Best AZ album?

I'm here listening to Illmatic for the first time in a minute and I realized I've never bumped an AZ album. Which album should I look into reminiscentto his flow on Illmatic?

DO OR DIE..............IF YOU LIKE AZ'S FLOW ON "LIFE'S A $!%%%". Listen to "We cant win" and "mo money mo murder". Hislater stuff is good too, he's underrated

Theres no way Doe or Die is better then Aziatic ...Aziatic is his best
pimp.gif

^Aziatic is what it is, but DOD is def his best album imo...

and AZ is one of those artists where you need his complete discography to really appreciate dude...

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]"Once Again"[/td] [td]DR Period[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]"A-1 Performance"[/td] [td]Portiay[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]"Wanna Be There"[/td] [td]Chop D.I.E.S.E.L.[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]"Take It Off"[/td] [td]L.E.S.[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]"The Essence"[/td] [td]Baby Paul[/td] [td]AZ, Nas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]"Hands in the Air"[/td] [td]Precison[/td] [td]AZ, DJ Rogers, Jr., Nikko[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]"Fan Mail"[/td] [td]Miller Time[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]"Paradise (Life)"[/td] [td]Miller Time[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]"Take Care of Me"[/td] [td]Precison[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]"I'm Back"[/td] [td]Buckwild[/td] [td]AZ, Daddy Rose[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]"Hustler"[/td] [td]Chop D.I.E.S.E.L.[/td] [td]Animal, AZ, Trav[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]"Rebirth"[/td] [td]Buckwild[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]"Aziatic (Outro)"[/td] [td]Chop D.I.E.S.E.L.[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]"Doing Me"[/td] [td]Big Joe[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]"Intro"[/td] [td]1:18[/td] [td]AZ & Lunatic Mind[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]"Uncut Raw"[/td] [td]2:59[/td] [td]Loose; co-produced by AZ[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]"Gimme Yours"[/td] [td]3:07[/td] [td]Pete Rock[/td] [td]AZ & Nas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]"Ho-Happy Jackie"[/td] [td]3:34[/td] [td]Buckwild[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]"Rather Unique"[/td] [td]4:49[/td] [td]Pete Rock[/td] [td]AZ
Pete Rock (uncredited)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]"I Feel for You"[/td] [td]3:03[/td] [td]Amar; co-produced by AZ[/td] [td]AZ & Erica Scott[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]"Sugar Hill"[/td] [td]4:09[/td] [td]L.E.S.[/td] [td]AZ & Miss Jones[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]"Mo Money, Mo Murder, Mo Homicide"*[/td] [td]6:32[/td] [td]DR Period[/td] [td]AZ & Nas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]"Doe or Die"[/td] [td]3:23[/td] [td]N.O. Joe[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]"We Can't Win"[/td] [td]3:33[/td] [td]Amar; co-produced by AZ[/td] [td]Amar & AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]"Your World Don't Stop"[/td] [td]4:18[/td] [td]Ski[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]"Sugar Hill (Remix)"[/td] [td]4:18[/td] [td]L.E.S.[/td] [td]AZ[/td] [/tr][/table]
Nah i cant cosign Doe or Die being better
laugh.gif
...but both are
pimp.gif

He has ONE good album . . . He's been TRASH ever since . . . I don't understand why I need an AZ album if Nas is still makin music?? He's a poormans Nas mixed with a lil Raekwon (who has been trash for over a decade also)

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

He has ONE good album . . . He's been TRASH ever since . . . I don't understand why I need an AZ album if Nas is still makin music?? He's a poor mans Nas mixed with a lil Raekwon (who has been trash for over a decade also)

indifferent.gif
Find me one track Nas outshined AZ on, just one. Calling AZ trash is laughable. The difference between Nas and AZ is that AZ knows his lane, stays in it,and excels at it. Nas be doing too much
tired.gif

He has ONE good album . . . He's been TRASH ever since . . . I don't understand why I need an AZ album if Nas is still makin music?? He's a poor mans Nas mixed with a lil Raekwon (who has been trash for over a decade also)

indifferent.gif

You know what, that definitely sums it all up. AZ does stay in his lane and doesnt eve make an attempt to overdue it.
AZ and Nas styles are both sort of similar however they are not the exact same, my favorite emcee is AZ and my friends favorite is Nas.
We listen to both artists but he may listen to Nas more than A, I know that i listen to AZ more than i do Nas. Both very talented artists imo though.

