Be Careful Out There Yall

just read this on WTOP, kind of scary stuff, everyone be careful out there with what you do.

WASHINGTON - A sweeping new report of HIV/AIDS numbers in D.C. from 2001 to 2006 offers new statistics on what officials call a "modern epidemic," with one in 20 district residents being infected with HIV and one in 50 having the advanced form of the infection, AIDS.
The report says that since 2001, 80 percent of infections they identified were in black men, women and adolescents. Of the infected women, nine out of 10 were African-American.

The 120-page report to be released Monday is the first statistical snapshot offered on HIV in the District. Experts say it shows how the condition that was once considered a gay disease has moved into the general population.

Shannon Hader, head of the District's HIV/AIDS Administration, says the report "blows the stereotype out of the water."

According to the report, 25 years after the disease was first identified, the city's total number of AIDS cases is more than 17,400.

Mayor Adrian Fenty is scheduled to make remarks about the report later this morning.

http://wtop.com/?nid=596&sid=1298455

^me being young, thoughts of stepping out the game are frequent then ever...
frown.gif

read it, and its sad. I just pray.

Honestly,

I was expecting the ratio reported to be a little smaller.

Be safe out there.

[Mike Epps]
"Everybody is a suspect today...."
[/"Friday after Next]

Rudo could probably drop some knowledge on this as well. He has been quoting stats for a few years now.

That's why I will be a virgin as long as I can. I am determined to hold on to my purity. When I am ready, I will walk around with a portable HIV/AIDS TestStation.

This is why BJs are goin out of style.

Cause Wrapping it up doesn't work if she's still domin you up....

Originally Posted by RockDeep

This is why BJs are goin out of style.

Cause Wrapping it up doesn't work if she's still domin you up....
This N' Rock,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Dude, ain't nothing like a good sloppy, BJ! Seriously, though. Dudes, wrap it up. I know we all don't always, butlet's make this the thing to do. PLEASE

Man on the real this is where we need to bring back the principal of the "family" and "monogamy" to the black community.

GET F*CKING TESTED PEOPLE!!!

You will feel better about yourself and you will know what your mate is doing. This*@!$ is no joke!

WE CAN DIE FROM THIS DISEASE!!!

!!!NOT KNOWING YOUR STATUS IS FOR SUCKAS AND SISSY'S!!!

We need to be here for our youth and the generations to follow!

The world is too f*cked up for us not to be!!!

Originally Posted by Scott Scotch

Happy to be stepping out game
I was afraid of something happening when I was working in the healthcare field. They're more way to get it then unprotected sex. And even ifyou're getting married, who's to say your spouse will be faithful?

^
Damn!
roll.gif

I respect the realistic aspect of your stance.

However, I mean, as idealistic as marriage may seem, I'll take my chances...

It's called probability. And mine as a faithful married man is a lot lower now.
laugh.gif

Yeah, folks have to realize that sexual transmittal is not the sole source.

There are drug addicts passing it along to each othe via needle...probably being passed via prostitution too.

I'm with Kev though...I ain't quite married, but I'll take my chances with my lady...and trying my best to keep her MY lady.

I just don't want my "ding-a-ling" to fall off.

I was afraid of something happening when I was working in the healthcare field. They're more way to get it then unprotected sex. And even if you're getting married, who's to say your spouse will be faithful?
You are correct, but you also have to consider how often one is exposed to the other methods. I don't shoot needles and I am not in themedical business. However, I am also not naive enough to not consider that anything can happen.

very sad...please be safe people...this stuff is no joke...to much info/help out there to not know your status and how to protect yourself...

i got a question...

who was the test subjects for these stats? i have been and continue to be leary about these sorts of "reports".

^That's a good question. You should call up places like planned parenthood and the whitman clinic and see if they can provide some insight. I'd like toknow too, cause noone polled me.

Back
Top Bottom