Ben Wallace to the Cavs, Hughes to the Bulls, Duhon to the Sonics

Cavs: Wallace, Wally, Joe Smith, Delonte West

Bulls: Larry Hughes, Gooden, Simmons

Sonics: Duhon, Newble, Marshall

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: (1:19 PM ET ) Hold on a second... have to take this call on a possible trade ...

Ryan, Chicago: Please tell me Ben Wallace is on the move

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: (1:24 PM ET ) Maybe ... call wasabout Ben Wallace in a possible deal with the Cavs. I've got to stress that it was from what I'd call a third party source ... not someone directlyinvolved in the negotiations. So ... take it with a grain of salt ... but interesting ...

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: (1:25 PM ET ) The deal as Iheard it ... by the way ... had Drew Gooden, Ira Newble, Shannon Brown and Cederic Simmons coming back to Chicago.

We all know the Cavs talked about pulling a blockbuster trade so maybe this is it. Does Ben Wallace really help the Cavs? Drew Gooden is a great rebounder,younger, and has a better contract. But Big Ben could play with a new energy thanks to getting a fresh start.

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: (1:19 PM ET ) Hold on a second ... have to take this call on a possible trade ...

Ryan, Chicago: Please tell me Ben Wallace is on the move

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: (1:24 PM ET ) Maybe ... call was about Ben Wallace in a possible deal with the Cavs. I've got to stress that it was from what I'd call a third party source ... not someone directly involved in the negotiations. So ... take it with a grain of salt ... but interesting ...

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: (1:25 PM ET ) The deal as I heard it ... by the way ... had Drew Gooden, Ira Newble, Shannon Brown and Cederic Simmons coming back to Chicago.

And that improves the Cavs how?

The Cavs need a big man like Wallace because they are going to have to beat the Magic and Howard in Orlando in a series. Ben Wallace is probably the bestoption out there that is capable of playing Howard 1 on 1.

Clark (Durham, NC): Why would the Cavs trade for Ben Wallace?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (1:47 PM ET ) To make that work financially the deal would have to look like this:

Ben Wallace, Chris Duhon and Joe Smith to Cleveland for Drew Gooden, Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble, Shannon Brown, Devin Brown and Cederic Simmons ... unlessIlgauskas is in this deal.

they love keeping him in the central division. He has fallen off since he was with the pistons.

Todd (Westerville, OH): Why would the Cavs trade for Wallace when the need more offensive help for Lebron?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (1:50 PM ET ) Ummmm ....All I can say is that owner Dan Gilbert is a huge Pistons fan ... maybe he sees something we don't. Duhonwould help them. And for the Bulls ... Gooden is OK ... and they clear some cap ... but this is essentially a lateral move as far as winning this season.

Andrew Cleveland,Ohio: Is the Chicago-Cavs deal final?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (1:55 PM ET ) No ... I want to stress that. What we've heard is that they have had talks. That's it. We all keep hearing thatthey've also been talking to Seattle about Wally Szczerbiak too. Not sure what's up with that.

PLZZZZZZZZZz take that bum off are hands

Ben Wallace, Chris Duhon and Joe Smith to Cleveland for Drew Gooden, Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble, Shannon Brown, Devin Brown and Cederic Simmons
EH would hate to see Duhon and smith go

You guys aren't helping with your descriptions of Wallace.

Ben Wallace is MVP material. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Terry (Cleveland, OH): Any updates on deals concerning Cleveland?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (2:03 PM ET ) I'm getting lots of phone calls now ... sorry for delays. One source says the hold up in a Chicago-Cavs deal is thatCleveland wants Chicago to take back Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden for Ben Wallace, Joe Smith and Duhon. I can't really see the Bulls doing that. Hughes hastwo years, $26 million left on his contract and where do the Bulls play him?

I dont like getting rid of Joe Smith or Duhon.......Gooden is solid, Newble hussles.....the rest is scraps.

I think we are going to walk on this deal, at least i hope we do. I dont want to give up Joe or Duhon. Joe has been good all year

New structure to the deal.

Cavs get
Ben Wallace
Chris Duhon

Bulls get
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes

Bucher on ESPN just reported 2 deals on the table - Donyell Marshall and Ira Newble for Wally Sczerbiak. Ben Wallace and Chris Duhon for Larry Hughes.

i herd Ben might be going to Indiana with gordon for Jermaine which would work out good for both teams, the cavs should try to pull a deal for mike miller fosho

i do not want Larry Hughes. We need to keep Duhon and Joe, Duhon has been playing very well lately. But it looks like the Bulls have decided that Noah isready, which i think he also is. He can do the same thing Wallace did and would be more active doing it

We also do not need Hughes as Thabo is coming along. We need to make a decision on what we are going to do about Gordon in the future

Ben would be better under a defensive-minded team like CLE than CHI. I don't think he ever really fit in there, no matter how big his contract is. I'mnot going to be 100% against Wallace but I don't Wally at all. Mike Miller, Shawn Marion>>>>>>>>>>Wally.

Cavs get
Ben Wallace
Chris Duhon

Bulls get
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes

damn....Sounds like a good deal for Cleveland.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Ben would be better under a defensive-minded team like CLE than CHI. I don't think he ever really fit in there, no matter how big his contract is. I'm not going to be 100% against Wallace but I don't Wally at all. Mike Miller, Shawn Marion>>>>>>>>>>Wally.

Skiles wasn't a defensive minded coach?

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

++%+ larry hughes! Wallace for Gooden is good enough for me! id rather keep Du and Joe Smith

Neither one is going to get resigned next year if Pax has a brain. I would take Hughes and Gooden over wallets, Du and Smith on this team everyday of theweek. Maybe it is my liking of both Dru and Hughes from college but I think they would help more than those other guys. We need a bigger backcourt and Goodenis better than both guys getting shipped out.

Back
Top Bottom