Besides looking awesome...whats the point of Yachts?

I know I'd want one but ...they're not really built to be on the high seas or anything or anything farther than a couple miles off the coast IF that...so...is there a technical advantage to Yachts or are they another ostentatious display of wealth?

2z9a6h4.gif

if you go far enough off the coast you can pretty much do whatever you want cuz there are no laws out there.

it's just  the next level of luxury - you got all the cars and estates...you move on to yachts and private planes-

while it might not be the best use of $ for you, some people actually enjoy the water, cruising, sailing exploring etc etc  - these joints are like homes on the water...ultimate luxury, all the bases covered- like your own private cruise ship

i'm with OP and not really a fan of the water so it would never be my thing...but maybe if i was sitting on billions my outlook would change
nerd.gif

theres also the issue of privacy i guess....if your someone who is hounded by paps/fans etc...not too many are gonna be out on the open seas with you...sometimes you just wanna get away...like the big homie:

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Tiger Woods escapes to Bahamas in a luxurious $22.3million yacht[/h3]
Tiger Woods is hogging limelight everywhere after being linked tomore than 10 women and admitting cheating on his wife. But it is notthe shamed golfer’s current status that attracted us; in fact it is hisyacht that appealed to our luxury loving senses. Reportedly the golferhas escaped to the Bahamas on his luxury £14million ($22.3million)yacht. Aptly named, Privacy, this 155ft vessel is sure to give him allthe privacy he desires. An exquisite yacht, it offers optimum luxuryand comfort to its guests and features a gym, Jacuzzi and sky loungebar.
Woods%27s_155-foot_yacht.jpg
The vessel has a 12,000 gallon fuel tank that gives it a range of 4,000miles. The luxury vessel has been moored at Old Port Cover in NorthPalm Beach, Florida, for over a week. Tight security has been in forceat the marina after Wood's yacht arrived. What is more, the crew evenattempted to conceal the yacht's name by draping a sheet over the bowof the vessel. On Saturday morning, after stocking up on provisionsfrom Costco the boat left town. Let’s hope, Privacy is able to give thegolfer some much needed privacy.

I'd cop if I could afford. Have fun. Do whatever you want. If buying a Yacht and furnishing it is your thing, DO IT!

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I know I'd want one but ...they're not really built to be on the high seas or anything or anything farther than a couple miles off the coast IF that...so...is there a technical advantage to Yachts or are they another ostentatious display of wealth?
What are you talking about?  You can go all over the place on a yacht, the range is only limited to fuel capacity.  A couple miles?  My father in law has a 29 foot boat (not considered a yacht), and it has a 400 mile range.  That means you could safely go 190 miles off shore and back without worrying about running out of fuel.  We've gone from Dana Point to Catalina and back in a day (74 mile round trip).  I think you are a little misinformed or otherwise ignorant of what boats are capable of.

They're meant for driving your car off a ramp and crashing into/onto them....2 Fast 2 Furious style.

try riding around on a crappy 21# boat like mine for a whole day on the open ocean  and then go for a short cruise on a 60'+ yacht with beautiful cabins, air conditioning, full bathrooms (heads), kitchen (galley) etc.

Who says there has to be a point?

When you're filthy rich you can spend your money on lots of pointless BS. That's just one of the perks.

Back
Top Bottom