Best Backup QB

Nah..In all honesty the answer to this question comes down to the loser of the Quinn vs. Anderson sweeptstakes and I'd even say Ryan Fitzpatrick could givesome fellers a run for their money.

Jeff Garthia....at some point, Garthia WILL be starting over that bum Jamarcus Russell....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Jeff Garthia....at some point, Garthia WILL be starting over that bum Jamarcus Russell....

Very true and on point, but that still doesn't make Garcia the BEST backup of all.

Dude said "Garthia"..
laugh.gif

But best potential backups this year are Vick, Derek Anderson, and Vince Young....I would say Jeff "Garthia" but with that O line in Oakland hebetter hope they don't call his number.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Very true and on point, but that still doesn't make Garcia the BEST backup of all.

No, but 4 Pro Bowls as a starter certainly does.

best backup qb right now wouldn't be garcia would it? I'd like to think it would be T. Jackson or Rosenfels. Maybe fitzpatrick in the mix I mean he didgo to harvard.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

seneca wallace isnt the best yet but he will be ever.
Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Seneca Wallace.
TWO seneca posts???

eek.gif
pimp.gif

it's about time. fixed the first one though.
forgot about my man Seneca, and dont sleep on Vince Young either.

I seem like black running QBs are dominating the backup QB spot right now... Vick, Tavaris, Seneca, and Young
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

GTFOHWTBS. There's no way in HELL Garcia starts over Jamarcus.

Garcia. Easy. Dunno if that's fair cuz he's likely gonna be a backup more cuz of financial reasons than playing ability.

At this point, there's just no way to evaluate Vick. New team, new system, been out of the game for years, etc. He was always one to rely on naturalathletic ability rather than brains/hard work so it's more likely he's gonna struggle for some time.

There are some good backups out there. Last year, Byron Leftwich was solid but now it looks like he is starting for Tampa

Originally Posted by AG 47

You don't think there's any way this season Garcia will be starting over Jamarcus? I'm not talking about in week 1, but if theRaidahs are struggling, I'm sure the plug will be pulled on #2....

651akathePaul wrote:

DoubleJs07 wrote:

You don't think there's any way this season Garcia will be starting over Jamarcus? I'm not talking about in week 1, but if the Raidahs are struggling, I'm sure the plug will be pulled on #2....

Naw. I'll tell you why. Although Garcia is a better QB than Jamarcus is today, better pocket presence, better accuracy and so on, Jamarcus is the QB of thefuture for the Raiders.
It makes no sense to start Garcia to get about 3-4 more wins this season, considering we're going nowhere this season, and stunt Jamarcus' growth if wewere to struggling. Those on NT bash Jamarcus a lot, but fail to recognize the kid has been progressing nicely considering he's only had one full season atQB for us. Not to mention our owner is Al Davis...the same man that benched Marcus Allen and watched the Raiders lose games because of some BS feud they had.Al Davis loves Jamarcus. I'd Russell has about another 2 more years to be worth his salt before we start talking about being benched.

As far as the Raiders are concerned, we are a sorry ##$ team from top to bottom, but Jamarcus has actually been one of the brighter spots on the team. Truth betold, Garcia would
get killed behind our o-line too. In fact, that's where Garcia's value is...is in case Jamarcus gets injured...then we have a capable back-up in Garciaand not Andrew Walter.

651akathePaul wrote:

DoubleJs07 wrote:

You don't think there's any way this season Garcia will be starting over Jamarcus? I'm not talking about in week 1, but if the Raidahs are struggling, I'm sure the plug will be pulled on #2....

Naw. I'll tell you why. Although Garcia is a better QB than Jamarcus is today, better pocket presence, better accuracy and so on, Jamarcus is the QB of the future for the Raiders.
It makes no sense to start Garcia to get about 3-4 more wins this season, considering we're going nowhere this season, and stunt Jamarcus' growth if we were to struggling. Those on NT bash Jamarcus a lot, but fail to recognize the kid has been progressing nicely considering he's only had one full season at QB for us. Not to mention our owner is Al Davis...the same man that benched Marcus Allen and watched the Raiders lose games because of some BS feud they had. Al Davis loves Jamarcus. I'd Russell has about another 2 more years to be worth his salt before we start talking about being benched.

