Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i think after awhile, you tend to forget about the borders
I hope so. Multiple monitor setups would be nice in racing games and flight sims.
smokin.gif

Hopefully this would eventually be cheaper in the future. Can't really see myself getting three separate monitors.
nec-crv43-curved-display.jpg

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

I hope so. Multiple monitor setups would be nice in racing games and flight sims.
smokin.gif

Hopefully this would eventually be cheaper in the future. Can't really see myself getting three separate monitors.
I have monitors with thin bezels so I don't notice the borders at all.  Kind of just see past them like a football player looking through his face mask.  I can guarantee that 3 monitors are cheaper than that beastly wide screen you posted.   That thing is nice though.  I wonder what the resolution is on that.

Back on topic though, I've been getting disconnected from quite a few games and sometimes when I finish a game, it crashes at the summary screen.  Sometimes it saves my stats and sometimes it doesn't.  Really frustrating.

Im having fun so far although i was lightweight pissed because i played about 3 games and 2 of those games we got disconnected from and i lost all my progress/experience i earned in those games

Campaign is pretty awesome. It plays great, even though there is a few hiccups in gameplay. Graphics are in many areas on par with Killzone 2, and in others no better than Modern Warfare 2. That's not a bad thing, since MW2 is one good looking game, for a 2009 title though. It's really hit and miss, but more hit though. Game is still not touching Uncharted 3 or Gran Turismo 5. I'm not feeling the interrogation a la Black Ops mission in and out though, just seems like your doing mission for Blackburn memory purpose, meh.

The game sounds PHENOMENAL! Bad Company 2 was the best sounding FPS/Action game and this completely destroys it. I really wish IW/SHG could take a chapter from DICE in the sound department, because bullet buzzing by, gun shots ringing, grenades exploding, missiles flying through the air, nothing sounds as good. I haven't even put on my surround sound or even changed to War Tapes yet
eek.gif

Multiplayer graphics are MUCH improved from the beta. Players models look exceptionally better, and they fixed the 1-2 shot kill, it takes 3-5 now, thank god. I don't know about yall, but the beta felt like hardcore how you could drop with 1 shot. The servers suck though, but that's to be expected since they're are being killed by waves upon waves of users. I keep getting kicked while in the middle of a game, smh. The maps are like Battlefield fashion, huge. No compact maps here, you could run around to you heart desires, lol.

* A few things I notice, the audio/voice sync is completely off in the beginning of the interrogation.
* I wish they would tag the names of the solider who are talking in the game. Unless you're looking at the character or know there voice, you don't know who's talking.
* You can tell where the shorten the PS3 Iranian level (graphics/lighting/building models etc.)compare to the PC footage that surfaced right around E3.
* DICE has always had issues with player faces IMO, they seem to still have them as the models don't look that great, almost too videogame like.

Overall, I'm impressed. Still need to put more time into it though.

Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

smokin.gif

I have monitors with thin bezels so I don't notice the borders at all.  Kind of just see past them like a football player looking through his face mask.  I can guarantee that 3 monitors are cheaper than that beastly wide screen you posted.   That thing is nice though.  I wonder what the resolution is on that.

Back on topic though, I've been getting disconnected from quite a few games and sometimes when I finish a game, it crashes at the summary screen.  Sometimes it saves my stats and sometimes it doesn't.  Really frustrating.
2880 x 900
http://www.crvd.com/overview.php?c=1
$6,500
sick.gif

Got the game. For the longest I told everyone I wouldn't buy Battlefield and was COD all the way. I caved like 2 weeks ago after seeing a trailer, only 15 mins into single player but this game is
eek.gif

The story will probably be better on COD, but the graphics are
eek.gif
and the gameplay is pretty good. Can't wait to hop into MP.

sick.gif
Slicknick951 wrote:

my review for what its worth
I play call of duty but am more of a rainbow six player more goal objective game types. So in call of duty i play domination, demolition, things of that nature. I try to stay away from TDM

I only played for about 2 1/2 hrs and only played rush because that was what i was used to from the beta and i wanna get a feel for the game before playing the other types.
-Did decent when i had a good team my best kd was 29-and 6 i think
-Not too many people in my squads had mics or just wernt talking very lonely
-The tanks and planes can be a bit much sometimes but i can get used to them
- Maps are really big which is cool just make sure you get a car or something cause its some long walks lol
-The bases are in pretty even spots easy to attack easy to defend  
Im gonna play somemore after work today i might try conquest depending on how i do tonight

xbox gamertag is slicknick951

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Originally Posted by RocSole

are dudes purchasing the multiplayer pass or what 
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

whats that?
somewhere i read online about the multiplayer mode 
$#!@ I just want to kill my friends in person not this extra $#!@ they got going 
the pass comes with the game

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by RocSole

whats that?
somewhere i read online about the multiplayer mode 
$#!@ I just want to kill my friends in person not this extra $#!@ they got going 
the pass comes with the game
yeah I got that but what I want to know is after I set it up would I still need to be online t play multiplayer 
oh and excuse me for being lost 
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

So, SP is something SERIOUS. It feels so real....The sound effects are AMAZING!
eek.gif

I don't think I'm touching MP until I finish SP....I'll def. play if NT'ers are running squads though.
Also, HARD mode is brutal. Two shots & it's a done deal. I'm going to beat it on that mode though! I'm going in!
pimp.gif

I'm on the part where you have to go on the top of the stairs to grab the LMG. The !@#@+$$ enemies are gunning for me hard, so I can't even grab the gun!
30t6p3b.gif

PO

Picked up the game today and am trying to get through half of this take-home midterm before I play. I'm running off of 3 hours of sleep due to editing a rough draft of my thesis. Ahhhhh. Can't wait.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Lol, I have no idea what that means... 
laugh.gif

I guess you didn't pick-up on my reply... 
tongue.gif

中國人 = Chinese 
wink.gif

oh, I asked where you live. That 2nd character is different in Japanese but also very close. I was thinking you were Chinese but not sure.

Anyways 
roll.gif
laugh.gif

didn't know Yuku can post Chinese characters. Cool. I thought you can only type in pinyin: zhong guo ren (without the intonation even).
laugh.gif
 Yeah... I assumed that all the current OS's would be able to display Chinese characters... you guys were able to see it, right?
But Lurkin.... 
laugh.gif
... I live in HK.  My very limited Japanese allowed me to understand your first post, but not the second. 
tongue.gif

EDIT ~ Anyway, played around 4 hrs yesterday, but probably only about 1/3-1/2 way through the campaign. 
embarassed.gif
  I like to take my time... check out the environments as I go through the game... 

this game is not fun. you run around forever then get shot from somewhere you have no idea where. I hate this game.

Back
Top Bottom