Best Deodorant ??

Most natural deodorants that I've come across and or used aren't antiperspirants, they just have stuff to make you not stink. I try to use themwhenever possible to avoid aluminum, because the extra strength/clinical strength ones have really high amounts.

I've been using Herbal Clear that is hypoallergenic and has lichen to inhibit bacteria. And also J/A/S/O/N Tea tree Melaleuca.

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

First off, deodorant does not stop wetness, it gets rid of odor by destroying the odor causing bacteria and/or masking the odor with fragrance. What you want is an anti-perspirant, which stops wetness via swelling the pores in the underarms to prevent sweat from leaking out. Most "deodorants" are actually anti-perspirants & deodorants, however you need to look at the package to make sure it is what you want. Since odor is caused by bacteria, which flourish in wet environments, if you can find a product that completely stops the wetness you'll find that your underarms smell very little, if at all.

The mistake that most people make is applying anti-perspirant right before you engage in activity or step outside. The product needs time to be absorbed in to the skin and swell the pores up. What i've found is 1.5-2 hours between the application and going out is ideal

I HAD a wetness problem, and tried everything under the sun...until Certain-Dri entered my life

BS_CertainDri_366.jpg

It's pretty much the strongest thing on the market you can get without a prescription, and believe me... it works. Just make sure to get the ROLL ON variety (pictured above) and not the solid (pictured below):

certaindrisolidbox001-266x300.jpg

Follow the directions exactly (i.e....apply it before you go to bed or at least 5 hours before you have to wake up). For added protection I set my alarm 2 hours before I have to wake up and have my Right Guard right beside me and apply a few strokes as well. This combo literally had my arms arid dry while the rest of my body was drenched when I was working my moving job these past few 90 degree days in NYC.

Thank me later.

eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
What's that face for? TheBachellor answeredexactly what the OP was asking

If you are sweating, you need a antipersperint. For that I swear by Certain Dri. You apply it once at night, and you should be dry for a week.
hell no a week

it only worked for me if I used it like every 2 days

and I'm off antiperspirant I just use regular deodorant, I heard antiperspirant is what messes up your white shirts

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by seniosoul

I thought someone had a remedy on NT for not using Deodorant
I don't know why it has aluminum in it... isn't that a toxic metal
I remember that thread about aluminum and its being toxic. Arm and Hammer makes a good natural deodorant, but I'm pretty sure that it's not an antiperspirant.
arm-hammer-essentials-natural-deodorant-unscented-25-oz-31671.jpg
It seemed like no matter what i used (clinical strength, certain-dri, whatev) it did not help at all; and i followed the directions exactly. Afterawhile I started using a clinical at night (according to the directions), and a regular one when I woke up in the A.M. and even that didnt work. I got tired ofspending money on expensive anti-perspirants and white tees (3 wear/washes with all that aluminum and it looked like someone peed on your shirt), so I decidedthat if I'm gonna sweat I'd rather just use a natural deodorant because it would be cheaper, save my white tees and, not subject my body to so muchaluminum absorbtion. I had some extra sticks of that Arm & Hammer pictured above and started using that. Surprisingly, it works really well at keeping medry. I still do have some minor sweat, but its nothing noticable like I used to experience when using anti-perspirants. I don't know why it's this waybut I'm satisfied and would recommend trying this stuff.

Originally Posted by drock2010

If you are sweating, you need a antipersperint. For that I swear by Certain Dri. You apply it once at night, and you should be dry for a week.
hell no a week

it only worked for me if I used it like every 2 days

and I'm off antiperspirant I just use regular deodorant, I heard antiperspirant is what messes up your white shirts

yea it does...anti perspirant used to irritate my arms like hell...i dont think speed stick is....and my arms be dry as hell now

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

First off, deodorant does not stop wetness, it gets rid of odor by destroying the odor causing bacteria and/or masking the odor with fragrance. What you want is an anti-perspirant, which stops wetness via swelling the pores in the underarms to prevent sweat from leaking out. Most "deodorants" are actually anti-perspirants & deodorants, however you need to look at the package to make sure it is what you want. Since odor is caused by bacteria, which flourish in wet environments, if you can find a product that completely stops the wetness you'll find that your underarms smell very little, if at all.

The mistake that most people make is applying anti-perspirant right before you engage in activity or step outside. The product needs time to be absorbed in to the skin and swell the pores up. What i've found is 1.5-2 hours between the application and going out is ideal

I HAD a wetness problem, and tried everything under the sun...until Certain-Dri entered my life

BS_CertainDri_366.jpg

It's pretty much the strongest thing on the market you can get without a prescription, and believe me... it works. Just make sure to get the ROLL ON variety (pictured above) and not the solid (pictured below):

certaindrisolidbox001-266x300.jpg

Follow the directions exactly (i.e....apply it before you go to bed or at least 5 hours before you have to wake up). For added protection I set my alarm 2 hours before I have to wake up and have my Right Guard right beside me and apply a few strokes as well. This combo literally had my arms arid dry while the rest of my body was drenched when I was working my moving job these past few 90 degree days in NYC.

Thank me later.
Good info, but why do I feel like this is somehow bad for you? Wouldn't the water retention caused by the swollen pores do something? IDK.
laugh.gif

why do sum ppl only use DEODORANT?...all it does is cover up the smell.

you need ANTIPERSPIRANT & DEODORANT to stop the actual sweating and smell good

am i know only one who realizes this?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by NewZ05

why do sum ppl only use DEODORANT?...all it does is cover up the smell.

you need ANTIPERSPIRANT & DEODORANT to stop the actual sweating and smell good

am i know only one who realizes this?
nerd.gif
some people don't sweat as much as others so antiperspirant isn't necessary

lucky a-holes
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom