Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

Originally Posted by Sneaky

But for BFBC:2 do any of you guys get the "Failed to connect to EA online" error message when trying to play? I just got it today while trying to play and don't know how to fix it.
Yeah. I've gotten it multiple times on PS3. Most probably has something to do with a slow Internet connection. But it connects after several persistent tries..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Too many games at the end of the year: this, GOW3, 2K12, Arkham City, WWE 12, etc. Wallets going to be HURTING.

I'm pretty much done with COD after the abomination that was Black Ops. More people getting this for PS3 or 360?
From the "NT Clan" list that December put up... looks like most will be on the 360. Darn that mass exodus because of the PS3 outage.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

sladewilson wrote:
anyone wanna build a powerful PC for 229.99 ?
[table][tr][td]1x[/td][td]Rosewill R101-P-BK-450W MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case, come with 1x 120mm Fan, 450W Power Supply (Model:R101-P-BK-450W) 

[/td][td]$54.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]1x[/td][td]MSI H61M-P21 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard (Model:H61M-P21 (B3)) 

[/td][td]$59.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]1x[/td][td]Intel Pentium G620 Sandy Bridge 2.6GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80623G620 (Model:BX80623G620) 

[/td][td]$77.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]1x[/td][td]G.SKILL Value 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9S-4GBNT (Model:F3-10666CL9S-4GBNT) 

[/td][td]$24.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]1x[/td][td]Seagate Barracuda Green ST1000DL002 1TB 5900 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Bare Drive -Bare Drive (Model:ST1000DL002) 

[/td][td]$54.99[/td][/tr][/table]

combined Total:$272.95Combo Discounts:-$42.96Combo Price:$229.99

No GPU, though?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Too many games at the end of the year: this, GOW3, 2K12, Arkham City, WWE 12, etc. Wallets going to be HURTING.

I'm pretty much done with COD after the abomination that was Black Ops. More people getting this for PS3 or 360?
From the "NT Clan" list that December put up... looks like most will be on the 360. Darn that mass exodus because of the PS3 outage.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

sladewilson wrote:
anyone wanna build a powerful PC for 229.99 ?
[table][tr][td]1x[/td][td]Rosewill R101-P-BK-450W MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case, come with 1x 120mm Fan, 450W Power Supply (Model:R101-P-BK-450W) 

[/td][td]$54.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]1x[/td][td]MSI H61M-P21 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard (Model:H61M-P21 (B3)) 

[/td][td]$59.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]1x[/td][td]Intel Pentium G620 Sandy Bridge 2.6GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80623G620 (Model:BX80623G620) 

[/td][td]$77.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]1x[/td][td]G.SKILL Value 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9S-4GBNT (Model:F3-10666CL9S-4GBNT) 

[/td][td]$24.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]1x[/td][td]Seagate Barracuda Green ST1000DL002 1TB 5900 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Bare Drive -Bare Drive (Model:ST1000DL002) 

[/td][td]$54.99[/td][/tr][/table]

combined Total:$272.95Combo Discounts:-$42.96Combo Price:$229.99
No GPU, though?
nerd.gif

buy a GPU an bigger PSU an maybe more memory 

^ yup. But that is a good setup for the price. Anyway, I'm building my rig tomorrow. Spent the money I was supposed to use to buy an 11" 2011 MBA to get most of the good stuff.
laugh.gif

Anyway, dropped by my local video game store and they were playing the 12 minute trailer for BF3 in HD. Damn, I now get why dudes are freaking out with the graphics. Looks so damn realistic! YouTube definitely makes HD videos look like doo doo.
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
Hopefully my GTX 560 Ti is good enough to fire this baby up.

More PS3 - Off Screen videos (More Turd Quality)
eyes.gif
-TGS- Operation Guillotine -

PS3 still looks good from videos. Even tough its +%$% quality

The OFFICIAL Operation Guillotine (Part 1) should be up SOON...�

YESSSSSS!!!!! FINALLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
I saw "Xbox 360 Gameplay" And immediately

Its looks AWESOME FOR CONSOLE MAN! I couldnt be happier 
pimp.gif

PC guys, you BEEN knowing how pretty BF3 will look.. Let us get ours now 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

lil-b-based-god-o.gif

damn, that still looks nice on console.

anyway, so much for my plan of changing my BF3 Limited Edition preorder from PS3 to PC and just getting the regular PS3 version on RD. they wouldn't let me. So I just preordered both PC and PS3. Gonna get 2 small #$%# shirts now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jae oh en

man that looks amazing.
                                                                           PS3
no complaints from me. i'll be happy with the 360 version.
laugh.gif
happy.gif

the slow breach
laugh.gif
the shotgun wasn't even pointing straight when he hit him 
roll.gif

lighting and effects on PC
pimp.gif
. the characters faces bother me they look like a ghost walked by

Info from GameFest via EAuk Memeber - Seems pretty legit
Just got back from Birmingham Gamefest at the NEC, we got to play PS3 open beta. The DICE PR guy gave us a bit of info on the BETA release. His exact words were 'Corporations got hold of the BETA on Thursday, and we've got it here especially so it was available for you guys today. It's not going live to the public for another week' so you can expect your beta key/a solid date in the next 7 days.

The PS3 beta was like PC alpha but with no AA, other than that, the graphics quality was pretty much identical to the PC version. The main difference I noticed between the two was weird ammo icons that appeared above friendly players heads that were in close proximity. If they are very close, the ammo icon will extend into the full player name. I didn't like that at all. One bug from alpha remained that I noticed, which was players running around with nothing but a floating clip and the gun model not showing. The game pads were set to maximum sensitivity for aiming, and that was difficult for me to use.

As for the NDA that lee was talking about, but in our brief we got told specifically to talk about Battlefield 3, and did not have to agree to any NDA. My girlfriend was with me, and he PS3 failed to load the game, so a tech gur rebooted it, and when she loaded the game up it clearly said BATTLEFIELD_3_OPEN_BETA as the game title, and as far as I'm aware, there are no NDA's for open beta.

Also, we got a look at the main menu which we didn't get to see in PC alpha due to origin just bumping us into the game. There were the general options you'd expect, campaign, multiplay, options and I think credits was there, nothing to phone home about. The background was the standard battlefield 3 guy.

The game played well, they had a few changes to the standard PS3 controls, holding down left analouge stick was run, pressing right analouge went to crouch and holding it fown was prone, left trigger was grenade, right trigger was melee, right button was shoot and left button was scope view. The rest was as you'd expect.

I got a few kills including a knife kill so I was happy, seeing as I don't play shooters on consoles much. I checked to see if they have implimented destruction fully yet and they hadnt' Shooting walls and statues did nothing.

And it was metro we played, same as alpha. Played MW3 while I was at gamefest as well, and battlefield blew it out of the water. I have a couple of CoD fanboys as mates, and we all went in together, and one of them said 'DICE have really uped their game! As soon as spawned I realised it was so, SO good! The sound was amazing, I'm definatlly buying it! I'm not even sure if I'm going to bother with modern warfare 3 now.'

We played Spec ops game mode for MW3, and it was identical to MW2 with a few extra guns. The player models had been redone, but as far as game engine and gameplay went, it was just MW2 re-released. We watched one of the activision team play a single player mission on a big screen while we were in the queue, and the AI were more interested in shotting his unkillable AI team mates and only about 3 AI soldiers shot at the player. Captain prices voice over had just been lifted from MW2 and not even re-recorded with different dialouge, it was the same lines of text in a different order. Bad times for activision this year, BF3 is going to wipe the floor.

As for those of yo usaying 'Prove it' we were told not to take any photos or videos in the booth, but I do have a picture of a BF3 poster we were given.

Also one last heads up, Single player and co-op is confirmed as available in open beta. 8 people in the group next to us were playing that, but I couldn't tell what map it was or what was going on. The rep guy also said you can counter knife attacks now too, you get a split second to hit melee when being stabbed, and you can counter it and stab them instead. Genius!

Like many people have said .. EXPECT THE "Closed" Beta on Sept 27th & The Open Beta the 29th..

But what made me 
eek.gif
 If the PS3 really looks like the PC Alpha! 
nerd.gif

PS3 looking like the PC
laugh.gif

I can't even play games on my console anymore b.. I'm definitely getting rid of my 360 for good now
30t6p3b.gif
I haven't even turned it on, just collecting dust might as well sell this #*!@ and get another 570 for kicks
laugh.gif

The Alpha was in low settings though. Believe it or not. It had low res on textures. According to the dudes who were in the alpha ... And it still was 
eek.gif

Since then people said that the PC looks even better than the Alpha leak vids.

So i would not doubt it .. Especially for the PS3. Plus dude played the game & was in the Alpha who posted the info... This is from another guy in the thread 

Word to.. 

I was at GAMEfest yesterday and was also told the same thing when i questioned the rep, The ps3 version of the beta i played was Rush on operation metro, having played the pc alpha i was pleased to get a chance to play the ps3 version to compare. It was nice to see some of the feedback from the alpha put into place, obviously due to the nda i wont disclose details. Suffice to say that i was impressed by the ps3 version it held its own very well in my opinion. It clearly stated in the top right that it was beta however this is not to say metro will be the beta map that remains unconfirmed!

If by held its own, meaning Low Settings on the PC like the ALPHA like the first dude said or even a little less than the Alpha .. ++*@!$
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Back
Top Bottom