Bachelor Pad.

King size bed for me, ya'll ever have all that space so you end sleeping diagonally or horizontally or is it just me :lol:

King size bed for me, ya'll ever have all that space so you end sleeping diagonally or horizontally or is it just me
laugh.gif
Sleep however you want 
laugh.gif

Doesn't matter how you fall onto the bed 
pimp.gif

3 hours away in Nebraska. Sup fam.

Hopefully I can contribute once I graduate lol. Be on some younghollywood type steez.. Dude is living

What up man! Hopefully I will have time to put up some pics of my place this weekend and get some suggestions on improvements.

Thanks for the kind words. The building was built in 1911 and converted in 2008. It was game over the second I set foot inside and saw the 13" ceilings. There's something to be said about having over-height ceilings.. it just makes the space feel that much bigger and liveable. The unit doesn't check off all of the boxes for me, but it comes pretty close. I'm not a fan of the exposure, lack of light, lack of balcony, etc, but you could count the number of units downtown that have all of those features on 1 hand and they're all pushing $800k+.

I've lived in a condo for the past 3 years and I've managed to accumulate so much junk so I'm just happy to be able to get rid of everything and start fresh. I realistically need to make 3 major purchases and a couple of smaller ones - couch, bed, and coffee table being the major ones; bench and stools being the smaller ones. The theme I plan on going with is "less is more" and I just want to maintain a very minimalist vibe. I'll probably end up commissioning a custom coffee table (reclaimed wood) and bench. The couch is a total wildcard and for a bed, I am leaning towards a platform bed like the ones below:

Unless someone wants to lend me $7k for this:

This one is cool too but it's $3,500:

Like I said, fun but stressful...

The first one isn't my style, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. My favorite is the 4th one.

What city are you in flyknit? Awesome looking blank slate :pimp:

The third bed option is dope except for the extra part on the right nightstand that throws off the symmetry

Vancouver, BC.

I like these as well, especially the last one with the tree next to it. Awesome feng shui :smokin

Thanks for the kind words. The building was built in 1911 and converted in 2008. It was game over the second I set foot inside and saw the 13" ceilings. There's something to be said about having over-height ceilings.. it just makes the space feel that much bigger and liveable. The unit doesn't check off all of the boxes for me, but it comes pretty close. I'm not a fan of the exposure, lack of light, lack of balcony, etc, but you could count the number of units downtown that have all of those features on 1 hand and they're all pushing $800k+.

I've lived in a condo for the past 3 years and I've managed to accumulate so much junk so I'm just happy to be able to get rid of everything and start fresh. I realistically need to make 3 major purchases and a couple of smaller ones - couch, bed, and coffee table being the major ones; bench and stools being the smaller ones. The theme I plan on going with is "less is more" and I just want to maintain a very minimalist vibe. I'll probably end up commissioning a custom coffee table (reclaimed wood) and bench. The couch is a total wildcard and for a bed, I am leaning towards a platform bed like the ones below:

Unless someone wants to lend me $7k for this:

This one is cool too but it's $3,500:

Like I said, fun but stressful...
Who makes these beds?

Nice crib FLYKNITLVR,

What's your plans for the inside?

You'll have to post the progress pics :smokin

I'll definitely post progress pics. I don't take possession for another month or so but stay tuned.

My current plan is as follows...

Mount a TV between the two windows in the below with a full-motion mount. I currently have a 55" plasma but I'll probably downgrade to a 40" LED. I don't watch much TV and my current TV is OD big. The issue with mounting the TV there is 1) I don't want to drill into the brick, and 2) it will be tough to put an L-couch in that corner. Ultimately I may scrap this idea and mount it on the wall where that armoire currently is, but I need to measure that space first.

The kitchen cabinets are so OD as well so I might take apart the rightmost pantry and cabinet above, but I have to speak to a contractor about that first. This will clear up some extra space on that wall and then I can for sure mount the TV there. Regardless, I also want to add an LC4 chaise in that corner, parallel to the wall, as a "zen zone" where I can just read, nap, whatever. The idea sounds good in my head but I'm not sure how it will look/feel in actuality. We'll see...

2 stools for the island for sure - considering having them custom made with reclaimed wood and iron, but I have to price that out first. I spend 90% of my time at home sitting at my island so I need to make that space as comfortable as possible.

In this photo below, I'll be adding a bench below the frosted window. Just like the stools, I will commission someone to make me a custom bench (most likely a Nelson like the one pictured below). The door to the left of the window leads to a huge storage/den and I am debating leaving it as a storage or converting it into a walk-in closet like I have in my current place. The only difference between my place right now and this loft is the loft has 2x as much closet space so having a walk-in closet might be OD.

The empty space next to the bathroom is the bedroom area, and as per my posts above, I'll probably add a platform bed or something aesthetically striking since the bed is in plain view of anyone who comes inside. Adhering to my "less is more" theme, I don't want any side tables, lamps, or anything like that. If the platform bed comes with a built in side-table, cool, but I'm not adding any additional pieces.

I also have a ton of space against the wall below, and my original plan was to put my work desk against the wall on the far right, but I just leased office space a few blocks away and after working from home for the past 3 or 4 years, I think I finally want to keep my home my home and not a place of business. That said, a 27" iMac would look :smokin. What I end up doing with this wall (a high-top bar, dining table, office desk, etc) is the last on my list of things to do.

Beyond that, I just have to figure out what to put on the walls. And that's an entirely different set of headaches lol.

I'll definitely post progress pics. I don't take possession for another month or so but stay tuned.

My current plan is as follows...

Mount a TV between the two windows in the below with a full-motion mount. I currently have a 55" plasma but I'll probably downgrade to a 40" LED. I don't watch much TV and my current TV is OD big. The issue with mounting the TV there is 1) I don't want to drill into the brick, and 2) it will be tough to put an L-couch in that corner. Ultimately I may scrap this idea and mount it on the wall where that armoire currently is, but I need to measure that space first.

The kitchen cabinets are so OD as well so I might take apart the rightmost pantry and cabinet above, but I have to speak to a contractor about that first. This will clear up some extra space on that wall and then I can for sure mount the TV there. Regardless, I also want to add an LC4 chaise in that corner, parallel to the wall, as a "zen zone" where I can just read, nap, whatever. The idea sounds good in my head but I'm not sure how it will look/feel in actuality. We'll see...

2 stools for the island for sure - considering having them custom made with reclaimed wood and iron, but I have to price that out first. I spend 90% of my time at home sitting at my island so I need to make that space as comfortable as possible.

In this photo below, I'll be adding a bench below the frosted window. Just like the stools, I will commission someone to make me a custom bench (most likely a Nelson like the one pictured below). The door to the left of the window leads to a huge storage/den and I am debating leaving it as a storage or converting it into a walk-in closet like I have in my current place. The only difference between my place right now and this loft is the loft has 2x as much closet space so having a walk-in closet might be OD.

The empty space next to the bathroom is the bedroom area, and as per my posts above, I'll probably add a platform bed or something aesthetically striking since the bed is in plain view of anyone who comes inside. Adhering to my "less is more" theme, I don't want any side tables, lamps, or anything like that. If the platform bed comes with a built in side-table, cool, but I'm not adding any additional pieces.

I also have a ton of space against the wall below, and my original plan was to put my work desk against the wall on the far right, but I just leased office space a few blocks away and after working from home for the past 3 or 4 years, I think I finally want to keep my home my home and not a place of business. That said, a 27" iMac would look
smokin.gif
. What I end up doing with this wall (a high-top bar, dining table, office desk, etc) is the last on my list of things to do.

Beyond that, I just have to figure out what to put on the walls. And that's an entirely different set of headaches lol.
Whats sq footage of that space?

This is another one I looked at, but it was in a worse part of town, didn't come with parking, and was listed for $60k more...

How good are those roombas or robot vacuums in general ?
Idk bout any other robots but I got irobot roombas at both my houses and they always have my floors looking clean.  I still have maid service come but I cut down on how often they come now bc of these roombas, they don't replace the maid but they do handle some of their work.  I'd recommend

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom