Best Buy testing price matching of used games

[h2]Best Buytesting price matching of used games[/h2]
by Andrew Yoon { Aug 7th 2009 at 1:00PM }

"Why buy used when you can buy new?" asks a new Best Buy retail display discovered in West Jordan, Utah [via CAG]. According to the poster, Best Buy will offer new video games for the same price as usedequivalents from GameStop and GameCrazy. With GameStop's used prices at least $5 cheaper than retail price, shoppers are guaranteed to get a small discounton every new game at this Best Buy location.

It's currently unclear if this is a nationwide Best Buy policy, or if it's simply a localized test. We've contacted Best Buy for more information,and will update the story with an official statement. Until then, let us know if your local Best Buy is alsoparticipating in this program. Update: A Best Buy representative informed us that this is, indeed, a local test and not a nationwide program.Hopefully, the "test" proves positive, as we'd love to see this program expand.

if this was nation wide
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Update: A Best Buy representative informed us that this is, indeed, a local test and not a nationwide program. Hopefully, the "test" proves positive, as we'd love to see this program expand.

Originally Posted by meangene

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

i thought the only way to price match at best buy was to see it in a ad so how would this work?

well isn't it obvious they're going away from that for this offer?

I'm sure they'll cross reference with the GS site

i been to that west jordan best buy, but still spending over 50 bucks on a game??? not for me, got better things to buy

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

then what if gamestop cuts the used game price?

price-cutting wars ftw

its a game best buy will lose easily think about it gamestop makes at LEAST 100% profit off its used games, they could take $5 off every used game and STILLmake a killing best buys profit on NEW games is marginal as is, if they cut prices on their new games theyre gonna take a fat L

Back
Top Bottom