As far as the Raiders are concerned, we are a sorry ##$ team from top to bottom, but Jamarcus has actually been one of the brighter spots on the team. Truth be told, Garcia would
get killed behind our o-line too. In fact, that's where Garcia's value is...is in case Jamarcus gets injured...then we have a capable back-up in Garcia and not Andrew Walter.
Al Davis may like Jamarcus, but he loves to win. Also, it does no good to Russell's progress if he just gets hammered. Many would rather theQB of teh future learn on the sidelines rather than throw them into the fire if they don't have to. See Tom Brady, Steve Young, Aaron Rodgers vs AlexSmith, David Carr, Tim Couch, etc. It's not out of the question for the Raiders to turn to Garcia at some point. Whether they flat out admit it's cuzof Russell's play or just fake an injury, either way it's highly likely they turn to Garcia at some point this season. With the money the very top ofthe draft makes, it's much more worth it to get picks #6-10 than #1-5.

Originally Posted by codex57

DoubleJs07 wrote:

AG 47 wrote:

651akathePaul wrote:

DoubleJs07 wrote:

You don't think there's any way this season Garcia will be starting over Jamarcus? I'm not talking about in week 1, but if the
Raidahs are struggling, I'm sure the plug will be pulled on #2....

Naw. I'll tell you why. Although Garcia is a better QB than Jamarcus is today, better pocket presence, better accuracy and so on, Jamarcus is the QB of the
future for the Raiders.

It makes no sense to start Garcia to get about 3-4 more wins this season, considering we're going nowhere this season, and stunt Jamarcus' growth if we
were to struggling. Those on NT bash Jamarcus a lot, but fail to recognize the kid has been progressing nicely considering he's only had one full season at
QB for us. Not to mention our owner is Al Davis...the same man that benched Marcus Allen and watched the Raiders lose games because of some BS feud they had.
Al Davis loves Jamarcus. I'd Russell has about another 2 more years to be worth his salt before we start talking about being benched.

As far as the Raiders are concerned, we are a sorry ##$ team from top to bottom, but Jamarcus has actually been one of the brighter spots on the team. Truth be
told, Garcia would

get killed behind our o-line too. In fact, that's where Garcia's value is...is in case Jamarcus gets injured...then we have a capable back-up in Garcia
and not Andrew Walter.
Al Davis may like Jamarcus, but he loves to win. Also, it does no good to Russell's progress if he just gets hammered. Many would rather the QB of teh future learn on the sidelines rather than throw them into the fire if they don't have to. See Tom Brady, Steve Young, Aaron Rodgers vs Alex Smith, David Carr, Tim Couch, etc. It's not out of the question for the Raiders to turn to Garcia at some point. Whether they flat out admit it's cuz of Russell's play or just fake an injury, either way it's highly likely they turn to Garcia at some point this season. With the money the very top of the draft makes, it's much more worth it to get picks #6-10 than #1-5.

First off, the Raiders will lose a bunch of games this year, but don't think for one minute that those loses will be solely Russell's fault. We haveare a garbage team that cannot stop the run.
Take the Saints game for example, Jamarcus played better than Garcia and we still got killed 45-7. I say this to say that the Raiders losing doesn't equalJamarcus playing bad. He can have
good games and we still lose...that's just how bad this team is. Garbage d-line, soft LB's, 1 super corner, and two garbage safeties. Raw receivingcorp, unproven RB's, and an inconsistent o-line.
No QB overcome that by himself...definitely not Garcia.

Jamarcus got hammered last year. Last year our o-line was visibly worse than the o-line of this year so I'm pretty sure the Raiders will continue to letJamarcus develop. Our o-line isn't good
but if they stuck with him through all of last year then they will do the same here. Also, keep in mind the message you send to a player when you bench themand then consider that Jamarcus
isn't just any player...he's been told, probably by Al Davis himself, that he is the future. This team will only go as far as Jamarcus carries them. Tobench him after that would be to give up on the future and focus on the now when the now is clearly not as important as the future since we've beenbuilding for that for awhile now. I highly doubt Al is going to send that message.

Back
Top Bottom