Best Credit Cards with Rewards

Hey Niketalk,

I was checking in to see if anyone had any good recommendations for credit cards with rewards. I'm mainly getting this to build credit, but I want one that offers the best rewards. Interest isn't a big deal because I plan on paying the full amount each month. I usually use my debit card for everything, but decided it makes more sense to build my credit with a credit card and reap the benefits of the rewards that are offered through the various cards.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Ive been in the Credit Card Points game for 5 years now. I use all of my points on travel. My top two cards that i have are.

Chase Sapphire
2x Points on Dinning & Transportation

AMEX Gold Charge Card (The annul fee is $200 :smh:)
2x points Gas & Groceries
3x on Flights

^how does the travel thing work out? It seems like you get just as much if not more in cash back compared to the price of airfare.

Chase Sapphire is awesome, you can trade your reward points for miles and it's 1:1 with all the major airlines and their networks.

Chase Freedom has been the best for me. 1% on all purchases, 5% on purchases that fall within certain categories each quarter. They also have an option to shop through their website to get additional points when buying stuff online. I've been curious about the Sapphire but I don't see how it's better than what I already have

^how does the travel thing work out? It seems like you get just as much if not more in cash back compared to the price of airfare.

Works great. You just have to educate yourself on different rewards programs.

Bonus points and sign on bonus are what make me choose points over cashback.

Works great. You just have to educate yourself on different rewards programs.

Bonus points and sign on bonus are what make me choose points over cashback.

Could you elaborate? Like how many points for a free ticket to Miami? How much cashback could you get with those points and how much does the ticket cost if you were to buy it off priceline or something? I have WF and everytime I do the math it's better to get the cashback and just buy whatever you were gonna get.

Could you elaborate? Like how many points for a free ticket to Miami? How much cashback could you get with those points and how much does the ticket cost if you were to buy it off priceline or something? I have WF and everytime I do the math it's better to get the cashback and just buy whatever you were gonna get.

Yeah no problem. To be honest i wouldn't us points to travel in the US unless it was SW or British airways. Points are best used for international travel.

The cashback that Chase and Amex offer on my CC are 10000 points = $100 US. Which comes out to 1 cent per point.

For my Honeymoon, I went to Dubai, London, & Paris.

The flight cost a total of 60,000 Points and $50 (Taxes & Airport Fees you have to pay).

I spent 5 days in each city.

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Paris, Park Hyatt Dubai & Andaz London.

The Park Hyatt Paris would of cost me $800 a night if i didn't use 25,000 points a night. Which comes out to 3 cent per point.

Last edited:
For the information he's seeking it is more than sufficient.
If you believe so...I haven't seen a single good recommendation from CK
Yeah no problem. To be honest i wouldn't us points to travel in the US unless it was SW or British airways. Points are best used for international travel.

The cashback that Chase and Amex offer on my CC are 10000 points = $100 US. Which comes out to 1 cent per point.

For my Honeymoon, I went to Dubai, London, & Paris.

The flight cost a total of 60,000 Points and $50 (Taxes & Airport Fees you have to pay).

I spent 5 days in each city.

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Paris, Park Hyatt Dubai & Andaz London.

The Park Hyatt Paris would of cost me $800 a night if i didn't use 25,000 points a night. Which comes out to 3 cent per point.
How many points did you have? I think I might do this for when I want to go overseas.

My entire honeymoon cost me around 250,000 Points + 150 bucks in taxes and fees.

Here is another example. Same Flight..

The top is Cash .

2CFl2GQ.jpg

Now this is if i would use points.

HANCCIN.jpg

Last edited:
That is exactly what I want to use... a CC that will offer travel points.. anyone aware of anything with chase that can offer me with traveling? 

This is all great information. I was looking at the BOA one since that is who I use for banking. 3% on gas, 2% on groceries, 1% on everything up to $1,500 per quarter. That isn't very much at all. Say you average out to 2%, thats only $30/quarter, $120/year. Not that great, but it will build credit. The points system seems great, but do the points every expire? I would prefer to save my points, but if they expire, it may not be worth by the time you pay the annual fee, etc. Thanks again!

Chase Sapphire

You can also take advantage of opening a chase freedom and sapphire card if they both offer a good amount of bonus points and merge them together to use for traveling since chase freedom alone doesn't give you the best benefits sapphire does

You can also take advantage of opening a chase freedom and sapphire card if they both offer a good amount of bonus points and merge them together to use for traveling since chase freedom alone doesn't give you the best benefits sapphire does
Sounds good but serious question why people have more than 1 CC? What's the point? 

Sounds good but serious question why people have more than 1 CC? What's the point? 

For myself I have a couple of cards so I can separate work expenses and personal expenses easily. I can put charges on the cards that maximize the points by switching cards too. Also I use my cards quite a bit for work so my card number gets stolen every couple of months, so it's good to have backups.

Another plus to having multiple cards is having a higher credit availability to get a better credit utilization ratio for a better credit score.

My entire honeymoon cost me around 250,000 Points + 150 bucks in taxes and fees.

Here is another example. Same Flight..

The top is Cash .

2CFl2GQ.jpg

Now this is if i would use points.

HANCCIN.jpg

Just clarify you get 1 point for every dollar you spend on the card, correct? And then you get $100 cashback for every 10,000 points? So around 1% cashback?

So does that mean 9000 points for that $780 flight to toronto. So you could almost get $100 cashback or a $780 flight? Thats a dam good deal. And that 5 star in paris for $250 is a dam good deal as well. I'm gonna have to look into this cause it seems like i've been doing it wrong. Thats almost a 10% reward effectively.

Last edited:
My most often used cards:

- Citi Forward: 5% back at restaurants, 5% book stores (includes all Amazon purchases), 5% music, 5% movies
- Amex Blue Cash: 3% grocery, 2% gas
- Discover & Chase Freedom: 5% back from categories that change each quarter
- Chase Southwest: 5x rewards for SW flights, got something like $800 worth of flight points when I first signed up; no foreign transaction fees (good for travel)

I don't have it, but I've read good things about the Sallie Mae Mastercard - 5% cashback on gas, grocery & books (Amazon)

I'm never not baffled by the amount of credit card hate I read. I've gotten tons of cash back from taking advantage of rewards, and I've yet to pay a single cent of interest.

Different cards, different benefits. Higher cumulative credit limit, higher FICO.

Back
Top Bottom