Best running shoes out there, regardless of brand?

wj4

I'm looking for a new pair of running shoes. I've heard a lot of good things about New Balance when it comes to running shoes, but I've alwaysowned Nikes so I wouldn't know from experience. Anything you guys recommend? I have wide feet too so anything that would accommodate this would behelpful. Thanks a lot.

I wear asics nimbus if you have a normal arch or kayano if you're in between normal and flat arch

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

id say nike free.
no particular model.
A friend of mine swears by Free's..he says it's like running barefooted. Truth be told, I kinda want to explore outside of the Nikeworld. All of my running shoes have been Nike's and they were all OK, but nothing great.

Asics huh? I may have to look into that.

asics 2100 series, asics nimbus, brooks adrenalines, brooks trances, nike vomeros, nike zoom elites, reebok kfs series, etc... the list goes on and on. thereare so many options with different fits, arches, weights, stability, and flexibility that its hard to say shoe x is the best running shoe. find a running storethat carries a variety of tech running brands and try a bunch on and see if you find one that feels right.

I don't think there's a running store near me, the best alternative is probably Sport Chalet. Do these Asics go on sale much? I just looked up theNimbus on Eastbay and the MSRP is $120.

i really like nike prestos, some styles better than other, but these shoes are suuuuper light. like running without shoes

I absolutely love Asics Gel Kayano. They come in widths, so you can really get your true size.
After every run in them, regardless of speed or distance, my feet don't hurt at all, and they're also kept very dry.
I highly recommend them.

Depends on what kind of shoe you need (stability, motion control, etc)

I agree with those above who say that Asics is the best overall (I've tried every brand at least twice over the years, but of course each shoe is differentso take it for what its worth. In other words, not that much). The heel heights are generally a bit lower on their training shoes than adidas or nike, in myexperience, which allows a smoother transition and a nice feel once you get moving.

For stability, Asics Kayano is the best. The Asics 2___ series is almost as good for a more reasonable price.

For motion control, I love th Asics Evolution II. I've heard the new Evolutions (iv) are great, haven't picked up a pair yet.

I rotate Kayano XIII, Evolution II, and Free 5.0 v2. The Frees do a surprisingly good job for pronators on short runs (they don't have posts or other stuffto stop you from pronating, but I have found that they encourage you to run in a way that greatly reduces pronation naturally).

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

id say nike free.
no particular model.
A friend of mine swears by Free's..he says it's like running barefooted. Truth be told, I kinda want to explore outside of the Nike world. All of my running shoes have been Nike's and they were all OK, but nothing great.

Asics huh? I may have to look into that.
for up to 1 mile on the treadmill, wear the Frees. For running outdoors and longer distances, get a serious running shoe by getting fitted at yourrunning store.

Thanks for the help. I went to a running store around here today, well 25 miles away but I thought it was worth it. They had a lot of Asics, but only 2 modelsin wide width...and only one in my size. I ended up with a pair of Asics Gel Foundation. I tried both on and they seem really to have a lot of cushion support.$90 well spent. Can't wait to try them out later tonight!

Asics r the best things on the market right now without a doubt!!! the compressed gel n free motion systems r used r simply like running on clouds!!! just abit pricey....

Originally Posted by wj4

Thanks for the help. I went to a running store around here today, well 25 miles away but I thought it was worth it. They had a lot of Asics, but only 2 models in wide width...and only one in my size. I ended up with a pair of Asics Gel Foundation. I tried both on and they seem really to have a lot of cushion support. $90 well spent. Can't wait to try them out later tonight!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
25 miles just to get some shoes.

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

Originally Posted by wj4

Thanks for the help. I went to a running store around here today, well 25 miles away but I thought it was worth it. They had a lot of Asics, but only 2 models in wide width...and only one in my size. I ended up with a pair of Asics Gel Foundation. I tried both on and they seem really to have a lot of cushion support. $90 well spent. Can't wait to try them out later tonight!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
25 miles just to get some shoes.
laugh.gif
I had nothing to do that day so I don't mind. I drive 15 miles to go to school so 25 miles isn't that far for me for some decentrunning shoes. I mean hell my friends and I drive 50+ miles for some good food when we have time.

Can't go wrong with Mizuno or Asics. Mizuno Wave Rider, good shoe. And as ya boy above mentioned tha Asics Gel.

Asics. Buy nothing else, seriously. Go to any running store than is owned by experienced runners, and they will put a pair of Asics on your feet. You need toget your gait looked at so you buy the right shoe.

Update...I've ran in them about 5-7 times and they are comfy! The gel cushion is still there and helps out after you're tired.

Back
Top Bottom