Best Laptop for College Student? Help me out

Well im finally a college student and im about to transfer to a university next semester for engineering. But i wasnt sure which laptop i should get. i dontwant to play games or nothing like that i just want one that...
-runs fast
-doesnt break easily
-is not too heavy
-will last me a while
-and other stuff you might think a college engineer major may need

PRICE DOES NOT MATTER. i just want the best one. im sure i can get a few $$ outta my parents. plus christmas is coming up. and i got a new job.

please help me out i dont want to pay big $$$ for a piece of #%%+ laptop

macbook_20081124.jpg

Whatever you get, make sure you get the best warranty that comes with it. While I was in China, Dell sent someone (someone who works for Dell in China) to meto replace my motherboard right in front of my eyes.

I'd go w/ a dell. What university are you going to? They might have the dell program at your new school. Go to Delluniversity.com .U'll get some gooddeals and what not, whether it be discounts, free w/ the purchase..., etc. But as far as specs, since your going to school for engineering, u may have to haveprograms on ur laptop for coursework so get 100+gb HD, 2+gb ram and whatever u want as far as extra percs (optical drive, sound/video card, etc. ) Also springextra for the 9cell battery, lasts longer. Hope I helped a lil
smile.gif

z_overview_power.jpg

Vaio z series
pimp.gif

I got one for college, and its pretty light (~3 pounds) for such fast performance. The carbon fiber casing doesn't hurt either.

They're not that much better, but their among the best with the qualifications you supplied; like I said you can get the previous model for cheaper.

Originally Posted by bkdan1

Whatever you get, make sure you get the best warranty that comes with it. While I was in China, Dell sent someone (someone who works for Dell in China) to me to replace my motherboard right in front of my eyes.

yeah i used to do that for dell...well not in china but here in the US
laugh.gif
.dell ftw although i still want a macbook my money just aint right yet for that

If you get a Mac, make sure any engineering programs you might use will be able to be used with OSX. As for Windows, which is my personal favorite, I'drecommend a Dell, as I've never had any problems with their laptops.

Back
Top Bottom