Best BBall kicks excluding Nikes list

IMO, the best basketball shoes made to date excluding Nikes are:
Reebok:
Iverson Question
Iverson Playoff
Adidas:
1.1 Intelligent Shoes
Gil Zero Ones

Never really like the TMAC & Promodels. The Adidas Original KB8's should def be in there as top 5. Not the retros tho.

Originally Posted by bballgeniusyml

Never really like the TMAC & Promodels. The Adidas Original KB8's should def be in there as top 5. Not the retros tho.
well then I guess the question shouldn't count then since the retros don't compare to the OG. and the first t-macs are definately classic,dunno about the other ones.

Check out the review of the reebok talkin' crazy in issue 8 of kicksometer.com...sounds AWESOME. Looks great too. Does anybody out there have a pair ofthese? If I can get one more glowing review I'll pick up a pair.

They also gave really great reviews to the TS Commander and TS Creator...the Commander especially looks great, and after reading the review and the otherreviews here on Niketalk, the Commander looks like one of Adidas' best shoes in years for all positions. Now, all I need to do is decide between Creatorand Commander...any input from Creator owners would be appreciated.

Iverson Question didn't work for me.

T-Mac line never fit me well either.

The best experiences I've had with brands other than Nike:

Converse Wade (technically owned by Nike)
Gil Zero Low
Adidas A3 Pro-Team 2
Game Day Lightning
Team-Mac

The Converse Wade is one of my favorite shoes.

I obviously haven't tried a lot of recent releases due to my having enough bball shoes as it is. But the Creator Low looks great, and I want to try outsome New Balances.

Originally Posted by TheFundamental

the triple deuce is a solid ballin' shoe that deserves respect.

i love the wade 1.3, as well.

what you said
pimp.gif

I reallllly loved my Answer VI's...

The only shoe other than Nike that I really really balled in...

I've never really worn any other brands for BBall besides Reebok and Nike, I've liked some Adidas designs but could never bring myself to buy a pair;with the exception of the Gil Zeros. So with that in mind...

Answer's: X, 1, IX

Adidas Gil Zero Low

Reebok Voyage Mid

Pump Showstopper

Omni-Hexride

personally i only owned Adidas as a kid but what i liked where the First Kobes, and the Answer IXs both were amazing

Adidas Game Day Lightning (GDL) and Game Day Lightning 2 (GDL 2) = Best non-Nike Basketball Kicks EVER (in terms of Looks + Performance)
eyes.gif

Well at least the last 5 years....

81072_600.jpg

985-148873-d.jpg

T-Mac IIs are some of the most beautiful kicks I have ever laid eyes on. I love mine.

And1 Tai Chi
Reebok Question
Adidas Promodel 2G
Adidas A3 Artillery--always liked these for their simplicity, plus full length A3 looks sweet.

And1 2chi, Tai-Chi, Desire, Spreewell shoe (forgot the name), Mystique, and Edge
Converse Wade 1 and 1.3
Adidas Gil Zero
Tmac I, II and VI
Answer I,III and IV
Adidas Pro Model
Adidas Kobe Crazy 1 and Crazy 8

Back
Top Bottom