Below the Heavens=Classic?

personal classic for me at least...

dude touched upon a lot of subjects while being creative and true to himself

lyrics were clever and original

exile was crazy on the boards

i can care less what anyone else says really...

^ exactly

take two...three songs out and you have a classic...
i love this album always stays in rotation

I must be one of the only guys to not like this album.

I respect your guys' opinion though. It was something new, but not something I liked.

I loved this album for a while. Until my overly-critical homegirl made me break it down lyric for lyric on a long car ride, and though I like Blu a lot as anMC, he spits more than his share of whack @%$$...

That said, Exile did his thing, and Blu stayed true to himself which shines through in his music.

But the word "classic" should be banned from NT.

I keep this album in HEAVY rotation; not sure if I'd go that far to say it's a classic, though.

I don't think so.

Don't get me wrong its a great album, from production to lyrics and content. However, it just doesn't grab my undivided attention throughout the wholeCD. I could be listening to it and next thing I know I'm 5 songs deep into the album w/o even knowing. For some reason, its not an album that I want tobreak down bar-for-bar or even track-by-track.

I think it will be regarded as a personal classic to many, myself included, but to the general rap world...no. It's not what everyone wants to hear b/c itdoesn't have a club banger or whatever reason. I just loved it so much b/c it was a gimmick free album. Blu sounds so honest throughout, and Exile'sproduction...musical bliss.

Originally Posted by EG47

I don't think so.

Don't get me wrong its a great album, from production to lyrics and content. However, it just doesn't grab my undivided attention throughout the whole CD. I could be listening to it and next thing I know I'm 5 songs deep into the album w/o even knowing. For some reason, its not an album that I want to break down bar-for-bar or even track-by-track.

That's how I felt.

I mean, it's a GREAT album, but after the third or fourth time, it kinda loss me.

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

I don't think so.

Don't get me wrong its a great album, from production to lyrics and content. However, it just doesn't grab my undivided attention throughout the whole CD. I could be listening to it and next thing I know I'm 5 songs deep into the album w/o even knowing. For some reason, its not an album that I want to break down bar-for-bar or even track-by-track.

That's how I felt.

I mean, it's a GREAT album, but after the third or fourth time, it kinda loss me.

its a great album...but to be honest i never listen to the second half of that cd..so no classic in my book

still haven't heard it yet.....
ohwell.gif

I don't think so.

agreed.

Back
Top Bottom