Basketball heads I need some tips/help

Yeah nice tip on backboards. I've been working on my backboard angles everyday. If you ever master the angles your percentage of scoring in the mid range - In the pain by alot

I never played the short-man game, but I have a friend who's probably same height as you, maybe a little shorter, the guy gets to the basket with ease, and always finishes. You really just have to utilize your speed. I've been playing with him for years, and he always gets me.

You're going to get blocked if you're short, it'll just happen, guys will have longer arms than you and you'll get rejected, but just have to practice kissing it off the glass, and fooling defenders to leave their feet.

If you're fast enough, you can live off that, but you'll have to learn to be crafty if you aren't super-fast.

I never played the short-man game, but I have a friend who's probably same height as you, maybe a little shorter, the guy gets to the basket with ease, and always finishes. You really just have to utilize your speed. I've been playing with him for years, and he always gets me.

You're going to get blocked if you're short, it'll just happen, guys will have longer arms than you and you'll get rejected, but just have to practice kissing it off the glass, and fooling defenders to leave their feet.

If you're fast enough, you can live off that, but you'll have to learn to be crafty if you aren't super-fast.

Originally Posted by toast1985

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

learn how to use your body to create space when you go up. if you jump straight up you almost hand the ball to the center on a sliver platter. but if you can learn to use your body as space, there will be room to get the shot of.

Came to post this. I'm 5'9", and I usually dip my shoulder to create space. Its also important to understand backboard angels, and timing...Something I'm still working on in my game.
This.  I'm short but I feel like Lamar Odom sometimes, everyone knows I'm going left almost every time but I can pretty much always get a shot off. I'm not super fast or anything either. If there's nothing there or they stay blocking your shots, drop it off when help comes.

Originally Posted by toast1985

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

learn how to use your body to create space when you go up. if you jump straight up you almost hand the ball to the center on a sliver platter. but if you can learn to use your body as space, there will be room to get the shot of.

Came to post this. I'm 5'9", and I usually dip my shoulder to create space. Its also important to understand backboard angels, and timing...Something I'm still working on in my game.
This.  I'm short but I feel like Lamar Odom sometimes, everyone knows I'm going left almost every time but I can pretty much always get a shot off. I'm not super fast or anything either. If there's nothing there or they stay blocking your shots, drop it off when help comes.

Originally Posted by TylerTrent

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

dont be scured go to the rack take a hit and finish.

liteeeee

this.
came in here to say the same thing. U either gon score or not. U can also use ur speed and pump fake and then take it up or actually pass it. Make the defender second guess about committin to tryna block/foul u

Originally Posted by TylerTrent

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

dont be scured go to the rack take a hit and finish.

liteeeee

this.
came in here to say the same thing. U either gon score or not. U can also use ur speed and pump fake and then take it up or actually pass it. Make the defender second guess about committin to tryna block/foul u

Great info & tips fellow Nt'ers
pimp.gif

Been watching videos of Stephen Curry because he drives similar to how I drive & he's almost unstoppable once he reaches the paint

Great info & tips fellow Nt'ers
pimp.gif

Been watching videos of Stephen Curry because he drives similar to how I drive & he's almost unstoppable once he reaches the paint

That vid may help on confusing your defender

and a move that alot of ppl do, but works alot is the in and out.

That vid may help on confusing your defender

and a move that alot of ppl do, but works alot is the in and out.

I do the up and under....Big men in the paint, all they wanna do is block the shot...So they just jump with their hands up.

The up and under layup is money 85% of the time for me...im 5'10

I do the up and under....Big men in the paint, all they wanna do is block the shot...So they just jump with their hands up.

The up and under layup is money 85% of the time for me...im 5'10

^ Thats exactly what I was going to ask about. That move Rose does better than maybe anyone in the league. My hangtime allows me to do it on regular basis but I always want to improve my jump

Btw, I love using that jab step especially if you have beat you guy a couple times and he commits to one side.

^ Thats exactly what I was going to ask about. That move Rose does better than maybe anyone in the league. My hangtime allows me to do it on regular basis but I always want to improve my jump

Btw, I love using that jab step especially if you have beat you guy a couple times and he commits to one side.

i dunno bout you but im 5'9 and everytime i drive it to the hole i respond to how the defense plays me.......i have a money floater so im never scared to go in and i always try to find the seams

i advise you to study how ginobili gets to the rack........lotta euro steps, ball fakes, pump fakes, finding angles etc...

i dunno bout you but im 5'9 and everytime i drive it to the hole i respond to how the defense plays me.......i have a money floater so im never scared to go in and i always try to find the seams

i advise you to study how ginobili gets to the rack........lotta euro steps, ball fakes, pump fakes, finding angles etc...

i would say use your body to protect the ball when youre finishing at the rim
and also use the entire backboard to make layups
put spin on the ball and use the whole backboard with different angles so you can finish from all angles and avoid getting blocked

i would say use your body to protect the ball when youre finishing at the rim
and also use the entire backboard to make layups
put spin on the ball and use the whole backboard with different angles so you can finish from all angles and avoid getting blocked

Back
Top Bottom