Best Performer of all time!

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

and to the person who said Beyonce and Usher
indifferent.gif
Fall back. I'm not the one to even be questioning
laugh.gif

For the record, Beyonce and Usher are THE FIRST artists that have been able to do highly intense choreographed routines all while singing LIVE and sounding as good or better than the record. This was unprecedented because even Mike and Janet used to lip synch on a lot of their performances. They represent the new breed and the evolution of performance.

I would also like to nominate (even though its a group and not one artist), Earth Wind and Fire.

I can't and won't knock B and Usher for what they're able to do, because I'm a fan of them as well, but.....ehhhh.... Mike was touring theworld and performing (Live) on a nightly basis before he was even in his teens, before using backing tracks (let alone lipsynching) was even considered thenorm. Lip-synching certain sections of his performances didn't really come into play til the dangerous tour (more than 2 decades in), when his danceroutines became alot more intricate.
*This is not coming from one of those tired old, bitter, self-proclaimed "real music"-aficionados, btw
tongue.gif

1) Run Dmc
2) Rakim and Eric B
3) LL Cool J. Before the sexy stuff
4} Roots- Disclaimer could be #1.. To respect to the legends they go here.
5) The eagles

seriously i taped an MJ HBO concert when i was a kid and i mustve watched it a good 400 times the tape fell apart

I am not knocking MJ, James Brown, or The Who; there is no doubt they are legendary performers. I just wanted to add my 2 pennies...

When I think of the term "performer," I view the actual muscial output as being vital. Dancing, breathing fire, changing outfits; that's allwell and good but I want to hear High Quality music at the show. There is a difference between a performer and an entertainer. That said,here are some groups/people I would add to the discussion:
  1. KISS - I have read for years that this groups' shows are phenominal. Period.
  2. Dave Matthews Band - They don't dance, but they are an incredibly tight band in concert and produce unbelievable live music.
  3. Metallica - Their shows are incredibly choreagraphed in terms of where they go and what they do for each song and they use lots of tech toys like lasers and pyro to amp it up. James got burned once by the pyro for standing in the wrong place. Maybe he wanted to be like MJ.
    tongue.gif
As I said, I am by no means saying these additions trump previous suggestions; I just want to put them in the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom