Best Albums of the Year. (Mixtapes are a different thread).

this thread has made me realized that either

a) im old and have no taste for music anymore
b) i dont listen to enough albums
c) full albums are normally not playable from track 1 to track 17
d) music is bad and non creative now-a-days. mix tapes are better than albums

its probably A, but who knows..i feel like people are saturating the market and killing the quality.
only hip hop album i liked by life is good

but, ive been wrong before and could be wrong again

this thread has made me realized that either
a) im old and have no taste for music anymore
b) i dont listen to enough albums
c) full albums are normally not playable from track 1 to track 17
d) music is bad and non creative now-a-days. mix tapes are better than albums
its probably A, but who knows..i feel like people are saturating the market and killing the quality.
only hip hop album i liked by life is good
but, ive been wrong before and could be wrong again

question. have you listened to Good Kid m.A.A.d. City and not liked it (which i wouldn't bash you for or anything just interested) or have you just not heard it yet?

question. have you listened to Good Kid m.A.A.d. City and not liked it (which i wouldn't bash you for or anything just interested) or have you just not heard it yet?
Not yet..I just downloaded it last weekend....It's on the list for this weekend...with saigon...i heard it was good, but i dont want to get my hopes up too high.

Will make my list in about a month..... So far the only real solid I have is Beach House's album Bloom at the top of my list and I don't think that's going to change at all, it's just such a masterpiece.

Also, have you guys been thinking about your top 10/favorite songs of the year? So much harder to do than albums :lol:

Not yet..I just downloaded it last weekend....It's on the list for this weekend...with saigon...i heard it was good, but i dont want to get my hopes up too high.
Follow up question: Do you only listen to rap?

Flying Lotus - Until the Quiet Comes

^probably my favorite thing musically in 2012.

Will make my list in about a month..... So far the only real solid I have is Beach House's album Bloom at the top of my list and I don't think that's going to change at all, it's just such a masterpiece.

Also, have you guys been thinking about your top 10/favorite songs of the year? So much harder to do than albums :lol:

I have a hard enough time choosing 10 albums. No way in hell I can do 10 songs :lol:

My top 5 is
1. Death Grips- The Money Store
2. Kendrick Lamar - GKMC
3. Grizzly Bear - Shields
4. Beach House - Bloom
5. Nas - Life Is Good

honorable mentions

Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
Curren$y - Stoned Immaculate
Ab Soul - Control System
SchoolBoy Q - Habits & Contradictions
Blu & Exile - Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them