Besides looking awesome...whats the point of Yachts?

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I know I'd want one but ...they're not really built to be on the high seas or anything or anything farther than a couple miles off the coast IF that...so...is there a technical advantage to Yachts or are they another ostentatious display of wealth?
What are you talking about?  You can go all over the place on a yacht, the range is only limited to fuel capacity.  A couple miles?  My father in law has a 29 foot boat (not considered a yacht), and it has a 400 mile range.  That means you could safely go 190 miles off shore and back without worrying about running out of fuel.  We've gone from Dana Point to Catalina and back in a day (74 mile round trip).  I think you are a little misinformed or otherwise ignorant of what boats are capable of.
I'm talking about the fact that you can't take these things on the super high seas...its obvious that they can GO places...its a damn boat dude.. but if its not high seas worthy, whats the major appeal? Just a simple question

I know I'd want one but ...they're not really built to be on the high seas or anything or anything farther than a couple miles off the coast IF that...so...is there a technical advantage to Yachts or are they another ostentatious display of wealth?
What are you talking about?  You can go all over the place on a yacht, the range is only limited to fuel capacity.  A couple miles?  My father in law has a 29 foot boat (not considered a yacht), and it has a 400 mile range.  That means you could safely go 190 miles off shore and back without worrying about running out of fuel.  We've gone from Dana Point to Catalina and back in a day (74 mile round trip).  I think you are a little misinformed or otherwise ignorant of what boats are capable of.
I'm talking about the fact that you can't take these things on the super high seas...its obvious that they can GO places...its a damn boat dude.. but if its not high seas worthy, whats the major appeal? Just a simple question
how many people would want to go on the open seas anyway?

I have a question, when you say "high seas" and "super high seas," are you envisioning gigantic ocean waves in the middle of nowhere, or are you literally referring to international waters?  It's not a question of ability with these vessels, it's a question of practicality.  

It obviously depends on the boat/yacht, but most boats of any size are capable of sailing across oceans, were they not limited by fuel. Its not like you go a certain distance off shore and all of a sudden hit the perfect storm. Not to mention the huge bodies of water that arent 'super-high-seas' IE puget sound etc etc.
as somebody who grew up doing a lot of sailing, i have a much harder time understanding the appeal of motorhomes/rvs.

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

If only I was cool enough with my uncle... His yacht is pretty dope

it still wouldnt bring her back
nerd.gif
f0016b39267792ed91dd61f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom