knights of Columbus of Indiana will pay for the first 100 baby boxes, which cost $1,500 to $2,000 each, said Monica Kelsey, a volunteer with the fire department who has been advocating for baby boxes in Indiana for several years.
A second one was dedicated Thursday in Michigan City.

The boxes are equipped with a security system that notifies emergency personnel when a baby is dropped off. Emergency responders can get to the child within minutes.

All 50 states and the District of Columbia have safe haven laws, which allow unharmed newborns.

http://www.durhamlocalnews.com/first-baby-drop-off-box-for-unwanted-newborns-installed-in-indiana/79640

THIS WHERE WE AT NOW AS A SOCIETY?!?!

It's like returning a vhs in the old days.

laugh.gif

it better than abortion, imo. the best option tho is people exercising rationale and self control. but thats asking too much, so we have dropboxes for kids
That's my point though. We have Blockbuster drop offs for babies now because **** can't keep their legs closed and suckas too broke to buy condoms.
mad.gif
Children don't ask to be here.
mean.gif

Where's that cat who's had like 7 abortions to put his perspective on this [emoji]128064[/emoji]

I don't think this will solve the cause. I think teens are gonna be like "oops im pregnant, ima just drop it off after I give birth". this is gonna reduce the consequences. 

This is what happens when you have a **** economy. I make good money and avoid having kids like the plague; wrap up and pull out. Lil monsters expensive as hell.

Plus, this is better than them ending up in the dumpster. Will it inspire more people to dump babies when they're having second thoughts? Possibly. The good outweighs the bad in this case imo.

Last edited:
I don't think this will solve the cause. I think teens are gonna be like "oops im pregnant, ima just drop it off after I give birth". this is gonna reduce the consequences. 

Feel like there is abortion for that. If a person wants to get rid of their own flesh and blood. They will find a way. Better this than throwing the baby in a dumpster or some of the other grim stories. I'll agree that a baby box sounds like a ridiculous concept tho. However, this is made for females whom are most likely not of sane mind or environment.

Kind of crazy how out of 50 million perm cells, We were the chosen one to reach the egg.

Where we are now, as a society, is that teen pregnancies are at a historic low. Like, it's not even close. Increased education, shows like 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom, etc. have all contributed to a precipitous drop. But yeah, run with the idea that our society is falling apart. We've actually done a hell of a job lowering teen pregnancies.

That being said, you're never going to completely end unwanted pregnancies, so the more resources available to find good homes for unwanted babies, the better. I see nothing wrong with it. I'd rather have the baby dropped off and placed with couples who will likely provide a better life, instead of being raised in an unhealthy environment.

Kind of crazy how out of 50 million perm cells, We were the chosen one to reach the egg.

And that's approaching low sperm count. :lol:

An average human ejaculate contains about 180 million sperm (66 million/ml), but some ejaculates contain as many as 400 million sperm. Both quantity and quality of the sperm are important determinants of fertility

http://www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health-pictures/dr-laura-berman-male-ejaculation-facts.aspx

A fertile male human ejaculates between 2 and 5 mililiters(ml) of semen (on average about a teaspoon). In each ml there are normally about 100 million sperm. If the concentration falls below 20 million sperm per mililiter there is usually some trouble with fertility.

Animal
Average number of sperm per ejaculate (in millions)

Mouse 50
Rat 58
Guinea Pig 80
Rabbit 280
Man 280
Sheep 1000
Cow 3000
Pig 8000
http://www2.oakland.edu/biology/lindemann/spermfacts.htm

hasn't this alway been law, that you can leave a child at a hospital or fire station anonymously? teenagers even in some places

drive by a firestation in your neighborhood you'll probably see the safe haven sign out there

Last edited:
yea, around my way you've always been able to drop a kid off at the fire department.

My old man made me think that was what he was doing after I got suspended for fighting.

Where we are now, as a society, is that teen pregnancies are at a historic low. Like, it's not even close. Increased education, shows like 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom, etc. have all contributed to a precipitous drop. But yeah, run with the idea that our society is falling apart. We've actually done a hell of a job lowering teen pregnancies.

That being said, you're never going to completely end unwanted pregnancies, so the more resources available to find good homes for unwanted babies, the better. I see nothing wrong with it. I'd rather have the baby dropped off and placed with couples who will likely provide a better life, instead of being raised in an unhealthy environment.
It's not at a historic low.
eyes.gif
We are lower than 51% which it was in a 2006 study but it's still in the 40+ percentile. CNN did an article on it recently about how it's "Getting better but still high". I am all for not throwing babies in dumpsters I don't think that's a question for anyone and I don't just blame teens it's all ages. But having drop boxes is pretty damn weirdo to me. Take the child to a hospital at least. You had the courage to screw at least have the courage to take the baby to the hospital. Also here's that article from CNN...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/02/health/unintended-pregnancy-rate/

It's not at a historic low.:rolleyes We are lower than 51% which it was in a 2006 study but it's still in the 40+ percentile. CNN did an article on it recently about how it's "Getting better but still high". I am all for not throwing babies in dumpsters I don't think that's a question for anyone and I don't just blame teens it's all ages. But having drop boxes is pretty damn weirdo to me. Take the child to a hospital at least. You had the courage to screw at least have the courage to take the baby to the hospital. Also here's that article from CNN...
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/02/health/unintended-pregnancy-rate/

I was talking about TEEN pregnancies to show that it's not all doom and gloom. Here's a 2014 article that does a pretty good job breaking it down.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/04/29/why-is-the-teen-birth-rate-falling/

yea, around my way you've always been able to drop a kid off at the fire department.

My old man made me think that was what he was doing after I got suspended for fighting.
Yeah fire departments and some hospitals
Been like that for at least 15 years at least in Cali

Feel like there is abortion for that. If a person wants to get rid of their own flesh and blood. They will find a way. Better this than throwing the baby in a dumpster or some of the other grim stories. I'll agree that a baby box sounds like a ridiculous concept tho. However, this is made for females whom are most likely not of sane mind or environment.
No it isn't. Giving your baby up if you are unfit to raise it is the most sane decision she has made, in the last ~9 months or so. It's just to prevent the few who are too scared or ashamed to take it to a hospital/church/fire department from throwing it in the dumpster because they didn't want to look anyone in the face and tell them they can't take care of it/don't want to and potentially be questioned/judged over it. We had, like twice that I can remember, where a girl had a baby in the Wal Mart bathroom and threw it in the trash once and another they find in their just on the floor. You'd rather either of these ended up in these anonymous boxes than either of those circumstances

Back
Top Bottom