Best White/Red BBall Shoe? PG/SG

I need the best white/red ball shoe. I'm a pg mainly shooting guard. i need a shoe with good traction. good for pull up jumpers and hard drives (NH). Theshoe has to be white/red for my school colors.

thanks for the help

you can always go with the Nike ID option for the Zoom Kobe II Ultimates

Theres some red look-a-like colorways on Eastbay for the Zoom BBs. But just before anything, I suggest that you look at other brands too rather than justfocusing on Nike, i say this because this is NT, and not Adidas Talk or RBK Talk.

i wouldn't recommend Adidas that much just because u want something that last long with your need for good traction, from what i hear adidas' tractionpads don't last long enough. its good when the traction pad is still clean and new but after awhile it starts to lose its effectiveness. for RBK i wouldrecommend either the Answer XI or the Answer IV DMX

I'd go for the XX2's, even though I'm not a big fan of the graphic on them, these shoes are incredible oncourt performers.

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

how about the 14's? white red, great guard shoe.
Also a great choice, can't believe I forgot about these as they're one of my favourite shoes to play in.

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

how about the 14's? white red, great guard shoe.

Great choice. I'm actually about to break in a new pair this week while I'm waiting for the BB's to go on sale. I've been saving my pairsof XIV's too, 1 down 4 to go.

XIV's are great,

Try looking for the first color of the Zoom Kobe's (white/red/blk) you could probably get those for around $40-$50.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

I'd go for the XX2's, even though I'm not a big fan of the graphic on them, these shoes are incredible oncourt performers.

The XX2 is good. The XX2PE performs better - tighter fit around the midfoot and ankle, but feels a little 'thicker' at the forefoot.

If you look carefully, you should be able to find the Chicago White/Red colorway for well below retail - it hasn't been doing to well.
EDIT:

Having played in my XIVs today for the first time in a while, i was reminded WHY i stopped playing in them. I found the forefoot cushioning to be lackingcompared the XX2, along with midfoot and ankle support. I believe the XX2 has a clear advantage over the XIV.

^^^ I think it depends on what position you play and how you play. I played in both but the XIV feels like it's made for a guard to small forward that doesa lot of slashing and cutting. It's also great for quick stop and shoot. It's very light and not bulky feeling like I feel with the XX2's. It'svery close to the ground and doesn't have the restricting ankle support while still giving a decent amount of support. The XX2's does feel morelocked-in the foot than the XIV's, especially the retro's. Tech-wise, XIV's is 8 years behind the XX2's but it's still up there with mostbasketball shoes. It's not for a big person/position though although I have friends that loves to play in their XIV's and they play the PF & Cpositions.

Originally Posted by RFX45

It's very light and not bulky feeling like I feel with the XX2's.

Agreed, the XX2's heel and ankle area definitely does give it a bulky feel in that area.

No one has mention 2k5's yet? Everyone I know who has them says they're great. But the Kobe I is a great shoe for a guard, it took a while for me tobreak in but once I did I loved them. I also like my XIV's but I found that the ankle support wasn't that great.. I sprained my ankle in em. But Isuppose that could happen in any shoe.

Back
Top Bottom