***Beef 2012 Vol Deeper Than Rap: G Unit's BOTCHED Jumping Of Gunplay, Rozay Vs Jeezy, Stalley Vs, M

NT really thinks 50 cant sell anymore?

grin.gif

ya really think he cant go at least gold or 1x plat? in 2012 i dont think he's lost THAT many fans....
Let me ask you something.

Do you care how much he sells?

I don't.

I don't see a damn dollar from that.

You know what I DO care about? How the music sounds.

Album sales are not indicative of quality music. 

They never have been. 
that wasn't da question, and its a completely different point.

homie said 50 can't sell and i just refuted his point. now do i CARE if any of these cats sell or not? meh..sorta, if im a find of them and they're gonna continue to eat

off music then i suppose they have to be successful. for them to be dope they would have to make music that reflects dopeness, hopefully dope & successful is in da

same sentence and not inspite of eachother.

I don't.

They never have been. 

Preach

grin.gif

ya really think he cant go at least gold or 1x plat? in 2012 i dont think he's lost THAT many fans....

I don't.

They never have been. 

homie said 50 can't sell and i just refuted his point. now do i CARE if any of these cats sell or not? meh..sorta, if im a find of them and they're gonna continue to eat

off music then i suppose they have to be successful. for them to be dope they would have to make music that reflects dopeness, hopefully dope & successful is in da

same sentence and not inspite of eachother.
Well then I agree.

It just seemed like people in here are touting numbers as the end all of being enough to trump the stature of one artist over another.

Jay-Z doesn't sell that well either but I don't see anyone denying his impact. 

50's last album topped out at 430'000 and got certified gold & that was three years ago. Since then he has had NO impact musically at all and has steadily got his album pushed back.

the thing about 50 is that he doesnt really have a core fan base at this point. I live in NY and nobody over here old or young is really checking foe dude and its nobodies fault but his own. He has made a mockery of music and unlike a Jay, Nas, Kanye, Jeezy etc.. people aren't going to give him the benefit of the doubt and support him because he makes good music.

As long as he's been in hiphop his success still depends on building up a new fanbase with every album because he hasn't established a core following, simply because he tries to latch himself on to anything thats hot instead of building his own sound and lane. All of those cats who were buying all that G-unit apparel and video games etc.. aint ****** with homie at all these days because of his lack of creativity and integrity in his music.

Well then I agree.

It just seemed like people in here are touting numbers as the end all of being enough to trump the stature of one artist over another.

Aren't all of his albums platinum?

>D

I don't.

They never have been. 

off music then i suppose they have to be successful. for them to be dope they would have to make music that reflects dopeness, hopefully dope
Well then I agree.

Every album he has is platinum. Not most,not some, not a couple, every album is plat.
A simple google search shows that.

grin.gif

I don't.

They never have been. 

off music then i suppose they have to be successful. for them to be dope they would have to make music that reflects dopeness, hopefully dope
Well then I agree.

Every album he has is platinum. Not most,not some, not a couple, every album is plat.
Not my point.

Jay-Z sells...but hes not doing Eminem numbers like that. Kinda my point. For someone of his stature, you'd think he was doing Adele units...

From Meek Mill's instagram. Presumably from Gunplay (he's in jail right now, hasn't seen trial). I'll let your minds wander as to what Gunplay was scared to tell his homies and only felt free so to do it from jail.​

:nerd:

Uhh could just be me lol but I took it as when he was a free man he was scared to tell them that he love them and that they're all he has . No mystery here

grin.gif

Hell no 50 can't go gold, does your New York bias have you that blind?

Absolutely nobody outside the tri-state area is checking for 50's music.

I respect his business sense and ability to still make money in other ventures, but 50's music career is not a factor in 2012
50's last album went gold...and that album leaked a MONTH in advance.
That was over 3 years ago.

And everyone's album used to leak a month in advance.
naw, people's albums used to leak a month in advance back in da IRC chat links days which is da early 2000's

by 2009 labels BEEN stopped giving out advance copies of albums.

50's album leaked early because of a factory leak during mastering da album...month in advance leaked had been stopped for da most part.

grin.gif

I don't.

They never have been. 

Well then I agree.

his debut was gold, i think them re-releasing it yeaaaaars later got it to platinum, but dont act like it went platinum out da gate.

it wasn't until vol. 2 till he was moving serious units...vol.1 just went 1 time plat, that same year in 97 mase went 4x plat, and wu-tang went diamond, so did puffy's no way out.

>D

I don't.

They never have been. 

Well then I agree.

his debut was gold, i think them re-releasing it yeaaaaars later got it to platinum, but dont act like it went platinum out da gate.

it wasn't until vol. 2 till he was moving serious units...vol.1 just went 1 time plat, that same year in 97 mase went 4x plat, and wu-tang went diamond, so did puffy's no way out.
True, but with the way Putty's talking you'd think Hov ain't sold millions.

Word. That wasn't an awful album, but it was the very definition of mediocre. :lol: :lol: @ the thought of listening to BISD over Deeper Than Rap or Teflon Don.

Outside of three songs, I play it all the time. Never been into Ross' music, so like i said. I'd take it over any of his albums.

From Meek Mill's instagram. Presumably from Gunplay (he's in jail right now, hasn't seen trial). I'll let your minds wander as to what Gunplay was scared to tell his homies and only felt free so to do it from jail.​

:nerd:

Uhh could just be me lol but I took it as when he was a free man he was scared to tell them that he love them and that they're all he has . No mystery here
poor gunplay :smh:

Back
Top Bottom