Being broke as hell unappreciation

So, 2007 was a+$*+%*$ year and now I'm really suffering because of it.

First of all, I got sick in February and went in the hospital. Insurance only pays 80% so when you've still gotta come up with 20% of a $20K hospital bill(not to mention all the bills from the individual doctors) it's quite expensive.

Then, while I was still in the hospital, my wife went into labor and had our son. It's so great to have my son, but her hospital stay was also expensive.

Her maternity leave wasn't all paid leave so we lost about 3 months of income...which would have been fine...

Except I got laid off from my job in August.

So I finally got a job offer after being out of work for three months, but it was for a job with an investment company...so I have to take my series 7 and 66tests. The Series 7 book is about 900 pages and takes about 3 months to study for, so in the meantime I had to get a different job while I am studying...so Itook a job making about half of what I was making before just on a temporary basis just so I could pay the bills. I can't stand the job and I'm notmaking nearly what I need to be making.

Now, gas is so expensive, and I've gotta pay for day care while my wife and I both work.
I've maxed out my credit cards and my home equity line.

I just had to withdraw from my IRA, and I know that I'll take a major tax hit on that when I do my taxes in 2009. Hopefully I'll be making a lot moreby then, so it won't matter.

Other than my son being born 2007 sucked.

I feel your pain, homie, I feel your pain...
smh.gif

Although they are completely different circumstances, I too can attest to the feeling of being absolutely broke as hell.
smh.gif

damn you hadda tough year. what kinda insurance yall got though?

edit: i know yall grown too obviously but neither yall parents or fam can come through an help?

Everything happens for a reason...tough times bring prosperity if you stay dedicated to making your situation better. You'll be aight, just fall back withthe sneakers
laugh.gif

^What he's talkin bout and what ur talkin bout are two totally diff. things. Good luck to the OP. Some of you peeped my "JOBS THAT $15/HR THREAD"so you kno I'm kinda broke too. I need a car bad, I'm typin fro the bus as we speak.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Hustle.

i know this is the cliche response on NT when it has to do with getting money but seriously in the thread starters position there is no way i wouldnt havereverted deep into the game-

you got strong will and determination...i woulda been walking on bank counters with an ak if i went thru any of that

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Hustle.

i know this is the cliche response on NT when it has to do with getting money but seriously in the thread starters position there is no way i wouldnt have reverted deep into the game-

you got strong will and determination...i woulda been walking on bank counters with an ak if i went thru any of that
embarassed.gif
i mean i hear what ya sayin. i couldnt handle bein brokelike that myself. i get madd stressed b

I'm in college, and I'm broke as hell...but I'm not old enough to be experiencing what you are. Sorry man.

Homie has a family to worry about, so taking penitentiary chances would not be a good look (standing on counters).

The sad thing is the economy is going to get unbelievably bad in the next three to five years (I know no one wants to believe that) so I would suggest you finda job that's going to be around when this economy crashes. I'm not sure that the stock broker route is the way to go, just being honest.

Originally Posted by King Lincey

I'm in college, and I'm broke as hell...but I'm not old enough to be experiencing what you are. Sorry man.

Same here. Can't work my normal job with this semesters class schedule (work causally from 7am-2pm and I have all 9 am classes) so Im real broke till Iget something new

2007 was rough for me financially, too. i was unemployed for 3 months, and didn't have ANYTHING saved. nobody would hire me, and i applied for 20+ jobs.when i started school again i had no money for books
smh.gif
. i literally lived off of mcdonald's dollar menu items. i would buy 1 drink and reuse it everyday(free refills).

now i'm FINALLY startin to get my money right. took me almost 6 months to get everything i was too broke to afford paid for.

Even though your childish antics in S&T annoy the beans out of me, especially since you're like 30, I hope you get on your feet.

Those exams AREN'T that bad, I've scanned through that and test questions. Compared to the CPA exam, I wish I was taking those.

Good luck, you'll be alright.

Back
Top Bottom