Benefits of being single.

:rofl:

Steezy you're cool but you are way off shore on this one.

You can't start a business or go on vacation while single? FAM, WHAT? Are you kiddin me /JimMora

Vacations with your partner, running a family business with your partner bro...never said you can't have these things single, but is a much different way to enjoy life.

Being with your baby mama for 40+ = that's your wife fam...

That's not what's discussed here.

From experience of 9 years working in a hospital, I noticed even your own kids forget you, at the end of your road, the only one person that most likely be standing by your side is your partner, married or not married.

Being single is gratifying when young, I don't see the benefits of it when you are passed your 40's unless you are filthy rich and the joy money brings you somehow fills that void.

I'm sorry you misunderstood my post. When did I say anything about being with baby mom for 40+ years didn't equel a wife?

I just think we all reach a point in life where you just gotta stop and wonder, WHAT NOW?...it's only so much you can do on your own and feel good about before you start craving that someone to share it with, seems like a pretty pointless life if all you did at the end of the day you did for yourself and noone else....that's just the way I feel.

I completely understand being a young male and not wanting to be tied down and able to acquire yambs at will, but that **** has to get old eventually.

Reactions: Ube
:rofl:

Steezy you're cool but you are way off shore on this one.

You can't start a business or go on vacation while single? FAM, WHAT? Are you kiddin me /JimMora

My man is talking about true companionship. The fact that you think he is way off base shows the different outlooks, that's all. To me living that single life gets old, you want a person who can be there through thick n thin and who is gonna hold you down no matter what

I'm a sucker for consistency, can you blame me? It's not for everyone but growing old with my lady and enjoy our life together is a dream of mine. Some dudes like bouncing from chick to chick but I prefer true love over true lust anyday.

A chick you can trust is hard to come by gentleman, word to illest!

Vacations with your partner, running a family business with your partner bro...never said you can't have these things single, but is a much different way to enjoy life.

We all know how much you and yo girl love each other. I'm happy that you happy but that life don't make everyone else happy. I just don't see where you think that your happier then someone who single by choice. Like not all single people are happy, and not all envolved people are happy like myself. Everyone has a lane to choose.

I was never really about this life from jump honestly. Like someone said before, I think it's time for me to find my happiness before I try to make someone else happy. I really feel like I've wasted so many years of my life. She did give me 1 beautiful child tho.
 I said that lol...

I can't look at my past relationships as wasted years because i'd drive myself crazy... for all i know, i could have been single, out in the streets, and into some **** i wish i never got involved in... life is crazy like that.. like you said, you got your kid and maybe that was her purpose in your life...

is the breakup going to be a mutual agreement or is she in for the shock of her life?

my last ex acted like she was totally blindsides but imo, that's ********... i been told her **** needed to change but at the end of the day we were just two different people...  2 years later she's "happily married" ... i told her she should thanking my ***, she found her true bae lol

We all know how much you and yo girl love each other. I'm happy that you happy but that life don't make everyone else happy. I just don't see where you think that your happier then someone who single by choice. Like not all single people are happy, and not all envolved people are happy like myself. Everyone has a lane to choose.

I only hopped out of lurking this thread when dude said married men are envious of his lifestyle...from the jump I said there is pros and cons and are simply two different ways to live life....being young and single most be fun but I'm sure you ask these men how happy they are being 60 and single and the response won't be exactly the same.

I only hopped out of lurking this thread when dude said married men are envious of his lifestyle...from the jump I said there is pros and cons and are simply two different ways to live life....being young and single most be fun but I'm sure you ask these men how happy they are being 60 and single and the response won't be exactly the same.
I could see some wanting to stay single for the fear of losing their other half and having to live with that pain....  so they stay single and avoid that connection.

I could see some wanting to stay single for the fear of losing their other half and having to live with that pain....  so they stay single and avoid that connection.

If that's the case that's gonna be one looooong lonely life, death is part of life and that's something we all need to come to terms with, we will lose our parents, kids, wife, husband...eventually if you don't die first you will lose your loved ones, living in fear of losing someone you love is not living at all.

Why would you want to make your married friends jealous?

So the benefit of being single is making married people jealous?

The benefit is that I realize my time being single should be cherished and not rushed. I see married couples who seem like what they're doing is hard work and all I have to do is pick up a phone to end my relationships (C) Louis CK. It's not that I think young married couples regret getting married or they don't love each other anymore, it's just that I think they realize they had more time is all. When I talk to them about the "single" things I'm doing, I can tell they miss "the life". Just because someone is 30 and single doesn't mean they have to marry the next person they meet. That's how the old school wants us to feel. It also doesn't mean that I'm still a little kid because YOU already started a family. We are not losers wasting our time. We are still cultivating ourselves through our experiences and dating a different woman each week plays a part in that.
happy.gif

BTW, I am mainly talking about those people in their late 20s who get married to someone they've known a few years because it's that time to settle down. I'm not talking about married couples who've been together for 5+ years before officially tying the knot.

