Best Friend or Girlfriend?

If she can't handle the fact that your best friend is a girl, dump her. Like DearWinter said I do NOT tolerate jealousy.

I use to have a similar situation. My gf just forgot about my best friend eventually cause she moved to another state for college.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

shes ur best friend and u only see her 3 times a year..talk a couple times a month? whats that about?
They're not true best friends. Refer to my previous post. I'm telling you, we need a whole back story for this to all make sense.
laugh.gif
Nowadays "best friend" means a person that I tried/wanted toget with at one point and now I can't/won't anymore so I call them my best friend so that I can still have a chance/lead them on.

Yeah, my ex HATED my best friend... then again I understand cuz everyone and their mom knew I was going hard for her for some time. Anyway, my bff is currentlyin the process of luring in some dude and it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would... everyone is certain me and her will end up together, butthat's a story for the blog....

BACK TO YOUR SITUATION: NEVER choose a girl over a friend. If you really do care about this girl you have to let her know to stop being insecure. There is areason why you are with her in the first place. The reason I couldn't be with my ex was because of her insecurities. She didn't like it when I hung outwith my friends at all. She even thought me and my best friend were going to "fall in love" on prom night like in the movies
smh.gif
. Now she joined the Marines, got married and has a kid (not sure which of the last twohappened first). She says she is happy with her life so I guess from my experience, it was good to let her go.

say she had a male best friend and she talks/does/whatever with him as much as you do with your female best friend ... would you be ok with it?

if the answers yes (and i mean truly yes), then you gonna have to wormk it out ...

if the answers no then you gonn ahave to decide who is more important to you ...

and i forgot to add she has the same history with her best male friend as you do with your best female friend ...

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

I find this interesting. A lot of people are saying Best Friend and I agree with them, but typically on Niketalk if it were a different situation and the op was a female and the best friend was a guy, the responses would NOT be even close to this. Gotta love double standards!
Spot on. Cats here are all saying bestfriend, but if their girlfriends have guys for bestfriends, I'm not sure they'll still sing the same tune especially if their chick has had a history with the bestfriend.
See this is exactly the response I was waiting for
laugh.gif

First off, as a guy I've never had a best friend that was a girl so I don't know how that feels in particular. But, it seems mostly warranted from mypersonal experience that it's ok for girls to have "best guy friends," but not the other way around because of insecurities and etc. Kind ofweird how you guys bring up the polar opposite point of view. I'm not objecting to any of my future girlfriends to have a "best friend whose aguy" but I definitely gotta trust them in that department before anything were to go down on a serious note.

Oh and to the OP: I would choose the best friend (history or not) friends are usually there much longer in your life than Significant Others. And if this girl,actually knows your history and what kind of girls you've been with, obviously she would get along with whomever regardless of the girl (even if yourcurrent lady is frustrated with her) just saying...

Back
Top Bottom