best buy open box

has anyone ever purchased a lcd/led tv from best buy as an open box?
today i purchased a led tv at a 500 discount but now having second thoughts since it was an open box.  
any one mind sharing their experience with this?

Not a TV, actually did a floor model washer dryer and it was an amazing deal. No issues whatever, and covered by warranty and everything.

You shouldn't have any problems, enjoy your new TV. :D

someone in the black friday thread said Best Buy has this 30 day (or 3 month?) return policy, no questions asked.  He said he gets a returns it and gets a new TV every time he the return date gets closer.  
laugh.gif

edit:  does open box mean display TV?  If so those TVs are on 14+ hours a day 
sick.gif

Last edited:
return policy is actually 15 days only no questions asked.

the guy said it was not a floor model but it was a customer return.  he does not know exactly why they returned it but he says it happens all the time.

the warranty they have available is a 4 yr for $500, maybe i should've purchased that?

someone in the black friday thread said Best Buy has this 30 day (or 3 month?) return policy, no questions asked.  He said he gets a returns it and gets a new TV every time he the return date gets closer.  :lol:  

edit:  does open box mean display TV?  If so those TVs are on 14+ hours a day :x

Returned item.

I copped an open item Nikon camera, two years ago, and it's still working.

got my Mac for 100 less from open box. Works just fine and didn't have any scratches nor dents. i won :pimp:

return policy is actually 15 days only no questions asked.
the guy said it was not a floor model but it was a customer return.  he does not know exactly why they returned it but he says it happens all the time.
the warranty they have available is a 4 yr for $500, maybe i should've purchased that?

You think buying a 4 year warranty is worth it? C'mon man.

You think buying a 4 year warranty is worth it? C'mon man.
na thats why i did not purchase it.

i did purchase the open box as all the new ones were sold out.

they are not receiving any until post christmas

i may just use the open box as a temp and then return for a brand new one

I purchased a open box no remote, no box,  Sony Bravia XBR open box 4 years ago for like 900 off of msrp, and it is still going strong. Best purchase I every made. I did not purchase any extended warranty, I never purchase the warranties. The manufacturer warranty is usually the same for the first, you just have to ship the product yourself.I would rather buy a $800 product, as oppose to a $500 product with $300 store warranty. The way electronics especially TV's get cheaper, an extended warranty is the cost of a tv with same specifications 2 years later.

Back
Top Bottom