Sure sure. I agree. Vacations with friends is fun, business is business and some don't like mixing business with pleasure. I know what you mean.

Personally I've never been on a real vacation with a gf so I wouldn't know. I've also never had a 'great' relationship so I'm biased but relationships to me are complete manure.

If that's the case that's gonna be one looooong lonely life, death is part of life and that's something we all need to come to terms with, we will lose our parents, kids, wife, husband...eventually if you don't die first you will lose your loved ones, living in fear of losing someone you love is not living at all.
it was just a hypothetical, but definitely the way some people think....

to tone it down a bit, some fear just simply being hurt. I agree that's not the way to live but its a reality for plenty of people....

The benefit is that I realize my time being single should be cherished and not rushed. I see married couples who seem like what they're doing is hard work and all I have to do is pick up a phone to end my relationships (C) Louis CK. It's not that I think young married couples regret getting married or they don't love each other anymore, it's just that I think they realize they had more time is all. When I talk to them about the "single" things I'm doing, I can tell they miss "the life". Just because someone is 30 and single doesn't mean they have to marry the next person they meet. That's how the old school wants us to feel. It also doesn't mean that I'm still a little kid because YOU already started a family. We are not losers wasting our time. We are still cultivating ourselves through our experiences and dating a different woman each week plays a part in that. :D
BTW, I am mainly talking about those people in their late 20s who get married to someone they've known a few years because it's that time to settle down. I'm not talking about married couples who've been together for 5+ years before officially tying the knot.

How nice, all you have to do is pick up a phone and dump someone
Must be the life, having "relationships" that are not worthy of a face to face break up
Seems like you are getting pressured to get married by others around you.
Maybe you should get some single friends.

I dont think op meant "post the benefit of not getting married early"

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, it's so appears to me the main benefit of being single is ultimately the abundance of Yambs?...is that really what life boils down to some of you?...that and the occasional few that live life on the road with no worries, which I'm sure is not a whole bunch of you...because name any other benefit and I'm sure me as a married man enjoy those benefits as well.

Like tonight for instance...new meet up at the crib.

Last week it was someone different.

:pimp:

So let me get this straight, it's so appears to me the main benefit of being single is ultimately the abundance of Yambs?...is that really what life boils down to some of you?...that and the occasional few that live life on the road with no worries, which I'm sure is not a whole bunch of you...because name any other benefit and I'm sure me as a married man enjoy those benefits as well.
rappers raised a lot of these ******.... they just livin the lyrics.... im learning to just let them cook, logic is out of the question....

It's really about variety, and getting to meet different women in this short life. No way could I look back and honestly be satisfied with one female.

One life...one female?

No way. That's too boring to me. Coming home ever single day after work to the same chick?

It pains me to even imagine having to do it.

Cause nothing beats new...

And the sad thing is your wife is probably thinking the same thing. Both of ya'll know deep down inside that its all a shame.

The state plays an enormous role in your marriage as well.

Also, in the back of your head you're thinking that at any moment it could break.

It's that fragile because humans are too unpredictable.

Last edited:
It's really about variety, and getting to meet different women in this short life. No way could I look back and honestly be satisfied with one female.

One life...one female?

No way. That's too boring to me. Coming home ever single day after work to the same chick?

It pains me to even imagine having to do it.

Cause nothing beats new...

And the sad thing is your wife is probably thinking the same thing. Both of ya'll know deep down inside that its all a shame.

The state plays an enormous role in your marriage as well.

Also, in the back of your head you're thinking that at any moment it could break.

It's that fragile because humans are too unpredictable.

:rofl: @ Your simple life and thinking being committed, means adventure goes out the window and life becomes a routine....you are doing it wrong sir, I don't blame you young lad...keep piling up yambs, that's all it really is about.

LOL ... did son low key say if you live in a city with no yamb selection you're more likely to just say **** it and get married...

I'm trying so hard to leave this one alone...

Last edited:
So by your math by the time your 22 you shouldn't be in the club?

Ps, you guys do know there are other social settings to mingle with people other then the club don't you?
After what math? I didn't mean you have 4 years to go to clubs. I meant that you have a "shelf life" when it comes to going to clubs. After that's its just sad

Steezy I'm glad you have a great marriage. I'm not against it but there is pros n cons to both sides. All day. If I recall you an your girl been together off n on since HS.. then finally buckled down....I hope you guys make it to 50+. I dunno I'm so annoyed right now to. No relationship is perfect........but man it can just be draining. Everybody is diff I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom