Bastard's of NT: From a scale 1-10, How much did not having your pops around affect you?

prolly a 3 for me....just wished somebody couldve put me on to the game and life in general (cars, women, etc)

sometimes i wonder what i did to dude that made him not come around
30t6p3b.gif

discuss

Not having my dad around and only seeing him on the weekends I used to think was a detriment but now that I see how he's handling taking care of my little brother I gotta rate him a 1 or a 2.

Dude has his ways and his childhood was not the best so I understand that his viewpoint on how he should raise his kids might not be the most liked way of handling things, but in his head he thinks it's the best plan.

He tried though, but I think being a well-rounded dad wasn't his thing.

My lil bro would think i'm still being too sensitive to his case...

10 No doubt in my mind I would be a completely different person with a father figure in my life. You may not think so but that influence of an extra person since birth has huge impact on your life, you would be getting behavioral traits/information/love/etc. from an extra human being and forming your personality from 2 people instead of 1. That's in my case though because my mom stayed single most of my life.

one thing i have noticed is our generation growing up without dads has made us better fathers and the new generation is coming up better so hopefully the cycle continues .

pimp.gif
to all of u handling your business

today 0... tomorrow maybe 10... it depends... met dude when i was 20... had a weird lack of all feelings... i have no clue how life would end up if he was there... if you change one thing everything else changes... not that i blamed dude for anything, all my mother's faults and issues...

I rate it at about an 8. As of recently he has been reaching out to me more but he is following the same path with his younger children.

Originally Posted by onewearz

one thing i have noticed is our generation growing up without dads has made us better fathers and the new generation is coming up better so hopefully the cycle continues .

pimp.gif
By "us" do you mean Baby Boomers? And by "new generation" do you mean my generation of 25-30 year old's?

My Dads making an effort to make himself visible in my life... A little late as I'm 26 now and he cheated on my Mom when I was like 2 or 3 and she divorced him...

I haven't felt like I've really needed him... There's been 2-3 other male influences in my life that I have felt closer to than my real dad... Ill never do to my kids and wife what he did to me and my mom though.

My rating - 3

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

pimp.gif
By "us" do you mean Baby Boomers? And by "new generation" do you mean my generation of 25-30 year old's?

funny guy
laugh.gif

70's and 80's babies and i guess u 90's babies too .........

dam i really gettin old
30t6p3b.gif

1. I learned about life, played sports and graduated from college with little to no affect on me. i been the man of the house since 93. it motivated me to be a better man than him.

I didnt have a father around but I moved wit my uncle..

If i didn't have a male figure I would say a 10.. He taught me everything I know, He taught me how to get respect, He taught me how to be a man..

Even though hes addict I'd kill anyone for him, I love dat N..

10 would be a different person lived a different life is he was around, but F dude on the real! My mom did an amazing job raising me on her own into the man I am now, especially being older know and really being able to see/understand all she had to endure by herself.

I'm cool with dude & talk on fb occasionally. I blame him for many of the problems I have & for the good father I will be some day.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

pimp.gif

funny guy
laugh.gif

70's and 80's babies and i guess u 90's babies too .........

dam i really gettin old
30t6p3b.gif

Man I'm and 80's baby... 26... don't offend me with that 90's baby stuff.
laugh.gif
Those dudes are eff'ed
laugh.gif

Oh and inb4 Fresh Prince clip.

I'd say an 8. I guess you can say I idolized him until he died from cancer when I was 10. I started getting into video games heavy around this time too. There's no doubt in my mind I would've been a lot better off with him in every aspect of my life(money, women, car maintenance,confidence).
There's no point in dwelling on the past though.

1 my mom did a really good job raising me.......and i keep in touch with my half brother and sister on facebook, both of them hate him ane one moved out at 15......so im kinda thankful he wasent there

This thread is a bit depressing, but inspiring at the same time (if that makes sense).
My dad wasn't around during my important formative years (from ages 7-10).  I know that it has negatively impacted my view of authority figures.  He came back on the scene when I was in 4th grade acting like nothing happened.  I was like
grin.gif
 but as a 10-year old, what can you do?  We have always got along I guess, but we are not close at all.  no real feeling felt for the man.  

Now that i'm a father, I always make sure I spend as much time as I can with my son.  I can already see the benefits.

*That was the realest moment ever on fresh prince.

embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

today 0... tomorrow maybe 10... it depends... met dude when i was 20... had a weird lack of all feelings... i have no clue how life would end up if he was there... if you change one thing everything else changes... not that i blamed dude for anything, all my mother's faults and issues...
True. It almost reminds me of that movie The Butterfly Effect the way you put it.

What age would you guys say you could have used a father most?

0-5? 5-10? 10-15?

I ask because my dad died when I was 15. I'm EXTREMELY grateful for everything he taught me both directly and indirectly growing up, he truly was an amazing man.

However sometimes I think about how much guidance I could have used in my teenage years and even now as a young adult and how much more he would have continued to teach me.

i'll prolly say 13+ when you start turning into a man and things really start to come in full circle

I would say about a 5 or 6. My moms did an outstanding job raising me but I can't help but things would be different if my dad was around more than he is. 1 or 2 times every year or so doesnt make you a &*^@*%n dad
30t6p3b.gif

/rant

Back
Top Bottom