Best boxing or muay Thai gym in the bay area???

Anyone know of any good gyms to train at with a reasonable price?? I need to get back into shape ASAP!! Thanks!

Heard good things about 3rd street gym and Polk street gym. Both located in San Francisco.

Kings Gym has great prices but they're cash/check only.

No contract, membership is $30/mo and then you can set up how you want to pay for lessons between you and your trainer. Very affordable compared to the other CA gyms I've visited.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

No contract, membership is $30/mo and then you can set up how you want to pay for lessons between you and your trainer. Very affordable compared to the other CA gyms I've visited.

Are you sure? I just checked their website, their prices are pretty expensive. Something like $130 a month

Originally Posted by Iamchris

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Are you sure? I just checked their website, their prices are pretty expensive. Something like $130 a month
Yea I just looked at their website and I'm still pretty sure, even though it looks like their monthly membership has gone up $5 from two years ago.

It's a mom and pop shop, from a coaching standpoint everything is negotiable, you're personal satisfaction is just as important to them as their bottom line.

I'd highly recommend going in person, Mr. King will be there and be more than happy to explain how things work and meet you halfway on an agreement on $$

I was paying $60/mo for the monthly membership plus two one hour training sessions a week. That's less than $5 a hour for 1 on 1 coaching.

I got a couple friends that go to El Niño Training Center in SF and True Fight Club in Hayward. They been there for a while and heard nothing but good stuff about both places.

there are so many good gyms in the bay. u got to narrow it down to what area u want to train at. i train at fight and fitness in the city. i think they charge 120 a month unlimeted classes boxing mt and bjj. the going price is around 120 a month for unlimted cleasses give or take. some places charge 180-200 a month!

Well if your still looking for a gym, theres one in Richmond called chai yo muay thai. Gym is owned by the only grand master in the bay area, master cheetah and he shows tradition muay boran or just muay thai in general. We also receive special guest every once in a while like on October 2nd we will have the trainer who made buakaw who he is, master jood. Look him up on google and check the gym out its pretty much brand new since it opened February

Plus the gym at chai yo muay thai is $89 a month which I super cheap compared to other places.

Isn't King's Gym in the hood? That place has a lot of history, though. Andre Ward and Virgil Hunter.

Cheetah Muay Thai in Oakland - Ra Karma and Cheetah will kick your *** into shape.

Dek Wat Muay Thai is in Oakland also, they used to work at Cheetah. New facility, equipment and wide open warehouse space.

While world team usa is great prepare for your pockets to be r*aped by kru sam.

Best bang for your buck is Fight and Fitness. El Nino is great as well.

RIP SF Fairtex :frown:

Last edited:
^Guess you 2 have been/go there? Have a friend who just recently went back after a year or two hiatus. Have another friend going to AKA in San Jose.

Anyone heard anything about Dragon House? Asking since it's close to me and my friend also told me about the World Team USA rates.

Warriors muay thair through profactionMMA in vallejo CA, we have 3 west coast champs and a fighter going pro

^Guess you 2 have been/go there? Have a friend who just recently went back after a year or two hiatus. Have another friend going to AKA in San Jose.

Anyone heard anything about Dragon House? Asking since it's close to me and my friend also told me about the World Team USA rates.

Personally I would rather pay to go to world team usa than dragon house. I trained at world team usa for a lilttle bit before moving onto to fight and fitness and finally fairtex. Like I said Kru sam will rape your pockets(ie you HAVE to wear their shirt and shorts), but the training is legit.

as far as vallejo my nig dino pagtakhan teaches at knuckle up so i have to recommend that school. :smokin

Last edited:
IMC Martial Arts in San Jose. I went to jiu-jitsu on Tuesday and it was great. Arash Dibazar knows his stuff. He's the head instructor and was my first instructor for tkd. 

Back
Top Bottom