Best Methods to Take Notes for Class/Learn the Material?

So ever since I got to college, I never found a consistent way to take notes and learn the material for class. For example, for some classes I would take notes in class with a laptop and for other classes I would take notes while reading the textbook at home.

What's the way that seems to work for you the best? I would assume the best method is the method that allows you to study the material most conveniently for exams.

So ever since I got to college, I never found a consistent way to take notes and learn the material for class. For example, for some classes I would take notes in class with a laptop and for other classes I would take notes while reading the textbook at home.

What's the way that seems to work for you the best? I would assume the best method is the method that allows you to study the material most conveniently for exams.

I need some advice & tips on this too
nerd.gif

Which way helps YOU the most lol? You mentioned taking notes by laptop and taking notes by reading textbook. So which method do you prefer?

For me, I take everything off my mind and only focus on the subject/topic being taught with attentive attention in class...then jot down the most important things. When I go home, I review the lesson that was taught in class by reading the lesson/chapter in the textbook to see if I missed out on anything.

But the most important is to not doze off while taking notes.

I personally take notes with a notebook,, not necessarily  becuase I'll look it over later but because writing  information  down is very helpful for me. Depending on the course and final, I'll use flash cards.

I personally take notes with a notebook,, not necessarily  becuase I'll look it over later but because writing  information  down is very helpful for me. Depending on the course and final, I'll use flash cards.

Which way helps YOU the most lol? You mentioned taking notes by laptop and taking notes by reading textbook. So which method do you prefer?

For me, I take everything off my mind and only focus on the subject/topic being taught with attentive attention in class...then jot down the most important things. When I go home, I review the lesson that was taught in class by reading the lesson/chapter in the textbook to see if I missed out on anything.

Well at Queens College and in the presence of Asian girls who realize I am from Ithaca taking a year off of school by going to school for a year, I find that the best way to take notes is to announce my superiority and scare the instructor into quickly providing me the relevant points. Then, I write in red ink (of course) and whisper repeatedly to myself that, yes, I truly am the greatest.

Well at Queens College and in the presence of Asian girls who realize I am from Ithaca taking a year off of school by going to school for a year, I find that the best way to take notes is to announce my superiority and scare the instructor into quickly providing me the relevant points. Then, I write in red ink (of course) and whisper repeatedly to myself that, yes, I truly am the greatest.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

roll.gif

I swear I'm not cocky.

roll.gif

I swear I'm not cocky.

I write all my notes in a notebook and try to write stuff down as the professor's talking. If it's a lecture class where the material is related to what's on the final (esp. for engineering/math subjects), I think this is really important, rather than just looking at it and going, "yeah, yeah, I know what it is" just copy it all down. That definitely helped me with my engineering classes.

I write all my notes in a notebook and try to write stuff down as the professor's talking. If it's a lecture class where the material is related to what's on the final (esp. for engineering/math subjects), I think this is really important, rather than just looking at it and going, "yeah, yeah, I know what it is" just copy it all down. That definitely helped me with my engineering classes.

roll.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by VietStar

Writing the notes in class then reading the chapter right after you get home...I've actually never tried that before.

Back
Top Bottom