Bad Quality of XI & XII CDP

The xii in my pack seems great but i havent worn them since i have the 04 taxi lows in my rotation. As foe the xi ehhh. Once again though i havent worn them as i have the 02 retro in my rotation but i can say they look crappy compared even to the cg or anniversery xi.

U gotta deal be happy... If u r using these as beaters use the Xlls... The Xls are probably gonna kill your feet if you play in them... I cnt wear mine for more than a couple hours

U gotta deal be happy... If u r using these as beaters use the Xlls... The Xls are probably gonna kill your feet if you play in them... I cnt wear mine for more than a couple hours

Well, I think everyone agrees it is not a bad deal. However, I am worried that they wont hold up to play, and the 'cardboard' feeling people say. I really dont mind that the 23 wears off, or other minor cosmetic stuff, but I just want them to hold to my play.
If I wanted super comfortable shoes I would have gone with a much newer Nike model, but I like to play in classic Js. The question then is, should I just sell the CDP still DS, and find me some other shoes for play? I had some old XIII and those were great on the court. But I really don't want old shoes to play. Thanks for all your input guys.

Well, I think everyone agrees it is not a bad deal. However, I am worried that they wont hold up to play, and the 'cardboard' feeling people say. I really dont mind that the 23 wears off, or other minor cosmetic stuff, but I just want them to hold to my play.
If I wanted super comfortable shoes I would have gone with a much newer Nike model, but I like to play in classic Js. The question then is, should I just sell the CDP still DS, and find me some other shoes for play? I had some old XIII and those were great on the court. But I really don't want old shoes to play. Thanks for all your input guys.

I really wanted a pair of Breds because my SJs yellowed too much, and I hated the hassle with the seaglow. But then that means there really is no good option for Breds to PLAY.
Why did the brand become so bad in quality? My old XIII (OG) are still in ok shape after 14 years or so

I really wanted a pair of Breds because my SJs yellowed too much, and I hated the hassle with the seaglow. But then that means there really is no good option for Breds to PLAY.
Why did the brand become so bad in quality? My old XIII (OG) are still in ok shape after 14 years or so

What's wrong with a 8-9/10 or DS pair of '01's? No one is going to know the difference, and the bottom line is that on the XIs the quality of the 01 vs 09 CDP is night and day. A brand new pair of '01s will definitely hold up better than the '09s and be more comfortable. Seems like a no brainer if you really must play in a pair of BRed XIs.

What's wrong with a 8-9/10 or DS pair of '01's? No one is going to know the difference, and the bottom line is that on the XIs the quality of the 01 vs 09 CDP is night and day. A brand new pair of '01s will definitely hold up better than the '09s and be more comfortable. Seems like a no brainer if you really must play in a pair of BRed XIs.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

yep

Originally Posted by trappedintime

yep

The XI's are crap, they hurt my feet and just feel cheep. I have no problems with the XII's, they have decent quality IMO.

The XI's are crap, they hurt my feet and just feel cheep. I have no problems with the XII's, they have decent quality IMO.

Originally Posted by das9125

Hi guys,
Just a few days ago I bought a DS CDP XI & XII CDP from ebay which I still haven´t received.
Then I came to Nike Talk (should have done so before), and I have seen so many comments about the bad quality of the CDP shoes
frown.gif

What exactly is so bad about the quality of this pack?
embarassed.gif

I bought them to Play, not Collect or display.
Also what do you think of $450 for the DS pack?

Thanks 
tongue.gif

I got mine for $375 about 3 months after it released. One of the main complaints about the pack is that the 23 on the heel of the XIs tends to peel or flake off. If you put the shoe on or take it off, avoid touching the 23.

Originally Posted by das9125

Hi guys,
Just a few days ago I bought a DS CDP XI & XII CDP from ebay which I still haven´t received.
Then I came to Nike Talk (should have done so before), and I have seen so many comments about the bad quality of the CDP shoes
frown.gif

What exactly is so bad about the quality of this pack?
embarassed.gif

I bought them to Play, not Collect or display.
Also what do you think of $450 for the DS pack?

Thanks 
tongue.gif

I got mine for $375 about 3 months after it released. One of the main complaints about the pack is that the 23 on the heel of the XIs tends to peel or flake off. If you put the shoe on or take it off, avoid touching the 23.

Back
Top Bottom