Best Barber Shops in SF?

I might go to Fresh cut soon because my local barber fcked my lineup bad so I might check fresh cut cuz i heard they do good

harveys is 15

but i always hit my dude Bret with dub for the clean 2 to bald, keep the points and blade treatment

Originally Posted by SC415

Is fine line barbershop on point?..

they seem to do good work but I have seen some dudes get their hairlines pulled back hella far.

Originally Posted by Gabeomatic

Chicago Divisadero > Chicago Fillmore

Ricks/ @#%$ Barbershop on Geary st. are good if you want something nice and quick, razor line up + massage for $11

Frolian from Brothers is good.

Harvey's is good, but the prices went up

I went to Ricks a few weeks ago by pure luck (looking for a new spot), I almost knocked his head off when he first tried to give me a message.
laugh.gif
Anyways, it's a good spot if you want a nice and quiet cut, but thatline-up had my face irritated for a while because I never got lined-up with a razor.

can anybody post your tapers? i've never had one and i really dont' know how it looks, i mean i've seen some but not really up close so if you guyscan post your tapers it'd be cool.

Anyone know a good place to get a fro shaped?

EDIT:

Originally Posted by pogiwun

MCC - check out Chicago II on Divisadero. All of the barbers are on point. I've seen the OG black guy and Ken do fro shape.

Thanks. I'll check it out sometime and update my post.

MCC - check out Chicago II on Divisadero. All of the barbers are on point. I've seen the OG black guy and Ken do fro shape.

anyone else go to OffTops on Geneva and Mission?.... Hit up Ant, he's legit.

I was a regular at the San Mateo Zoo when they opened, but it was a little too far for me. Went back a couple times here and there, but had bad experiences.Shane is always good people and the shop is cool, but Carlo ran an hour late on my appointment and rushed me in and out of the chair on a few occasions. Ifyou're charging that much for a cut, you should space out the appointments better and be a bit more professional instead of squeezing your friends in.

On another note, anyone know someone who can do a legit bald fade in the Walnut Creek area.

I need a good spot in the city. My hair is pretty long right now, a little past my shoulders, and I'm thinkin bout choppin it off. I'm tryin to get aclean taper and a nice line up but wanna leave a little but up top. Any help?

Chicago II - 415-921-1303

Anton - 650-766-4655

Yeah Chicago II does walk in... expect to wait for HOURS though on Friday and Saturday. Anton and Ken are the illest. Anton is the only Filipino barber he isthe first chair and black dude next to him is Ken. I've been there a couple times on Friday before they were even open and a couple cats were waiting. Ihad to wait 2 hours just to get in the chair. I haven't been to Chicago II in a min but I think Anton still does appointments on Weds and it's $25 plustip. Regular cut without appointment is $18. Chicago II is hands down the best barbershop in SF.

Fine Line - I've been going to Ritchie since the 1st month they opened up. $!5 a cut. Not sure what days the appointment are. He is pretty good. Not asclean as Anton. I usually go on Fridays right when they open and don't ever have to wait longer than 15-20 min. They now have 3 chairs. i heard that DeeRock is the best but I stay with Ritchie. The 3rd chair is some black cat I don't know his name.

Kingz & Queenz - Kevin is probably the illest one. He's the asian dude 1st chair. Whatever you do... DO NOT go to the cat named LIL DAD or whatever thehell dudes name is. He is the 2nd chair. I had an appointment with him to get a lineup and his boy came in and had to wait an hour. His boy is a rapper namedDA ROBBA haha. He gave me his cd. This dude is hella unprofessional. Tell me why dude is the middle of cutting a clients hair and he just walks out to saywassup to his homeboys haha. He did that and even went on a restroom break. My homeboy Terrell was telling me that he is the wackest one.

San Mateo Zoo - I never been to the Zoo but I heard they are mad expensive. I know a couple of cats who work at the Zoo through my homeboy Kenole. One of thecats went to my school and played ball. I live in SF and would not drive all the way to San Mateo for a haircut. Gas $ and bridge $ forget that.

I stopped going to barbers because it just cost too damn much. My hair grows too damn fast and I got straight hair so i can't really do much with my hairexcept tapers , caesars, and bald fades . I know some of the cats on Niketalk go twice a week spending $50 on haircuts.

i think Fine Line changed their days for appointments but call anyways since i think they take appointments everyday now anyways. I've only gone to Ritchiea couple of times already and got rushed the last time i was there since he was behind, other than that he's cool. and the dude in the 3rd chair is Dillon,only went to him for a line up and it was cool.

and where's Kingz & Queenz at ?

and i'm with ya pogiwun, can't afford to be getting cut weekly or even twice a month. i don't even know what half the cuts are called.. triedgetting a fade and got hit with "bald fade or shadow fade?" didn't even know what a shadow fade was. and how many names can there be for points,icicles, etc.? what do you call it if you just wanted it to go with your natural hairline?

Kingz & Queenz - 830 Holloway Avenue Yeah just tell the barber "bald fade" with a 1 on top. When I get a "lineup" I tell him lineupwith icepicks... I just shave my head skin bald (word to Jordan) with Fusion blade. Eff spending $ haha.

Good lookin out pogi, i'm gonna try to get a cut by anton next week
pimp.gif

Fine line appointments are tuesday and thursday.
1st time I went I got a cut from dillon, but then went to derrick the cuts were on point and he was using the straight blade to finish the line ups. Recentlyhe hasn't been using the straight blade so I might swithc back to dillon.

Back
Top Bottom