Best way to learn another .. ??

I wanted to know what's the best way to learn another language? I learned English while hanging out with friends on the streets when I cameto the United States, not in school or books. It just happen, one day I joined the conversation. I'm trying to learn another language like Italian orFrench, just wanted to see what's the best way and/or where can I go? Thank in advance ...

You could probably look into audio tapes or taking some sort of class. Start from there I guess.
My co-workers are telling me I'll be able to pick up more chinese faster if I watched the chinese soap operas lol.
But yea, you do pick up things faster when youre more exposed to it. I guess youknow that since thats how you learned english

The best way to learn a new language is immersion, like you learned English.

But, just cater to your learning style (Visual, Hearing, Kinetic, etc,) and practice 24/7.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Rosetta Stone
That, and actual conversations with people who speak whatever language you want to learn fluently. Quick question tho, what language do youoriginally speak?

soltheman wrote:

But, just cater to your learning style (Visual, Hearing, Kinetic, etc,) and practice 24/7.

exactly. i took 4 yrs of spanish in hs and 2 semesters in college...and i still didnt get it. the way ive learned best is by practicing with family (some of myfamily is Mexican), dating a Salvadorian and practicing with people i work with.

I heard about Rosetta Stone, but when I hit walmart I see similar videos and tape for way cheaper. I'm just wondering if it's that much of a difference..

I speak Spanish, that's why I was leaning towards Italian.

I never like text books because I don't learn anything from them, hence why I always needed a good professor in college to speak everything out. But sinceI don't know many people that speak either English or Spanish, that's why I'm trying to find alternate means.

I speak $$$$, what you wanna know?

How the #@+$ do you make a dollar out of 50 cents!

First you gotta figure out how much money will it take to make some more money.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

real talk though

703 i seen in other threads what you said you wanna do for your career. Are you fluent in Spanish my man? I was told REALLY gives an edge for feds

Originally Posted by nycbxbdby

Originally Posted by supreme math

I recently purchased Spanish for dummies at B&N's for 40 bucks...3 discs and a paperback guide

How is that working for you?

Ahora no me siento como un forastero en las paradas de autobús y bodegas cuando son bromas que se lediga ... se le sorprende lo que se dice en español
laugh.gif

real talk though

703 i seen in other threads what you said you wanna do for your career. Are you fluent in Spanish my man? I was told REALLY gives an edge for feds

Man I took Spanish in HS for 3yrs and I don't know nothing but I can recognize some things here and there. But I know that will help out A LOT. My brothergo some Rosetta Stone from a "hook-up" so I need to get on it.

real talk though

Man I took Spanish in HS for 3yrs and I don't know nothing but I can recognize some things here and there. But I know that will help out A LOT. My brother go some Rosetta Stone from a "hook-up" so I need to get on it.

RS is for lazy people...your brother must be rich
laugh.gif

when i came here, i just learned it magically one day after a whole years struggle in kindegarten.

Originally Posted by nycbxbdby

I recently purchased Spanish for dummies at B&N's for 40 bucks...3 discs and a paperback guide

How is that working for you?

Ahora no me siento como un forastero en las paradas de autobús y bodegas cuando son bromas que se le diga ... se le sorprende lo que se dice en español
laugh.gif

LMAO .. you was almost there .. you lost me at the end .. but I think I understand ...

I don't know how much are Rosetta Storms, but in the Marines you can choose 1 or all of the languages RS has to offer - FOR FREE ..... if you in theMarines all you need to do is go to MarineNet

real talk though

Man I took Spanish in HS for 3yrs and I don't know nothing but I can recognize some things here and there. But I know that will help out A LOT. My brother go some Rosetta Stone from a "hook-up" so I need to get on it.

laugh.gif

Not yet

Some people say Rosetta Stone doesn't work.. They said it just shows you pictures of @#*+ and the meaning lol. No alphabet or basic stuff.

I'm taking Spanish classes right now and all my test answers so far is "Yo no se."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by soltheman

QFT. I learned more spanish being around spanish people than I did in spanish class.

real talk though

laugh.gif
How is Rosetta Stone for lazy people?

Back
Top Bottom