barcodes? this is odd +$!*.

awhile back, being tha aj5 is my fav +@*! next to 6's hands down, i got caught in my own hype and will not name the name of where i got these 2 raging bull packs on-line (very well known and respected 'legit' site), and another pack at foot locker. 2 i bought pre sale and waited for release date fromthe "legit-site", they look perfect and all and im up on my +@*!, but I was just playing w this "bar code app" on my droid, the bar codescanner recognized the FL barcode and described it as raging bull pack, but the 2 i bought from "legit site" didnt recognize the barcodes.... btwthey didnt have STORE STICKERS on top left

what you guys think the 2 w the bar codes unrecognized w out store stickers are fake???

+@*! is odd.

I don't think the barcode would be recognized if it never went out to stores guy. They gotta be in a store to have a recognizable barcode right?

No. UPC's stand for Universal Product Code. Any product coming straight from the manufacturer will have the same exact barcode no matter where it is sold.The only way it would be different is if the retailer changes the barcode and puts another (usually a sticker) over the OG barcode for their own inventorypurposes.

sounds mad iffy bro what is the "legit" site you got em from & some pics of all three boxes if you could......

That is pretty interesting but I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Maybe someone else can confirm this or shed some more light on it for me, but here issome info that might help - I think CDP's (and presumably DMP's) going to different retailers have different UPC's and different barcodes,particularly ones from Footlocker etc. and FinishLine. I once got a 1/22 CDP without a receipt as a gift, and tried to return it to Footlocker and Footaction.I told each store that it was purchased there, but neither would take it because the barcode didn't scan into their system. At FinishLine, however, thecode matched up nice.

The only explanation I can give for yours is something similar. I'm not sure how this online retailer got ahold of the pack - if it was meant to go to aretailer first, and if so, which retailer. Regardless, I'm not too familiar with the Droid's barcode scanner so I can't say if that is actuallyaccurate.

A barcode difference shouldn't determine if shoes are fake or not. Could be for inventory purposes, the Droid app mess up, whatever. Don't stress.

ahhh, the droid is fire, (never had iphone) always was down w verizon and blackberry. the droid kills blackberry....

back to the topic, I am confident in my ability to spot fakes but I am gonna post pics just not tonight. i will when I got time. I will notify yall

Back
Top Bottom