Baseball, Football,and Basketball. Athletic Ability

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by KrazyChino

Golfers are athletes?

Dudes like John Daly and Miguel Angel Jimenez chain smoke and YOLO on the alcohol like nothing...
laugh.gif

Vlade used to smoke cigs at half time. You can bring up any example like that for any sport.
He smoked on the court? News to me.
Might as well call darts, fishing, and other recreational activities "sports"....full of athletes.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Golfers are athletes?

Dudes like John Daly and Miguel Angel Jimenez chain smoke and YOLO on the alcohol like nothing...
laugh.gif

Vlade used to smoke cigs at half time. You can bring up any example like that for any sport.
He smoked on the court? News to me.
Might as well call darts, fishing, and other recreational activities "sports"....full of athletes.
didn't one of the cowboys superbowl teams play the game drunk and high from partying all night? just because you can play the game drunk or high doesn't take away from the fact that it may be an athletic sport.

and im not saying fishing and darts are necessarily sports, but football, basketball, hockey, baseball...all can be played under the influence of something.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

I guess anyone can be a QB.

You need to be smart and have the right skills/ability to be a QB. to answer your question "Everyone cant be a QB"

Just like everyone cant be a pitcher.

Golfers are athletes?

laugh.gif

Ricardo Mayorga used to smoke while he trained for fights.  Used to smoke during his morning runs.  The guy still tuned out a decent career.

Originally Posted by Rocky437

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by Rocky437
Go to sleep, dude.  You're just going by what you think it is that you see on TV. Football is 95% physical?  
laugh.gif
 Nah, man. 

umm yes.. I've played football competitively for 4 years, obviously you have not. 

4 years, huh?
laugh.gif
I played my WHOLE life up until I was 24. And if you really knew, then you'd understand how foolish that statement is.

Sorry, but the things we did in college and even moreso what they do in the Pro's is much more a thinking man's game then the 2 back through the 4 hole "zones" you did in high school.
laugh.gif

Football is damn physical, but there's a huugggee mental aspect to it. Especially on the offensive side.

Originally Posted by do work son

i think people get offended when others say baseball doesn't take as much athletic ability because it sounds bad. when i think of athleticism, i think of raw speed, strength, power etc.

IMO, you can take a great athlete and make him a football player, maybe even a basketball player, but you can't make him a baseball player. baseball might not REQUIRE the most athletic ability, but it does require the most SKILL which i think is more important. how skilled are offensive lineman? you push the guy in front of you out of your way, or you don't let him get by you. doesn't sound like you need a lot of skill, just need to be big. in baseball, you can't just be big and succeed. you can't just be fast and succeed. you have to have the necessary skills to compete at a high level. (not saying o-lineman aren't skilled, just saying they arent as skilled as a 1st baseman for instance)
Edit: oh, and baseball players require tremendous endurance to play a full season. but your body enduring a full season is just a skill, right? 
grin.gif

i beg to differ bruh, basketball showcases more skills than any other sport

O-lineman in the NFL NEED to have great technique (an acquired skill) to be able to bully around or stay in front of, the uber-athlete defensive lineman type.

Those O-lineman with great athletic ability relative to their size, must develop this technique in order to have a successful career. It's definitely not as simple as saying they just need to be big in order to stay in front of the d-lineman. Footwork, leverage, and anticipation are huge. Doesn't compare to a first baseman imo...Learn how to scoop a ball from the dirt and you're good. Some of the slowest, flat-footed ball players find homes at 1st base because they don't have the required skill to play elswhere.

Back
Top Bottom