Ball shoes for overpronators?

Yo

What are some good balling shoes for people with flat feet? When I wear most bball shoes it feels like I'm not really getting much arch support at all.

I also have small heels and ankles, causing heel slip.

It's not so bad that it requires orthotics, but it is kind of irritating.

Is there a shoe that covers all these bases? (Support for overpronation, strong heel retention)

If you can find a pair of Nike Huarache 2k5s or a pair of Nike Kobe 1s, that would be your best bet. I have flat feet and these are the two shoes that I use.The Lebron line of shoes (since I've read that he has flat feet too) is also an option unless weight is a consideration. Another option is New Balancesince they come in different widths. They're not the best looking but they do perform well.

for the person who answered kobes or 2k5's these shoes are NOT for the overpronator. the midsole is too flexible and cushioned.

this is the same question ive been trying to get answered. i think the best things you can do is either get some insoles for flatfeet such as superfeet blue.or get some insoles with support.. add it to some of the new balance basketball shoes because those are meant for midsole support.

i looked up motion control basketball shoes and the tmac6 kept coming up, however i dont know if those are really for overpronators

the reason the tmac 6 kept coming up is because of the gcs pods. those were supposed to help with overpronating or something like that. i read it on the adidaswebsite. so you could try any of the adidas bball shoes from last season because quite a few had the gcs pods.

if you read the product description for the reebok atr vertical 3, it says that the shoe has medial posting.

do not ever buy the huaraches, kobes, melos, lebrons or any basketball sneaker that does not have some sort of motion control device on the medial side of theshoe starting from the midfoot to the heel. most basketball shoes are built on a neutral gait and also for normal feet. if you overpronate, that means you havelow arch or flat feet where your arch flattens out on contact and therefore does not provide the support you need. your best solution would be to buybasketball shoes from a manufacturer that makes motion control running shoes and then see if they make basketball shoes. most likely those who make motioncontrol running shoes understand and have the capability to make a supportive basketball shoe on the underfoot area. examples are new balance, asics or adidas.i am sure there are more out there but i am cannot remember right now. good luck cause i am in the same situation as you. i wear new balance basketball shoesand they are comfortable.

do not get the huarache's. the huarache's are way too flexible by the area where your ankle sits. what you want is something with a really, reallystrong heel that will prevent your ankle bone to have the tendency to roll in -- since that's essentially how pronation starts. you also want a stiffmidsole to slow down the motion of your arch collapsing.

i overpronate and the kobe 1's would've been perfect if my foot was a bit wider. i have narrow heels and i do find some heel slippage when wearing theshoe, which doesn't prevent pronation that well. the midsole is perfect because the shoe is stiff as hell due to the carbon fibre midsole.. but it allstarts with the heel.

i'd suggest looking at the xx3's. fit me to a tee. the one thing i didn't like very much was the cushion, but at this point what you want to lookfor is something to limit your pronation. hope this helps.

did some research and ditto on the formotion shoes such as tmac 6, gil zero. others such as nb 8026, adidas a3 pro team 3, nike shox elite, nike shox lethal.all of these provide the motion control properties an overpronator needs.

by the way, another method i have been using is to buy any shoe you want and take the insoles out and put superfeet insoles or any other motion control insertyou can find. it is not as good as buying a stability or motion control basketball shoe but it is a good second option so you can wear your favorite kicks onthe court.

Back
Top Bottom