Best online savings account?.. ING Direct? AMEX Personal Savings?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I have some extra funds I don't even want to look at for the next 6 months (minimum).. Rather than keeping it in my regular bank account, any way I can make it grow until I figure out what I want to do with it? Can anyone school me on these online savings accounts?

happy.gif

[/color]
http://home.ingdirect.com/index.html[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]

[/color]http://personalsavings.americanexpress.com/[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]

[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I have some extra funds I don't even want to look at for the next 6 months (minimum).. Rather than keeping it in my regular bank account, any way I can make it grow until I figure out what I want to do with it? Can anyone school me on these online savings accounts?

happy.gif

[/color]
http://home.ingdirect.com/index.html[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]

[/color]http://personalsavings.americanexpress.com/[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]

[/color]

me three. I currently park my money at ING Direct, but I am a loyal customer of Amex. I didnt realize they have their own online savings program. If its any better I will move it over in an instant.

me three. I currently park my money at ING Direct, but I am a loyal customer of Amex. I didnt realize they have their own online savings program. If its any better I will move it over in an instant.

i have an ING checking account...

i just put money in there and forget about it most of the time...it hasnt collected much interest but at least its not in my primary savings where i'm tempted to mess with it

i just put money in there and forget about it most of the time...it hasnt collected much interest but at least its not in my primary savings where i'm tempted to mess with it

At 6 months would it even make a difference. If you dont mind how much are you looking to invest? Honestly you could just spend it on boat load of hyped sneakers at retail and flip them to make more money than any savings account out there right now. Hell better than all the CDs.

At 6 months would it even make a difference. If you dont mind how much are you looking to invest? Honestly you could just spend it on boat load of hyped sneakers at retail and flip them to make more money than any savings account out there right now. Hell better than all the CDs.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i kinda do the same thing.  the fact that it takes 2 days to transfer from my ING to my checking (also 2-3 mouse clicks) makes me think twice about touching it.

Ing Savings is about 1.10 right now

Easily to move money around although it takes about 3 days.
Great great customer service. Phone and email service is great.
Referrals get you $10 per friend.
$25 bonus if you open from a referral link ( i can send you one if you need just pm your email)

Amex is about 1.30
dont know much about them, planning on moving to them once my returns come from the feds.

Been looking into there free checking (ing) since all banks are almost charging you for using there "free" checking.
Ing basically is free atms they use McDonalds ,cvs ,duane reades , dunkin donuts atms which to me is easier to find then banking atms.
Plus you get a little .25% rate on a free checking account which is very Rare. They send pre-paid envelopes and you just mail them your checks
not sure if they have an iphone app where you can just take a picture of the check like chase does. sorry for all the erros hard to type on iphone while pretending to work...

Ing Savings is about 1.10 right now

Easily to move money around although it takes about 3 days.
Great great customer service. Phone and email service is great.
Referrals get you $10 per friend.
$25 bonus if you open from a referral link ( i can send you one if you need just pm your email)

Amex is about 1.30
dont know much about them, planning on moving to them once my returns come from the feds.

Been looking into there free checking (ing) since all banks are almost charging you for using there "free" checking.
Ing basically is free atms they use McDonalds ,cvs ,duane reades , dunkin donuts atms which to me is easier to find then banking atms.
Plus you get a little .25% rate on a free checking account which is very Rare. They send pre-paid envelopes and you just mail them your checks
not sure if they have an iphone app where you can just take a picture of the check like chase does. sorry for all the erros hard to type on iphone while pretending to work...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i kinda do the same thing.  the fact that it takes 2 days to transfer from my ING to my checking (also 2-3 mouse clicks) makes me think twice about touching it.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

At 6 months would it even make a difference. If you dont mind how much are you looking to invest? Honestly you could just spend it on boat load of hyped sneakers at retail and make more money than any savings account out there right now. Hell better than all the CDs.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Not much of a difference, but still would rather keep it in one of these accounts as opposed to my checking.. and I'm not looking to invest, just have close to a thousand that I have no immediate use for (absolutely none).. If I see some some kicks I can flip, I'll take that opportunity, but honestly, that %%#+ is too tiring and haven't done that quite some time[/color]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TBwsf

Amex is about 1.30
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Yeah I'm looking for some insight particularly on Amex and their service [/color]
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

At 6 months would it even make a difference. If you dont mind how much are you looking to invest? Honestly you could just spend it on boat load of hyped sneakers at retail and make more money than any savings account out there right now. Hell better than all the CDs.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Not much of a difference, but still would rather keep it in one of these accounts as opposed to my checking.. and I'm not looking to invest, just have close to a thousand that I have no immediate use for (absolutely none).. If I see some some kicks I can flip, I'll take that opportunity, but honestly, that %%#+ is too tiring and haven't done that quite some time[/color]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TBwsf

Amex is about 1.30
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Yeah I'm looking for some insight particularly on Amex and their service [/color]
nerd.gif

Yea any information on amex savings would help me too. Good thing about online savings is easy to forget about money. rates are not high but there certainly higher then brick and mortar banks.

Do not wanna high jack the thread but any information on ings free checking will be helpful too.

Yea any information on amex savings would help me too. Good thing about online savings is easy to forget about money. rates are not high but there certainly higher then brick and mortar banks.

Do not wanna high jack the thread but any information on ings free checking will be helpful too.

I use www.ally.com  when I signed up it was at 1.25% but now I think it's currently 1.1%  They have a few different accounts you can sign up for.  Easy to use and easy to transfer money...

I use www.ally.com  when I signed up it was at 1.25% but now I think it's currently 1.1%  They have a few different accounts you can sign up for.  Easy to use and easy to transfer money...

I would highly recommend ING.  You won't get much interest putting it in there at 1.1%, but it'll be safe, and they also have a great user interface (on the iphone & Android as well) in addition to great customer service.  Putting $1000 in there for 6 mo. will get you around $5 in interest.  Once again, not much, but putting it somewhere where you're not going to touch it is better than the alternative.

Back
Top Bottom