My favorite AZ album would have to be Aziatic, however my friend that is one of the biggest Nasir fans told me to listen to "Doe or Die" staying thatparticular album is AZ's best work so ima have to go cop it one day.

I've said it once I'll say it again

What Jay was to BIG, it exactly what A is to Nas, the difference is BIG passed, Jay basically took all BIGs fans, cause to an extent he's the closest thingwe'd ever get to BIG. With A he never had a chance to rock a hip hop audience that was unable to get another Nas record . . . That's been the thorn inhis side . . . He lives in Nas's shadow. As far as him "staying in his lane", what $*!%%% lane is that?? Mega did somethin, HE has his own lane.A was doin songs with Joe, sampling Debarge tryin to get that MTV money . . . Stop it. Remember "Hey AZ"??
laugh.gif
that was 97 . . . All this staying inhis lane talk is foolish, it would've worked if I wasn't familiar with the garbage he's consistantly put out . . . But he made some TERRIBLEcrossover tracks . . .

He wanna be Nas, he came with a raw street album that was loved by many, JUST like Nas. He sold a decent amount, but you BIG goin triple, Rae goin gold in amonth. Then Nas went commercial with IWW, then what happens in 97/98?? AZ comes with "Hey AZ" on the beach playin volleyball and %##*?? The %##* justFLOPS, (he had a few joints on that album "Last Days", and the single) . . . Ever since then he's bounced from major to independent spitting thatexact SAME %##* he was spittin for like 10 years now . . .

to say you not feeling AZ is one thing...but to say he's Trash Starvin is bananas
smh.gif
..you seem to not like AZ at all everytime he's mentioned so its expected but cmon you telling me this dude is trash? this N's flow letalone could be top 5 of all time

If I were to sit down and listen to one of A's albums, what would I be getting from it that I wasn't gettin already from a Nas record??

^How many AZ albums have you listened to?
We already know that both Nas and AZ styles are similar however we have our opinions as human beings on who we prefer.
I have friends that dont even care for AZ at all and prefer to listen to the total opposite as far as music goes.
When i first heard AWOL, i didnt like it at all but i had to listen to exactly what he was saying. To me AZ's wordplay is close to being flawless honestlyhowever that is my opinion.

Ok, alot of artists went that whole commercial route. Even Aziatic was more of an commercial album in my opinion however the album was still hot. My favoriteNas album is "I AM" and that album to me was commercial however it was a hot album imo as well.

Basically the staying in the lane thing with AZ is that he doesnt really switch up his style too much, with these last couple of AZ albums has he reallyswitched up honestly and i am not talking about throughout his whole career. You might not even know because you may not even be a consistent listener as faras AZ tracks goes. Its your opinion, nothing wrong with it as we are all different.

roll.gif

Funny people in this world I tell you.

Anyways, Doe or Die and Awol (imo)

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I think I might go with Aziatic but you should definitely check all his albums.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

to say you not feeling AZ is one thing...but to say he's Trash Starvin is bananas
smh.gif
..you seem to not like AZ at all everytime he's mentioned so its expected but cmon you telling me this dude is trash? this N's flow let alone could be top 5 of all time

I never even perceived it possible for someone to call AZ trash..

Aziatic is def. my fav. I remember I never heard of dude then one day I seen his vid for 'Im Back' (when it 1st dropped)..went and bought Aziatic thevery next day
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom