Bank teller's on NT? what's it like working as one?

always thought you have to have a degree to be one, dont know if true or not....

is the money good?

what does your job consist of exactly? any challenges?
nerd.gif

i know since it's a recession a +%*$@%*# of ppl apply for these positions day in and day out...and the teller's i do see when i walk into most banks, they be all women working there.

always thought you have to have a degree to be one, dont know if true or not....

is the money good?

what does your job consist of exactly? any challenges?
nerd.gif

i know since it's a recession a +%*$@%*# of ppl apply for these positions day in and day out...and the teller's i do see when i walk into most banks, they be all women working there.

Im a bank teller
laugh.gif
and Im a guy. As far as degrees goes, I got the job straight outta high school with just a diploma.

The money is alrite if you ask me, but varies from bank to bank. For example, I'm a teller at Bank of America & they started me at $10.85 (now making around $12). I know most banks use to give bonuses with each new account you got open, but BofA has since stopped doing this... hear Chase still does
30t6p3b.gif

No real challenges, you just have to be building real good rapport with your customers as well as offering the products and services the bank offers. ex. Higher interest checking/saving account, credit cards, CD's, online/text banking, & Business account... Somewhat like sales but than again not really.

Im a bank teller
laugh.gif
and Im a guy. As far as degrees goes, I got the job straight outta high school with just a diploma.

The money is alrite if you ask me, but varies from bank to bank. For example, I'm a teller at Bank of America & they started me at $10.85 (now making around $12). I know most banks use to give bonuses with each new account you got open, but BofA has since stopped doing this... hear Chase still does
30t6p3b.gif

No real challenges, you just have to be building real good rapport with your customers as well as offering the products and services the bank offers. ex. Higher interest checking/saving account, credit cards, CD's, online/text banking, & Business account... Somewhat like sales but than again not really.

Originally Posted by kidKiDd

Im a bank teller
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Tellers try to sell too? I assumed that was what the people at the desk do.
How are the customers? People are generally pretty pissy about their money and I don't think I can deal with a-holes all day.
Bofa does offer benefits for part timers though right?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by kidKiDd

Im a bank teller
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Tellers try to sell too? I assumed that was what the people at the desk do.
How are the customers? People are generally pretty pissy about their money and I don't think I can deal with a-holes all day.
Bofa does offer benefits for part timers though right?
nerd.gif

Interesting, kind of wondered if tellers were pulling in around 10 or 11 an hour, still not bad I guess.

Interesting, kind of wondered if tellers were pulling in around 10 or 11 an hour, still not bad I guess.

i swear everytime i go to my bank, i bank with chase, a customer is always arguing with a teller about overdrafting.

i could never be a bank teller for the simple reason that people are very uptight with their money yet their very stupid with their money. you overdraw 5 times and get hit with overdraft charges yet your berating me because you didn't bother to use online banking or make a ledger to keep track of your expenses and now your mad i won't magicly wave these overdraft fees.

in that sense i feel bad for bank tellers because i know they get alot of customers arguing with them over mistakes that are completely the customers fault.

i swear everytime i go to my bank, i bank with chase, a customer is always arguing with a teller about overdrafting.

i could never be a bank teller for the simple reason that people are very uptight with their money yet their very stupid with their money. you overdraw 5 times and get hit with overdraft charges yet your berating me because you didn't bother to use online banking or make a ledger to keep track of your expenses and now your mad i won't magicly wave these overdraft fees.

in that sense i feel bad for bank tellers because i know they get alot of customers arguing with them over mistakes that are completely the customers fault.

i used to work as a teller for washington mutual when i was in highschool (internship program).
duties consisted of withdrawals/deposits. loan payments. managing their accounts. try to sell bank products like new credit cards or new interest payments on CD's. etc. nothing TOO crazy.
it was chill for the most part but on certain days like the first of the month, the 15th, or fridays it would get pretty hectic. lines would be out the door after 5pm until close.
people are real pissy about their money and you do encounter at least a few !#!*@!++ each day.
also, you'd be surprised how stupid some people are. i constantly got asked if we carried anything higher than the $100 bill.
laugh.gif

i used to work as a teller for washington mutual when i was in highschool (internship program).
duties consisted of withdrawals/deposits. loan payments. managing their accounts. try to sell bank products like new credit cards or new interest payments on CD's. etc. nothing TOO crazy.
it was chill for the most part but on certain days like the first of the month, the 15th, or fridays it would get pretty hectic. lines would be out the door after 5pm until close.
people are real pissy about their money and you do encounter at least a few !#!*@!++ each day.
also, you'd be surprised how stupid some people are. i constantly got asked if we carried anything higher than the $100 bill.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

laugh.gif
internship program? that's only for a short time right? did they offer you a full-time job after your intership was over?

laugh.gif
internship program? that's only for a short time right? did they offer you a full-time job after your intership was over?

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

laugh.gif
yeah the internship program was for a year. once you complete the internship they offer you a full time gig. i didn't take it because i moved off for college. 

laugh.gif
yeah the internship program was for a year. once you complete the internship they offer you a full time gig. i didn't take it because i moved off for college. 

laugh.gif
ohhhh.

i couldn't work full time though, only part time...

laugh.gif
ohhhh.

i couldn't work full time though, only part time...

I was thinking about applying for a teller job next year. I'm currently working as a waiter at a restaurant and think I could handle when customers are pissy.

I was thinking about applying for a teller job next year. I'm currently working as a waiter at a restaurant and think I could handle when customers are pissy.

Originally Posted by dream5hift

lol my first job was at  grocery store, I had to deal with young folks around my age to the older people....I think i could do it also.

Back
Top Bottom