Best Buy vol. Best Job to Take

I know that.. It shouldnt really effect me as a part timer.. but still very curious

Arent we getting the blue-crew bucks next paycheck?

My store ran our district so we are def. getting paid. Great way to leave BBY.

CHEA
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

CHEA
pimp.gif

frown.gif

We litterally missed blue-crew by like .02 %...
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

CHEA
pimp.gif

frown.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
Ahhh, Blue-Crew bucks. Another way to get you to work "harder" for less..

BBY is a company that honestly doesn't care about its employees. The managers just care about numbers because that is how they make their bread and butter.They get bonuses based on their comps, and if your department isn't putting up numbers, you better expect to get talked to as if you are three years old.

Blue crew bucks are a joke, its a carrot they stick in your face to motivate you to work hard, a myth! I worked computers for about two years, and loved it atfirst, but grew to hate it. The leads and managers are incompetent, and you are really just a cog in the machine.

If possible, find a job, or position within the company where you have some kind of significance. Join the department that needs the most help, and tell yourmanagers that you will make sure that departments turns around and generates some serious revenue, that way you stand out, and stay on the managers good side.If they attribute the department's success to your work efforts, then you will not only have job security, but you will get more hours, and the promotionwhen the time comes.

Best Buy is a good company to have worked for, because it looks good on your resume when you leave the company and pursue another job in sales. Just make themost of it, work hard, and don't take anything personal, because after all, the manager's have to get paid too, and they use some wild tactics and talkto you crazy to try and motivate you.

Originally Posted by MHT214

Cragmatic wrote:

JordanPP30 wrote:

CHEA
pimp.gif

frown.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif

Ahhh, Blue-Crew bucks. Another way to get you to work "harder" for less..

I always work the same regardless ha ha

Fact is though you are gonna deal with the same BS at most places... This is my third job I've had and I'm 21 right now... Worked at target for 2 yearsin HS and been at BBY for a year and a half. Started off making quite a bit more then I ever did at target and already had 3 raises... so its not THAT bad of ajob... and I hope its not this bad company wide... but the leadership at our store is AWFUL. It sickens me that my supervisor refuses to sell in our departmentbecause he is "too busy" with other things.. so the appliances supe, or home theater supe will sell in our department... really now?? Other supes cansell in our department but our own supervisor cant? I could go on forever about this...

Sad thing is... HALF the store wrote terrible things about him in our viewpoint survey... twice now.. and of course nothing is done about it

Originally Posted by majik214

BBY is a company that honestly doesn't care about its employees. The managers just care about numbers because that is how they make their bread and butter. They get bonuses based on their comps, and if your department isn't putting up numbers, you better expect to get talked to as if you are three years old.

Blue crew bucks are a joke, its a carrot they stick in your face to motivate you to work hard, a myth! I worked computers for about two years, and loved it at first, but grew to hate it. The leads and managers are incompetent, and you are really just a cog in the machine.

If possible, find a job, or position within the company where you have some kind of significance. Join the department that needs the most help, and tell your managers that you will make sure that departments turns around and generates some serious revenue, that way you stand out, and stay on the managers good side. If they attribute the department's success to your work efforts, then you will not only have job security, but you will get more hours, and the promotion when the time comes.

Best Buy is a good company to have worked for, because it looks good on your resume when you leave the company and pursue another job in sales. Just make the most of it, work hard, and don't take anything personal, because after all, the manager's have to get paid too, and they use some wild tactics and talk to you crazy to try and motivate you.
Hit it right on the head, Karl Marx theory FTL..
eyes.gif

so what are these changes...? im kinda getting a lil worried. I was talking to a mgr last night. and i told her my attendance is gonna be iffy on that day. 730on a saturday....come on now

My store usually has a 7 am meeting about once a month... so nothing new for us as far the early meeting goes

i would think a person with 10,000 posts on this forum would know about things fading into bolivian
Wasn't the quote "fade into bolivia"?

But on to the topic. WORK IN DIGITAL IMAGING. easiest dept. I worked in computers for a year then DI the rest. You're busy like 5 times a year and itsprobably the easiest dept to sell in. If you buy a camera or camcorder you got to get some of the accessories, (bag, bigger memory, tapes, etc) Thedownstocking is easy because its just small boxes underneath the displays. 80% of my time there was spent playing on Rhapsody and surfing the web. Or my every45 minute mandatory smoke break. I used to call Loss Prevention and have them put the camera on DI as I went outside and did what I wanted.

Yea... lately I'm jealous of people working in DI... it is ALWAYS busy in computers...and people in DI never have to close...

i hate it when they under staff computers. They come right to my dept asking questions. Im like im not a sales associate. I hate it when they call us or theytransfer calls as well. Asking to hold laptops...no im not.

Yea... lately I'm jealous of people working in DI... it is ALWAYS busy in computers...and people in DI never have to close...

lol. I had DI closed an hour before we closed. Everything up/downstocked, vacuumed everything. I was out the door as soon as the meeting was over. Once in ablue moon some douche bag would come in at 8:45 and want me to explain stuff to them. That would piss me off more than anything. The managers never botheredwith me though. I was ALWAYS 10% PSP and 40% accessories. I know its changed now with the plans since I've worked there, but at that time if you exceededcompany goals managers didn't say a word to you. I was late EVERY shift. I mean it was a running game between me and my friend. We wanted to see how manytimes we could be late before they said something to us, and since our numbers were always at the top we never heard a thing.

Originally Posted by stevielips

lol. I had DI closed an hour before we closed. Everything up/downstocked, vacuumed everything. I was out the door as soon as the meeting was over. Once in a blue moon some douche bag would come in at 8:45 and want me to explain stuff to them. That would piss me off more than anything. The managers never bothered with me though. I was ALWAYS 10% PSP and 40% accessories. I know its changed now with the plans since I've worked there, but at that time if you exceeded company goals managers didn't say a word to you. I was late EVERY shift. I mean it was a running game between me and my friend. We wanted to see how many times we could be late before they said something to us, and since our numbers were always at the top we never heard a thing.

Sounds like you were a great employee..

Back
Top Bottom