Best sneaker spots to hit in DC? Need help ASAP

Hey all

Headed up to DC for a last minute weekend trip.. was going to try to make a few stops since last time I didn't get to see much..

I called Major and it sounds like they're closed because of a building collapse next door. Anyone know if this is still the case?

Specifically looking for some Lebron 9's.. Cannons, Miami Nights, Christmas, Hurricanes... but any good sneaker spots do.

Also spots in general for me and the lady. Thanks in advance everyone.

DC sell out of everything...dont know what you were expecting to find.

take your lady to:

All Smithsonian Museums (natural history, air and space)
Georgetown
Adams Morgan on the weekend (bars and hookah)

you prolly can find some at PG Plaza.HOH Foot locker. Even though I heard they sell fakes,Try Kick Spott.My partner just brought his red foams from there.They looked legit to me.

So my trip was pretty good... didn't have much luck finding any Lebron 9's. Found one size in the Hurricanes at Footlocker in Pentagon City Mall, and then the dude at Champs was incredibly unhelpful, trying to tell me Miami Nights are sold out store wide even though people posted in the Lebron 9 thread just days ago saying Champs could do store transfers/orders for them. Whatever.

Saw someone wearing the Red Foams in Adams Morgan last night, finally decided I'm gonna need those after seeing them. Adams Morgan was cool, definitely packed. My girl got us on the guest list for District but I wasn't planning ahead of time, didn't realize there was a dress code, and was turned away for wearing Black/Cement 3's ha. We did hit up Grand Central as well as a few other spots. Couldn't really move around or get a decent drink in Grand Central (my 2nd gin/cranberry was literally all juice), so we ended up hitting Reef and staying there for the night. It was cool, pretty chill setting compared to some other spots. Just got sick of all the damn mainstream rap the DJ's were playing.

Hit up Georgetown and there wasn't much in the way of sneakers. Did hit GT Players and wow, that was a disappointment. They had a size 7 in the Miami Nights for $240.. word? I got to talking with the (assuming) shop owner about the Red Foams. He hinted at the fact that he already had them in stock downstairs so I tried to bargain with him to get a pair early. I told him I'd do $275 max and he said that'd work and to come back to the shop in a few hours. I did, and all of the sudden he wanted $300. For a pair of Foams that come out next week. Please son, this is how you are gonna treat a customer looking to drop over retail on a shoe? It's not like he had any hold-up about letting them go early. Dude flat out lied to me and tacked on $25 talking about "this color, this is the best! better than the pine greens!". Ok fammo. And I will wait and cop them for retail effortlessly less week. Will never go back to that place, thats for sure.

I wanted to hit PG Plaza and maybe even Kickk Spott but we didn't have enough time. Whether they have some shady practices or not, I wanted to check out the Mags and Watch the Throne Lebron 9's in person.

Thanks everyone for the help.. I'm sure i'll be making another trip soon..

Food tips are especially appreciated.. we found ourselves starving on a few occasions and just settled on the closest/best looking thing without really knowing what was good. Everything was disappointing, but I know DC has amazing food, so put me on.

Thanks again

Lebron 9s are still at Footlocker stores.

I saw ALL of them (kentucky, miami nights, miami huricane, cannons, etc.) while in Atlanta footlocker and footaction stores. Lenox Mall, Greenbriar, etc.

So, they still around in all sizes.

Damn, well yeah unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to hit Atlanta anytime soon. I wonder what the chances of getting a local spot to do a transfer are?

I searched high and low in DC and Pentagon City, was only able to find the GR colorways and ones I wasn't interested in (Ohio States, Kentuckys)

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Damn, well yeah unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to hit Atlanta anytime soon. I wonder what the chances of getting a local spot to do a transfer are?

I searched high and low in DC and Pentagon City, was only able to find the GR colorways and ones I wasn't interested in (Ohio States, Kentuckys)

You would of had more fun on U st. Jin and ben next door

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

What's the best way to order the Miami Nights? Eyes?
Stores and their managers getting mad petty, post LBJ South Beach transfers.

Now, things are so tight, even if you pay for the shoe in advance to be shipped to you or another store, THAT initial store that has the item won't ship it, because they aren't getting that sale.

OR... You may "tip off" an ignorant manager/employee, who thinks, "oh, this must be hot, let me see if I can flip it" when its been sitting at their store the ENTIRE time, and they don't ship/transfer it.

Champs stores still sitting on them.  Pay in advance at your own risk.  This day in time, I'll say its a 80% probability you'll get refunded, unless you call the area DM and complain.

Back
Top Bottom