Bad news for Mad Men fans

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Even more good news!

Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., which produces the hit television series "Mad Men," struck a deal with Netflix Inc. to stream all seven seasons of the critically acclaimed show about a 1960s advertising agency.

The deal is worth between $75 million and $100 million, people close to the situation said. That means Netflix is paying close to $1 million per episode of the series, which "Mad Men" creator Matthew Weiner said last week would run seven seasons. Each season has 13 episodes, which Lions Gate licenses to cable network AMC.

Great. Right after i spent all this money buying all 4 season dvds... 
eyes.gif

Even more good news!

Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., which produces the hit television series "Mad Men," struck a deal with Netflix Inc. to stream all seven seasons of the critically acclaimed show about a 1960s advertising agency.

The deal is worth between $75 million and $100 million, people close to the situation said. That means Netflix is paying close to $1 million per episode of the series, which "Mad Men" creator Matthew Weiner said last week would run seven seasons. Each season has 13 episodes, which Lions Gate licenses to cable network AMC.

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by hymen man

Weiner's a douche asking for that kind of money... whatever though, glad it got done.
Let's be completely honest, Mad Men is what allowed AMC to become what it is today. They weren't exactly getting high praise for their original programing when Remember WENN was on.
i'll start off by saying i love mad men.  what you said is very true, mad men put amc on the map as far as cable programming powerhouse with that one show.  i'm wondering how much the people behind breaking bad are making.  it seems to win as many, if not more awards than mad men.  the walking dead seemed to do way better ratings-wise than both of those shows according to numbers a few months ago.

Originally Posted by hymen man

Weiner's a douche asking for that kind of money... whatever though, glad it got done.
Let's be completely honest, Mad Men is what allowed AMC to become what it is today. They weren't exactly getting high praise for their original programing when Remember WENN was on.
i'll start off by saying i love mad men.  what you said is very true, mad men put amc on the map as far as cable programming powerhouse with that one show.  i'm wondering how much the people behind breaking bad are making.  it seems to win as many, if not more awards than mad men.  the walking dead seemed to do way better ratings-wise than both of those shows according to numbers a few months ago.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Even more good news!

eyes.gif

Shows dont stay on Netflix forever. I sort of like owning the series especially when it is something this good. Now I just have more options when I want to watch the show.

Even more good news!

eyes.gif

Shows dont stay on Netflix forever. I sort of like owning the series especially when it is something this good. Now I just have more options when I want to watch the show.

Originally Posted by ORSRT8

Even more good news!

eyes.gif

True. I love the show too, so i suppose in the long run its going to be nice to own. Im going to let friends borrow it too so itll be put to use.
Nike Jordan, yes the show really is that great. The 1st season starts off VERY slow compared to most television series. There are a lot of questions that you are going to have that wont be answered till the 2nd and 3rd seasons, but be patient and keep watching...you will be hooked by the 4th or 5th episode guaranteed. I just finished the 4th season and im 
eek.gif
 at how everything just tied in together from the very 1st episode until now. Its a very well written show, you just gotta pay attention...the dialogue is going to amaze you down the line.

Originally Posted by ORSRT8

Even more good news!

eyes.gif

True. I love the show too, so i suppose in the long run its going to be nice to own. Im going to let friends borrow it too so itll be put to use.
Nike Jordan, yes the show really is that great. The 1st season starts off VERY slow compared to most television series. There are a lot of questions that you are going to have that wont be answered till the 2nd and 3rd seasons, but be patient and keep watching...you will be hooked by the 4th or 5th episode guaranteed. I just finished the 4th season and im 
eek.gif
 at how everything just tied in together from the very 1st episode until now. Its a very well written show, you just gotta pay attention...the dialogue is going to amaze you down the line.

Back
Top Bottom